• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist
True Story actually. I saw a personal Record of 5 shinys in a row in Pearl. I saw 5 strait shiny meditites and caught them all.

so you found 5 shinies in a matter of minutes and lost 1. sounds like karma catching up to you =/
yet i have yet to get a shiny of my own =(

cpman

An Original Trainer
Dang man, i actually use to see shinys in my Saphire all the time, but i did not know what they were. So many green and purple zubat.

the odds of seeing 5 shinies in a row would be very small. Shame I'm not smart enough to do the math. but 5 meditites? probably would've been cooler for 5 different shinies.

Last edited:

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
Yesterday I caught my very first ever hunted shiny. After giving up on SR for Hooh I decided to get Moltres and in only 172 SR I got it :) I have never been bothered with shinies, giving up waaaay too easily but hopefully this find will motivate me to start hunting. I was so surprised when I looked down at my DS to see a shiny Moltres. I swear I passed away for a second. I caught it with my Masterball I was saving for Suicune.

Catching moltres

Moltres

http://i54.*******.com/3523ski.jpg

http://i53.*******.com/21a0mis.jpg

Edible

Encrenca em dobro~
101024_175021.jpg

simplyabbey

I'm SR for a shiny Charmander. Only been going for 3 hours but already my hope is down. I do have a 6 hour train trip in a few days though so I might save that for shiny hunting.. But the back of my mind is telling me to just trade one of my legendaries for one! If I don't have one by the end of the week, you shall all see on the GTS :)

Last edited:

tombux

I'm SR for a shiny Charmander. Only been going for 3 hours but already my hope is down. I do have a 6 hour train trip in a few days though so I might save that for shiny hunting.. But the back of my mind is telling me to just trade one of my legendaries for one! If I don't have one by the end of the week, you shall all see on the GTS :)

I'm going to cry if you get your one befor I do 600 so far no shiny and I broke the a button on the ds

simplyabbey

I'm going to cry if you get your one befor I do 600 so far no shiny and I broke the a button on the ds

Oh you're gonna hate me! Haha I found one about an hour and half after I first posted... Annoying thing is, I accidently clicked 'give nickname' so I bashed 'A' till the letter allowance was full and clicked okay, then found out I had a shiny charmander called 'AAAAAAAAA' haha
So I'm off to find the name rater guy :) And don't give up! It'll come when you least expect it ;P

tombux

Oh you're gonna hate me! Haha I found one about an hour and half after I first posted... Annoying thing is, I accidently clicked 'give nickname' so I bashed 'A' till the letter allowance was full and clicked okay, then found out I had a shiny charmander called 'AAAAAAAAA' haha
So I'm off to find the name rater guy :) And don't give up! It'll come when you least expect it ;P

CURSE YOU! and gratz on the shiny 700 so far no luck

Last edited:
Yeah... it can take thousands or even tens of thousands of eggs or SRs to find a shiny so if you get one in the first couple of thousand then count yourself lucky.

So be patient =] My Lugia took over 5000 SRs and that is considered normal and even quick by some.

Congrats to the other Charmander guy you are VERY lucky, Moltres guy and Chiko guy =] or girls iunno.

I was stupidly lucky with my shiny Charmander at 11 eggs.

Here it is, hopefully some motivation for you.

GEDC0627.jpg

GEDC0634.jpg

GEDC0636.jpg

To this day i cannot believe my sheer luck with that pokemon.

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
Edible: double post please edit
About the Meditites: Probably due to Pokeradar?
I found a verrrrry old copy of diamond the other day in the laundry room I got it the day of it's release in the US of A -- that still works :D -- And on it i found My sisters' ~(Ampharoshiny to you peoples) shiny Gengar that she traded to me aaages ago in 2008... I think... My friends shiny Drifloon, his first SR; a shiny Koffing I can't remember where that came from, FR I think...; and my first SR in diamond: -- Shiny Spiritomb. --
^_^ I traded them all to one of my SSs. Me happy ^_^

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
Hey everyone, im new here. Yesterday, I restarted my Soulsilver ( got bored ) and I was trying to make my Quilava stronger by spamming wild encouters in route 34 when I came across a shiny Ratatta. I spammed a couple of Greats and Normal Balls until I caught it, afraid that I might faint it, and I finally caught it. It is the same colour as a Raticate. The only shiny Pokemon i have other than this is the red Gyrados, which is pretty common. I would just like to know if this Normal Shiny is rarer than shiny Legendaries because you can spam Soft reset for L. while you cant for normal pokemon.

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
In some sense yes, but in others no.
RE shinies are harder to encounter than SRed shinies; thus legendaries being easier to obtain in their shiny forms in that sense. But on the other hand, non Legendary pokemon can lay eggs, so you can MM, making the pokemon shine rate go down.
Hope that made sense...

tombux

Gratz mewtwoEX 1000 sr no luck my umbreon took 94 sr to I'm going to be crushed if the shiny charmander has a bad nature and us bad for battle

edit. I lost count restarting at 1300 think I think I past it tho all well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.