• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Shiny Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny_Lugia

Shiny Hunter
Finally going after my dream of catching a shiny Raikou. So far at 5 srs (going to do it lazily unlike my contant sr for my shiny ho-oh in HG)

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist
Finally going after my dream of catching a shiny Raikou. So far at 5 srs (going to do it lazily unlike my contant sr for my shiny ho-oh in HG)

i seriously hope you know how to SR for it right... wouldnt want you to waste your time

Letithia

I don't know if this goes here, but I have a question about getting a shiny through breeding. Is there a way to know if the hatched pokemon will be shiny before it hatches? Or there's no other way than to just keep hatching? Currently breeding for a shiny Teddiursa because the are so cute <3

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist
I don't know if this goes here, but I have a question about getting a shiny through breeding. Is there a way to know if the hatched pokemon will be shiny before it hatches? Or there's no other way than to just keep hatching? Currently breeding for a shiny Teddiursa because the are so cute <3

A well timed switch between boxes will allow the player to see the nature, ability and type of the Pokémon inside an egg. - from bulbapedia

Cutty

Forever now
^ I'm gonna hunt in that place too.

I haven't got any new shinies, kinda weird. I mean, not really.
All my random encounter hunts are going over 5,000 RE's now, so it's gonna be a longish hunt I guess.

Who knows one of them will shine before this October ends.
I hope it will be the one in Pokemon White.

Good luck everyone.

WishforaMilotic

Shiny Hunter~♥
eeuuuuurgh... i spent another whole night hunting for shiny ghost pokemon... i'm getting tired... i found... nothing... hopefully something will shine on my b-day tommorrow...

Aquanova

Well ive hit over 1000 SRs for my Lugia, i really hope I get it soon, so then after the E4 I can do the roamers, whom i killed a long while ago, alongside either an Isshu target or Dialga in my spare SS, however i might decide to do a Sinnoh target or Eevee, i cant decide there are so many i can go after.

When i get my Lugia, im naming it Takeshi after Takeshi Shudo, the former head writer of the Pokemon Anime, who also created Lugia, Shudo passed away a few days ago.

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist
not too much on topic but i really feel i should mention this...

so my friend from /vp/ knew that my favorite pokemon is Phione and ive been trying forever to get a shiny one. last night, he surprised me and told me to get on wifi with a derp. didnt know what to expect but when i saw what he had for me, i pretty much squealed and almost threw my DS.
20101030414.jpg
This thing is so AWESOME! He even named it what i was going to name it XD.
but it makes me sad because im 1300 eggs in and still no shiny. makes me wonder about those dozen or so eggs that i traded to people if they would have been shiny...
still trying to get my first ever shiny with my own OT that isnt LoR Garados

Blitz Lucario

I finally managed to get my shiny Houndoom. Took a lot of work with trying to get one to appear on the route between Celeadon and Saffron.

tombux

not too much on topic but i really feel i should mention this...

so my friend from /vp/ knew that my favorite pokemon is Phione and ive been trying forever to get a shiny one. last night, he surprised me and told me to get on wifi with a derp. didnt know what to expect but when i saw what he had for me, i pretty much squealed and almost threw my DS.
20101030414.jpg
This thing is so AWESOME! He even named it what i was going to name it XD.
but it makes me sad because im 1300 eggs in and still no shiny. makes me wonder about those dozen or so eggs that i traded to people if they would have been shiny...
still trying to get my first ever shiny with my own OT that isnt LoR Garados
Gratz! 2000 sr on my shuny charmander

Zabi

Not really here.
I haven't posted here since I got my shiny Cyndaquil. Since then, I got a copy of Heart Gold, and got a shiny Chikorita to complete my shiny starter set!

In Soul Silver, I decided to try and hatch a shiny Poliwag by the Masuda Method. It appeared in 254 eggs and appeared the day after Chikorita! They also ironically have the same nature, Hardy. Then I decided to do Weedle, as I killed one in LG by accident and it hatched today after 941 eggs! Pics of all three:

Would you like Chikorita as your starter?
Yes please!

Shiny Poliwag Status Page

Shiny Weedle Hatched!
Shiny Weedle Status Page

I guess I hit a luck streak this past two weeks! Going to be heading to Ho-oh/Lugia now. I will be using shiny Weedle and Poliwag on my Heart Gold team along with shiny Chikorita to get to Ho-oh!

Good luck everyone and congrats on all the recent shinies!

QingLong

Hive Trainer
The first time I used Surf I found Shiny Goldeen WOW
However if you are seeking it you will probably never find it, a shiny Pokèmon appears when you're not even thinking about it (at least for me)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I recently encountered my first random encounter Shiny in my HeartGold version. I was in the Sprout Tower at night the other day, just going about my business when a Shiny Gastly appeared out of nowhere and startled me since I had never thought to find one that early in the games (I had just started HG). What made me really nervous about this Shiny Pokemon encounter was the fact that I had few Pokeballs left in stock and my Pokemon were worn out from training. I had to carefully attack Gastly with my Chikorita's Razor Leaf and then tossed several Pokeballs at the Gastly. Managed to capture it right as I was running out of balls. I'm going to trade this one for a better Shiny, so I chose not to nickname it. No pictures this time sadly, as my camera is at my aunt's house :s

Edible

Encrenca em dobro~
After -2- RE's in Ilex EV training my Meowth I found a shiny Psyduck, spent a whole minute with my mouth wide open. Was watching Rocky Horror Picture Show for the 3rd time and wasn't even paying much attention. Never had much luck with shinies but thats my 3rd on HG! My chiko is now a shiny meganium!

Status
Not open for further replies.