• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11515

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

~ Official Pokemon News Discussion Thread ~
In order to avoid all those silly excess topics, I, along with the other mods of this section, decided to make an Official Pokemon News Discussion where you, obviously, discuss new Pokemon news be it large or small! This does not count as an event announcement thread, you can announce that an official Nintendo event is occurring where you are, but not here please. :)

Anyway, post new information pertaining to Pokémon, and don't post stuff that's already been posted, or that's not official from Nintendo itself.
And you must have a reliable resource to post. Word of mouth doesn't count for most news stories. :\
How do you find that out? Use the search feature. It's what it's there for. :[

We do regularly check the news stories, especially if you don't post a link. Even then we may even check via another source if links are posted.

List of what we think is reliable relating to Game releases

Most Reliable for new info:
Generally, the info on these site is either true or the Official Press line.

• Official Pokémon Sites - they include Pokémon.com and Pokémon Global link, and Pokémon Black & White sites.
  • Official Nintendo Sites - And Many Official Games sites like Smash Bros Dojo. http://www.smashbros.com for games such as Smash Bros.
  • Game Developer's sites - Game Freak and certain others, but only after they're confirmed that they're making said game.
  • Junichi Masuda's Blog at http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/ This usually doesn't cover actual game news but covers several hidden aspects of the games.
  • Serebii.net - If it's on here, Serebii has confirmed it, and he outranks all other staff.
  • UK's Official Nintendo Magazine website - Usually checks information and being part of Nintendo has sneak peek info.
  • Games themselves - Just to clear up, new info in the games is hard to find except for after Launch of games.
  • Nintendo Channel on the Wii - Extension to Official Nintendo's Sites.
  • Nintendo Press statements
  • PokémonSmash - Japanese TV show Sunday 8:30 am JST, Generally the best for new news there is.
  • CoroCoro
Acceptable Info:
News from these sites are a good indication that the news is true. Generally Posting info from here generally acceptable:

• Gaming Magazine sites Such as
    • IGN
    • Kotaku
    • Joystiq
    • Game Trailers
    • General News sites like BBC, Reuters (generally doesn't cover games, as a result may have some inaccurate information.)
  • Shopping sites such as Amazon, Gamestop, Gamestation - However these sites may make up dates to start taking money for the game.
  • Bulbagarden's BulbaNews
  • Certain "Long Term" Pokémon Fan Site's news section:
    • Marriland
    • PokéBeach
Generally considered unreliable:
These sites are usually don't need to check facts or even have editorial staff. These sites will usually require fact checking before being confirmed official.

• Forums - which include:
    • 4Chan.org
    • Serebiifourms.com
    • BulbaGarden
  • Most Nintendo and Pokémon News Fan Sites - some are known for copy news from IGN and like, or "make it up."
  • Most Blogs.
  • Most YouTube Accounts (Exceptions belong to sites mentioned above.)
  • Word Of Mouth
  • Some Game store Clerk said it.
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
We may Approve stuff that have come from any site, but we do need confirm it.

Discuss.​

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 11515

For some reason I can't merge a new thread with an old one and have the new thread be the first... so..

halloweenghost said:
[IMG139]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/halloweenghost/shayminoutline.jpg[/IMG139]

it's that time again!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Last edited:

Darkrainer

RPH Elite Trainer
I was really looking forward to seeing Pikachu, but I guess I wasn't watching when he went by. Thx for the link. At least I got to see a picture of it. *sigh*

Torpoleon

Pikachu and the Poke Ball as what i waited for. The announcers should just say,"There are exactly 493 Pokemon." Instead, they say 490.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I thought I heard a missunderstanding, but the the lady, as one of the speakers, said "Porkemon". :p Also nice for the original music to be played. :)

SmartD

Pikachu and the Poke Ball as what i waited for. The announcers should just say,"There are exactly 493 Pokemon." Instead, they say 490.

Maybe they didn't know about Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Darkrai they should've have known and Shaymin and Arceus haven't been announced by PUSA yet. I missed the parade, so it's next year then.

PokeFreak001

Queen of Ice

The lady actually said "Have you ever needed someone to play peekaboo with why not with this little guy Pikachu, He is the most recognized character in the world of Pokemon which has over 490 plus Pokemon in all" then she goes on about how big and what type of things can fit in it to compare size

P.S Love Tivo lol

D

Deleted member 11515

This is nothing new. It's always in the Thanksgiving Parade - well at least it has been for the past few years. :p
Alas, I didn't watch the parade, but I'm glad to see it's still around. I wonder how long they plan on keeping it in the parade...
Edit: Merged with News thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Aw wishing we had thanksgiving more, would have so wanted to be there at the parade.

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
I like the Macy's day parade. I think that they should make like a feature float of maybe like two or three pokemon together besides Pikachu (even if it's cute)

Haxon22

iJerk
Macy Day Parade is boring
Nuff said

mockingjay

swift and lol
8:30 AM ET, Saturday November 29th will air Pokemon Rise Of Darkrai. On Cartoon Network, obviously.

AstralEon

The one and only.
I guess I was a bit late on checking at the official site. Missed the parade watch. Thanksgiving day was a busy day so didn't have time to check.

As for the Darkrai movie, I already watched it 3 times and im sick of it now....not really. I'll watch it if there's nothing on TV to watch. And as for the D/P series coming out each morning, I would probably watch the ones that I missed on seeing.

Hmm, December will be an interesting month.

PS: I was freaked out of that dark matter Shaymin coming out from the site. :eek:
;492;