• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

diakyu

Well didn't the way corocoro's preview last month was worded last month imply that they were reporting on the news, not that they were revealing it?

Akashin

Well didn't the way corocoro's preview last month was worded last month imply that they were reporting on the news, not that they were revealing it?

Not really, no. 'Huge scoop' is a term they've thrown around plenty of times, and not in reference to rehashing info we've gotten elsewhere.

That very well could be the case here, obviously, but their choice of words doesn't make it any more likely.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Alright less than ten hours and I'm pretty excited. Not sure how I'm going to go about seeing the video right when it is available given I'll be in calc, but I'm sure I'll figure something out in the moment. It's either that or wait, and I don't want to wait any more!

I don't plan on watching the video live myself cuz I'll either be asleep or just getting up for work. I'm surprised that some people want to ditch school just to see it however. ^^;

diakyu

Not really, no. 'Huge scoop' is a term they've thrown around plenty of times, and not in reference to rehashing info we've gotten elsewhere.

That very well could be the case here, obviously, but their choice of words doesn't make it any more likely.
They say, "the major announcement the world has been waiting for is coming in May". In May, not in the next issue. This is why I assumed we were getting something before corocoro.

supersarepi

8 hours I think? I'm from the west coast so it's 5 am for me.

7 hours and 29 minutes as of this message.

As for the two sources, I'm fairly certain both Corocoro and the video will have more or less the same info. We could get the Starters revealed and the legends shown in CGI in the video, then the legends revealed in Corocoro, which was what happened in XY, but the difference won't be any more substantial than that.

Red and Blue

Does anyone know how long it took for Xerneas and Yvetal`s types to revealed after they were first shown?

BCVM22

I don't have the exact dates but we got Xerneas at the initial reveal in January 2013, and didn't learn of the Fairy-type itself until E3 in June of that year, so the Xerneas/Yveltal type reveal would have had to come after that.

The punchline is that it was long enough after their unveiling that if we do get the box Legendaries tomorrow, we shouldn't necessarily expect their types as well.

Last edited:

supersarepi

Does anyone know how long it took for Xerneas and Yvetal`s types to revealed after they were first shown?

Quite a few months. Xerneas and Yveltal were first shown in January 2013, their types were revealed at the E3 Nintendo direct with the fairy type in June that year.

Red and Blue

I don't have the exact dates but we got Xerneas at the initial reveal in January 2013, and didn't learn of the Fairy-type itself until E3 in June of that year, so the Xerneas/Yveltal type reveal would have had to come after that.

The punchline is that it was long enough after their unveiling that if we do get the box Legendaries tomorrow, we shouldn't necessarily expect their types as well.

I think we should be able to get a good idea of their types based on their appearance like Magearna. The Sun mascot is definitely a fire type but the Moon one is up for debate

BCVM22

We can get a good idea all we want. But that's not the same as an actual reveal, which is what you asked.

Rio!

Composer
You know, I'd be perfectly fine with just seeing the mascots of these set of games in a fancy, animated fashion with names revealed similar to Xerneas/Yveltal. I looped those GIFs so many times, lol.

Hi everyone. Been checking the site for years for news. I thought it was high time to join a community and have heard great things about you guys. I see we are discussing the direct event. What time will it be for central?

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Hi everyone. Been checking the site for years for news. I thought it was high time to join a community and have heard great things about you guys. I see we are discussing the direct event. What time will it be for central?

Welcome! It's not a direct, but some sort of video. It will be up in around 4.5h from this message.