• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

greninjamaster

Making a live action movie with Ash, Brock and Misty would seems backwards, in my opinion. As great as those characters would be for the sake of nostalgia, it immediately limits where the story could potentially go (what, are we just going to confine the OS to only 100 minutes?) along with the actors and actresses that you could cast.

I actually think it would be interesting if the movie featured a young adult Ash, Brock, and Misty. Like say 16-17 age. They could go anywhere at that point, I don't expect if they do the OS live action movie they will be portrayed as 10-11 years old. I also don't expect it would be a badge quest. I could see it being his Pokemon Master test or something to that regard. Maybe getting the gym battles or glimpses of them via flashbacks.

I don't see them ever making a film based on Ash. It will be brand new characters. Apparently Max Landis was told he couldn't use anything specific to the anime.

That's why they're using Detective Pikachu to dip their toes in the water before going for the big guns.

Last edited:

Nockturne

Well if they're using Detective Pikachu as a jumping off point maybe they'll use other spin offs to flesh out the Pokemon Universe before trying something as difficult to adapt as a badge quest, and we'll see a Pokemon Ranger movie?

Out of all the Pokemon IP's, Ranger seems like the easiest to adapt into a movie to me.

This isn't movie stuff, but what if Ash-Greninja is revealed tomorrow at Gamescom to ride the hype off of Ash's potential league win? Even if only Japan gets the episode it's still the most popular Pokémon over there and would be major hype. Also we got Zygarde uploaded online just a bit after being revealed in Taiwan, so the event being in Germany isn't really a barrier.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Not a fan of the idea of a live action pokemon movie. Didn't work with other anime that got turned into live action so I fail to see how this one would be different. Also where do I go to view the live video of the next Sun and Moon news which appears on Thursday?

Not a fan of the idea of a live action pokemon movie. Didn't work with other anime that got turned into live action so I fail to see how this one would be different. Also where do I go to view the live video of the next Sun and Moon news which appears on Thursday?

Nintendo of Germany's Twitch, 5pm over there. It'll likely also be on their YouTube.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I agree. A live action Pokemon movie based off the anime would be horrific and I'll pass on it.

R_N

This isn't movie stuff, but what if Ash-Greninja is revealed tomorrow at Gamescom to ride the hype off of Ash's potential league win? Even if only Japan gets the episode it's still the most popular Pokémon over there and would be major hype. Also we got Zygarde uploaded online just a bit after being revealed in Taiwan, so the event being in Germany isn't really a barrier.

People have been saying "what if it's ash greninja THIS TIME" for like...4 reveals now, including the one where ash & greninja master becoming ash-greninja (which at the time seemed a lot more relevant to showing ash-greninja in the game tbh)

at this point i fully expect ash-greninja to just be noncahalantly shown with no fanfare
zygarde was shown entirely unrelated to anything else at random

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Possibly, but isn't the Gamescom thing gonna be live gameplay?

I mean, I guess they could show Ash-Greninja in the gameplay, but then they'd probably be in a late part of the game.

The live action movie isn't about the anime, though, it's about Detective Pikachu.

... Unless you were referring to the idea of an anime live-action movie, in which case, nevermind.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
A live action Pokemon movie based off the anime......No thanks. It would end up being a disaster just like Dragon Ball Evolution. That movie is VERY bad. I would almost rather watch reruns of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.....That's how bad Dragonball Evolution is.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
A live action Pokemon movie based off the anime......No thanks. It would end up being a disaster just like Dragon Ball Evolution. That movie is VERY bad. I would almost rather watch reruns of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.....That's how bad Dragonball Evolution is.

What makes you say that? Pokemon and Dragon Ball are completely different franchises and their respective movies would have completely different makers. I fail to see what one has to do with the other.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Since this has popped up lately, I must ask:

Why is the Kalos league battle episode getting so much hype? It feels like the same hype from the finale of Gravity Falls.

It's like people got really invested in this one episode all of a sudden.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Since this has popped up lately, I must ask:

Why is the Kalos league battle episode getting so much hype? It feels like the same hype from the finale of Gravity Falls.

It's like people got really invested in this one episode all of a sudden.
Because Ash may actually win a League.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Either trainer could win the Kalos league. Anyway, if there is no new news for Sun and Moon tomorrow then there is always the early days of September and corocoro.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Even if Ash does beat the league, he'll immediately lose to some nooblet in Alola right after, and balance will be restored. XD

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm probably going to just abandon these forums for the next week or so in order to not be spoiled on the results of the battle, as I wait to watch episodes until the dub comes out. Normally I don't care about being spoiled on the results of battles in the anime, but this is something potentially major and I'd rather be surprised.

I wish I could just stay out of the anime section and be fine, but we all know that regardless of the results there will be people talking about it everywhere.

R_N

I'm probably going to just abandon these forums for the next week or so in order to not be spoiled on the results of the battle, as I wait to watch episodes until the dub comes out. Normally I don't care about being spoiled on the results of battles in the anime, but this is something potentially major and I'd rather be surprised.

I wish I could just stay out of the anime section and be fine, but we all know that regardless of the results there will be people talking about it everywhere.

You're going to need far more than a week. The dub's not too far behind, but it still has a ways to go

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You're going to need far more than a week. The dub's not too far behind, but it still has a ways to go

I think the dub is about three months behind right now. All I meant is that after a week or so the excitement should die down, so hopefully no one will be spoiling it.