• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Cradily17

Another season for our favorite dead horse to lose in the end in some disgraceful way.

I swear, they make it an art now.

At least he won the Orange League and Battle Frontier, so it's not like his journey has been all for nothing.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So corocoro will leak sometime in the next 5 days or so when we finally see rockruff's secret.

I dunno about the next 5 days, it should leak between the 11th-13th. 10th earliest, 14th latest.

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Its better than xy where it was the most dry barebones plot of flare just wanting to destroy the world.

The problem with the plot wasn't that it was barebones. There was a lot going on too. From AZ's story to the large amount of rivals interacting together and working together to find out more about Mega Evolutions so they could help Sycamore with his research, there was also Team Flare stealing energy from the Powerplant and causing the blackout in Lumiose City, the Holocaster working as a spy tool, the scientists and their grunts trying to collect money and randomly causing trouble everywhere like it happened in the Frost Cave and the Glittering cave, masked heroes Sina and Dexio trying to save the world and Lysandre trying to stop people from fighting for resources by commiting genocide and also killing Pokémon so they wouldn't become tools of destruction by the hands of humans.
The problem is that they introduced so many characters and storylines and weren't able to properly develop each one of them. These games also had the worst developed gym leaders, Champion and rivals i've ever seen.
Sure if you add more characters and more storylines it will look like the story is more complex, but this is a kids game, the story isn't supposed to be extremely complex, it's just supposed to be enjoyable, something GF hasn't been able to do for a long time. Besides, this is a false feeling of complexity, because despite having lots of characters and storylines, they all are superficial af without the proper development.

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
More Sun and Moon footage coming the 14th.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Okay well it probably will for sure have rockruff gameplay of what the secret is. Then again it comes the day before corocoro is officiall out. Maybe also starter evos or maybe not and some other stuff.

Aetius

This is true bliss!
I'm still hyped for what we got two days ago and they're already letting us know that a new trailer will be shown on the 14th (presumably together with CoroCoro)?
Cannot....contain...the....EXCITEMENT!

Nockturne

That new trailer is pretty juicy, even if it does repeatedly focus on the text boxes in what I'm assuming are opportune moments. Love, love, love the sheer volume and variety of Pokemon present in the over world as well. Really looks like the Pokemon world is actually going to feel like a world filled with Pokemon this time.

Also those totem Pokemon entrance cut scenes are cool, Wishiwashi's looked legitimately intimidating

Last edited:

Hauke_von_Arding

So it seems like Famitsu confirmed certain pokemon won't have alolan forms and that includes Arcanine.

Apparently, the scans say their original forms will be present in Alola. Here is the pics
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vu8fpOi5...MMZ_Hws32IFTYAlzjkq3V7gCLcB/s1600/scan_10.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n8QRaKnR...VsafKVFMyeZ4sfysoFsvUB-gCLcB/s1600/scan_9.jpg

That's what we already saw on the official Japanese page under 'Pokemon found on Alola'. But still people believe they will have a secret... whyever.

phanpycross

God-king
so I guess it will indeed just be the less iconic kanto pokemon that get "reworks" to show how far GF has come with their designs.

Fine by me tbh.

Pokemon Power

Hauke_von_Arding

No Alolan Dragonite, rats. But no Alolan Arcanine means that leaked list is balony.

The leaked list had some errors already. It says Alolan Ratta is only dark but it's Normal/Dark. And it says Alolan Ninetales is Fire/Fairy but it's Ice/Fairy... So maybe Alolan-Arcanine was just an error too, even if the leak is otherways believable.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
So it seems like Famitsu confirmed certain pokemon won't have alolan forms and that includes Arcanine.

Apparently, the scans say their original forms will be present in Alola. Here is the pics
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vu8fpOi5...MMZ_Hws32IFTYAlzjkq3V7gCLcB/s1600/scan_10.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n8QRaKnR...VsafKVFMyeZ4sfysoFsvUB-gCLcB/s1600/scan_9.jpg

Well, this is quite a bit of a stretch, but I read what I could of the heading and blurb at the top (I'm learning Japanese but still have a ways to go), and while it confirms that the original forms of these pokemon will be in alola, it never explicitly denies that they have alola forms. It could be what some people speculate with version-exclusive alola forms (with the originals being found in the other version) or alola forms on some islands but regular forms on others. But yeah, extremely unlikely at this point that these pokemon get alola forms, which is too bad 'cause I would've liked to see one for growlithe/arcanine and the dragonite line, provided they were well done...

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So how big is the chance of getting CoroCoro leakas Today? It mostly around 11-12 right?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

This may not exclude any of them from having an Alolan form.

Certain forms could appear in certain locations. For example, Alolan Vulpix appears only in the mountains, but there could still be a few regular Vulpix on ground level. Same could apply to Growlithe and Arcanine.