• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

shadowF

So what do you guys think they will reveal in the October 4th news?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

I hope we get the official names of the player characters.

But if we don't, I won't complain too much because Character Customization improved on many of the things wrong with the first version. (That is not to say I disliked the first version. It was very good for a first time :D )

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

There isn't much left. Type: Null's true forme is for Corocoro, so only obvious remaining thing is the starter middle evolutions.

AmethystLeslie

I thought this trailer was awesome. I'm very satisfied with everything that was shown off here.

The new pokemon were exciting, and I can't wait for more. While I picked Moon, I prefer Passimian over Oranguru. Oh well, there's always trading. I'm glad we got confirmation on how Rockruff evolves. I can imagine people getting upset over this, but like i said. There's always trading.

The trainer customization and Pokemon Refresh also look cool, with the latter also serving as infinite Full Heals is also cool (and possibly make the Full Heals less useful).

Z-Moves, also cool, and of course Pikachu gets a Z-Move, that dance is adorable, and that reversed gif of Ash throwing Pikachu first came to mind, as well as the spinning part of Catastropika reminding me of Sonic's spin dash.

Extreme Evoboost's animation, with all the Eeveelutions all together like a squad reminds me of something. I just can't place what.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
There isn't much left. Type: Null's true forme is for Corocoro, so only obvious remaining thing is the starter middle evolutions.

oooo,
so maybe the starters evos on the 4th, then type:null stuff between the 12th and 15th (corocoro), with a trailer most likely released on the 20th or something regarding it, and then probably summing up the news with a demo for early november?

AceTrainerBen

Sure but this does not shore up the rest of eevee's deal

It just reminds me a lot of the FEAR rattatas and other such strategies. Extremely niche strats that can definitely work but aren't really used and can fail easily.

It will make eevee at least usable in his Smogon tier I think.

I agree, it's risky and is probably gonna end up more of a gimmick, but if you told me I'm from the future and people took this to worlds 2017, like they did raichu this year and pachirisu in 2014, I'd also not be too surprised.

I guess all you need to do to make this work, is to just do exactly what they did with the aforementioned electric rodents, make it bulky! Survive a hit then benefit from what effectively is geomancy, iron defence, and swords dance all at once. then psych up, baton pass or just mow down the rest of little cup.

btw, I forgot to mention Eevee also gets adaptability and last resort... so that could easily work too.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
We have a Pokemon game confirmed for the NX, but we don't know what it is yet.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SsrW5nBBhg

What do you think it will be? A new Stadium/BR style game perhaps?

It depends on what NX actually is, although Ishihara has hinted it is what we all have heard, a hybrid of home and portable consoles. If the hybrid rumors are true, we could see both main games and BR/Stadium style games on it. But first things first, Nintendo really needs to unveil the damn thing already.

Xuxuba

From what i've seen of Pokémon Refresh's interface, there is no minigames. So i wonder how do you get the PokéBeans, maybe you make them out of berries just like the pokeblocks idk.

Last edited:

Nockturne

The fact PokeRefresh lets you heal status ailments its great because it gives you an actual reason to use it outside of spamming it to get max affection for crits and whatever. The three minigames got really repetitive and the fact you have to alternate between feeding and minigaming was a pain, so I'll probably actually use the feature this time round.

Rio!

Composer
The fact PokeRefresh lets you heal status ailments its great because it gives you an actual reason to use it outside of spamming it to get max affection for crits and whatever. The three minigames got really repetitive and the fact you have to alternate between feeding and minigaming was a pain, so I'll probably actually use the feature this time round.

Agreed there, that got stale pretty fast. Cute idea, but not nearly enough practical use.
I do like the reveal for today though, the number one of the localized 'Lycanroc' vs Luna-gargle-. Also, I actually like the monkey pokemon this time around (Infernape was alright though I hadn't actually played it myself). ;o Not to mention, it's nice to see new decent abilities for the Double/Triple format being introduced.
I am pretty hyped for Type:Null's maskless upgrade in the next couple weeks though neat stuff.

Xuxuba

The three minigames got really repetitive and the fact you have to alternate between feeding and minigaming was a pain, so I'll probably actually use the feature this time round.

IMO, the best way to deal with this would be by adding more options, making them more fun and allowing the player who does not like minigames to be able to get the Pokébeans in some other way. But removing them and leaving just the rubbing part makes it even more boring and stale.

We have a Pokemon game confirmed for the NX, but we don't know what it is yet.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SsrW5nBBhg

What do you think it will be? A new Stadium/BR style game perhaps?

They already said in a interview they weren't going to make Stadium games anymore bc the only reason why they made them in the first place was to make a 3d pokemon rpg game, but now that the main series is already in 3d so they have no reasons to do it anymore.

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian

That's what I want, starters middle evolutions. PLEASE GAME FREAK.

But yeah, I actually like the 2 forms of rockruff's evolution. That is definitely going to be on my team. The Eevee Zmove has me curious... can its evolved forms use it? if so, then we have the most broken move in history.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
IMO, the best way to deal with this would be by adding more options, making them more fun and allowing the player who does not like minigames to be able to get the Pokébeans in some other way. But removing them and leaving just the rubbing part makes it even more boring and stale.

They already said in a interview they weren't going to make Stadium games anymore bc the only reason why they made them in the first place was to make a 3d pokemon rpg game, but now that the main series is already in 3d so they got no reasons to do it anymore.

they'll probably make an AWESOME huge game for NX if it's supposed to replace the wiiu. Is the nx replacing the wiiu or is it just the next in line for the 3ds? i heard rumours that it is both...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So there's the rugby monkey. This means snowman and dolphin are real, and further confirmation that the starter evos are real.