• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Pokemon Power

OK, I'm glad they revealed how you can get your Pokemon from the 3DS VC versions of Red, Blue and Yellow to Sun and Moon through Poke Transporter. Gives it a reason to be used more. Pikachu's exclusive Z-Move looks like it could replace Volt Tackle as his Final Smash in the next Super Smash Bros.. I kinda knew there would be Pokemon games on NX. I'm glad they confirmed that rumor to be true, but something tells me that they are gonna have to delay the release of the NX due to lack of info.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
"Pokémon confirmed for the NX"

In other news, water is wet.

Yes, but the interview seems to indicate that we'll get a game at/near launch, which is significant. Having a launch line up that includes Pokemon and Zelda can really help sell a system, and besides, this means we'll likely see a new Pokemon title (albeit a spin-off) by this time next year.

AceTrainerBen

So assuming the link between the starters and rockruff is the evolution split, do you think the mid stages will split off or just the final evos?

Nockturne

If it is going to be version exclusive evos (which seems pretty likely imo) I'd think it would just be for the final stages.

shadowF

I have a question, with the recent news on the European Pokemon Tournament, did it say that only Alolan born pokemon can participate? which means no Kalos born pokemon will be able to be used in tournaments for this generation?

Yes, but the interview seems to indicate that we'll get a game at/near launch, which is significant. Having a launch line up that includes Pokemon and Zelda can really help sell a system, and besides, this means we'll likely see a new Pokemon title (albeit a spin-off) by this time next year.

Oh yeah, I totally agree about it being a major thing to help shift consoles, but I think it would have been more surprising if they didn't make games for the NX within the first few years as they did with Gen V and the 3DS line. As for us seeing a spin-off, I'm not totally sure, because if recent rumours are supposedly turning true, GF will be producing the first Pokémon NX game, which is important for obvious reasons, and furthermore, they've yet to produce a Pokémon spin-off game, so if we're getting a Pokémon NX game within the first year of launch, and if it is being developed by Game Freak, I'll be surprised if it's not a main series entry or something similar, as is the case with Breath of the Wild.

Akashin

I have a question, with the recent news on the European Pokemon Tournament, did it say that only Alolan born pokemon can participate? which means no Kalos born pokemon will be able to be used in tournaments for this generation?

No Kalos Pokemon for that tournament at least, seeing as Bank won't even have been updated to make that possible yet.

R_N

MMm? Wasn't this just the quote?

“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,” said Mr. Ishihara. “We will make games for the NX.”

This doesn't imply anything other than "games will be made for it"

Rio!

Composer
So there's the rugby monkey. This means snowman and dolphin are real, and further confirmation that the starter evos are real.

Wait, from where?

Rio!

Composer
From the Chinese leak. You can learn more about it from the Sun and Moon forum's Confirmed Info/Relevant Leaks/Hoaxes thread.

Oh dang, so that explains the bit of fanart I've seen at least a couple from. I'm going to lol if Popplio actually has a case similar to that of Froakie's (where it didn't receive much love until the final evolution whereas Chespin was the more popular one, but somewhat less enjoyed final evo). If that's the case, this will only make selecting a starter that much more difficult, hoo-boy.
Guess next is just waiting for the next early October update, looking forward to that. ;o

cocomonpetitcoq

Does anyone know if the Pokemon Newsletter have came out yet? I know I asked this question a week earlier, but I think someone said that had received a code for Darkrai so now I'm wondering.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Do we have anything more specific than "October 2016" for the American Volcanion serial code distribution at GameStop yet? Does it actually start on the 1st?

Last edited:

cocomonpetitcoq

Do we have anything more specific than "October 2016" for the American Volcanion serial code distribution at GameStop yet? Does it actually start on the 1st?

When Serebii added it to the event database, it was only stated as a rumor. They didn't know much more than October 2016 and said they would update when more details would be released. I guess Nintendo wants it to be a real surprise.

Ascended Dialga

Two new 3DS themes have been released in Japan: Team Rocket and Team Galactic. Kanto and Sinnoh remakes confirmed, maybe? But I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Two new 3DS themes have been released in Japan: Team Rocket and Team Galactic. Kanto and Sinnoh remakes confirmed, maybe? But I won't hold my breath.

I saw them and they look great. I wish I lived in Japan so I could download these themes. And I had assumed that the new artwork was Ken Sugimori's, but now I'm not so sure hee hee. ^^

Pokemon Power

Less than a week until the next bit of Sun and Moon info is released. I'm thinking they'll show new Alolan formes and new Pokemon, plus maybe the return of Mega Evolution. I've gotten really aquatinted to it during the last generation, and it would be a bummer if they didn't bring it back.