• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

R_N

So while I'm sure we'll get a DP remake eventually (probably gen 8) I don't think these themes are hints towards anything. They're just 2 more in a line of pokemon themes that have been released the past 2 years. These 2 in particular are probably to coincide with the Heel Pikachu promotion that's based around all the past evil teams. DP also turned 10 so it seems fitting to release it alongside the Team Rocket one. The TR one even references HGSS with the rocket admins as part of the panorama

I hope they follow through and release ones for the other teams. I'd love a pair of Plasma themed ones.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Last time i checked 'could' means maybe, but yeah, what do i know

People thought every little thing in gen 5 was hinting to gen 3 remakes, yet it never happened (until gen 6). Gamefreak waits until it is a new console generation, so it will be in gen 8.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Two new 3DS themes have been released in Japan: Team Rocket and Team Galactic. Kanto and Sinnoh remakes confirmed, maybe? But I won't hold my breath.

They're there to promote the Evil Team merchandise campaign in the Pokémon Centers from Saturday

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
If those themes don't come to the US and EU I'll be really disappointed. I want the Team Galactic one so bad. Had my current one for a long time so I could do with a new one.

R_N

If those themes don't come to the US and EU I'll be really disappointed. I want the Team Galactic one so bad. Had my current one for a long time so I could do with a new one.

We get like 90% of the themes. The most notable exceptions are probably the Picross theme and the Female XY Trainer theme. I'm not sure why (especially for Picross), maybe the artist never okayed the second one?

Anyway it's more likely we'll get these just like how we got all the other merchandise-related themes and/or the game-related themes (the Red/Blue rival theme especially)

side note: the main site lists the steven theme as only coming out in japan & europe, but it's on the US shop too

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm getting the Rocket theme. What's interesting to know that it's a combination of Gen 1 & 2. With Boss Giovanni (before he left) and the Rocket Admins.

BCVM22

No you can't know this either.

The point that we're choosing to ignore for reasons unknown is that Sinnoh-related 3DS system themes in the here and now do not portend Simnoh remakes in and of themselves, much less with any immediacy, raising the question of why and how it came up on the first place.

Perhaps we're better focusing on that instead of playing the game of "you're not Game Freak, you can't make declarations"?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
We get like 90% of the themes. The most notable exceptions are probably the Picross theme and the Female XY Trainer theme. I'm not sure why (especially for Picross), maybe the artist never okayed the second one?

Anyway it's more likely we'll get these just like how we got all the other merchandise-related themes and/or the game-related themes (the Red/Blue rival theme especially)

side note: the main site lists the steven theme as only coming out in japan & europe, but it's on the US shop too

I hope so. Team Galactic is my favourite out of the evil teams so I'd love to have it. Usually the EU/US releases happen a week or so after the JP ones so I'll be keeping an eye on the main site for news.

I wasn't aware we never got the Picross one (forgot the Serena one). Seems strange that we didn't get it. Would have been nice to go along with the game. Maybe because it was a limited time one? The PSMD one was limited time too but I don't recall us getting that either.

The plushies are adorable. I'd love the Team Galactic one but I don't have $20 I can spend on it. Plus it'll probably be more expensive with import costs and such.

Pokemon Power

I think it won't be until Generation VIII in which we see Diamond and Pearl remakes. Then again, Game Freak has been trying to be unpredictable with new Pokemon games. People were expecting a third version of Black and White, we got Black and White 2 instead. People were also expecting sequels to X and Y, we got OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire instead.

Otjenyn

ROADRUNNER
Nintendo Netherlands just posted this on their facebook:

Ben je in het bezit van Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby of Alpha Sapphire, kom dan langs op de Nintendo stand tijdens Firstlook Festival om de mytische Pokémon Volcanion op te halen! Vanaf 10 oktober ontvang je Volcanion ook bij Bart Smit, Intertoys en ToysXL, zo lang de voorraad strek

Translation: If you have a copy of X/Y/AS/OR during the Firstlook Festival (7,8,9 oktober) in Utrecht (which is at the same time as the New York Comic Con) Volcanion codes can be received from the Nintendo stand.
From oktober 10, codes can be received from Bart Smit, Intertoys and ToysXL stores. Till supplies run out.

What I want to know is why the hardback Collector's Edition of the Sun & Moon Strategy Guide has been delayed from release, then to the 25th of November and now is without an official release date (at least over here in the U.K.). Another thing to note is that this completely overpriced Collector's Vault has been doing the rounds on Amazon too.

Rio!

Composer
We have red, bleu and yellow remasterd. So that could mean a sinnoh remake.

Orrr it could be because there's an upcoming release of Pika-villain team plush that are releasing in Japan first. Looking forward to later themes though.

ebevan91

Do we know what day in October the Volcanion event starts in the USA? It just says October 2016 on the event database.

cocomonpetitcoq

Do we know what day in October the Volcanion event starts in the USA? It just says October 2016 on the event database.

As it was said on the main page of Serebii, the dates haven't been revealed yet. You just need to be patient. I personally believe it'll start on Ocotber 1st, but I have no reasons to believe that.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
As it was said on the main page of Serebii, the dates haven't been revealed yet. You just need to be patient. I personally believe it'll start on Ocotber 1st, but I have no reasons to believe that.

I checked my local Gamestop today to make sure they were doing the event. One store didn't know about the event, while a different one told me that, while they have the cards now, the distribution doesn't start until the 10th.

By no means is this an official date, but it is plausible that the higher-ups were given that date in order to distribute them on schedule.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I bought the Rocket 3DS theme. And to my surprise the music is from RB instead of FRLG.

I guess that's better. Anyways I'm ready for the Volcanion event. Whenever that starts.