• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Bowlbasaur

I didn't realize the Magearna event was starting so soon! That's awesome. I'm stoked to finally get Meloetta as well--this makes 100% for my ORAS Dex!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
About the Arceus event a question: I've gotten a serial code for my Alpha Sapphire and redeem it. If I delete the wondercard, can I use this new share serial event? I know the site said you can't get it if you've gotten on the previous event but what if I delete the wonder card?

=================

About the Sun and Moon good sales, I'd say it's had been benefited by Pokémon Go's success.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
About the Arceus event a question: I've gotten a serial code for my Alpha Sapphire and redeem it. If I delete the wondercard, can I use this new share serial event? I know the site said you can't get it if you've gotten on the previous event but what if I delete the wonder card?

In older games, There is a hidden list that prevents you from obtaining Multiple of the same Event. I suspect this list is still present in Generation 6 and 7. The only way to obtain Arceus again is to delete your save game and start again.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
In older games, There is a hidden list that prevents you from obtaining Multiple of the same Event. I suspect this list is still present in Generation 6 and 7. The only way to obtain Arceus again is to delete your save game and start again.

Even that doesn't work. I restarted Y several times and it wouldn't let me obtain a second, even on a new save file.

Xuxuba

Glad to hear!! I think one of the reasons why, is the fact that it's gonna be compatible with the VC versions of the original Red, Blue and Yellow.

I think it's likely due to Pokémon Go's sucess, which even helped the 3ds, ORAS and XY's sales, and also the black friday.

Pokemon Power

Corocoro should leak any day now. Betting there's gonna be a teaser for the next movie in it. Because it's gonna be the 20th movie, I bet the promotion for it is gonna be big.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Another SM Sales Update, Europe:

Nintendo UK confirmed through twitter that the "Pokemon Sun and Moon" has sold over 2.1 million copies in Europe since launching.
In comparison according to the Attack of the Fanboy, the "Pokemon X&Y" game sold 4.3 million copies in its lifetime. The "Pokemon Sun and Moon" surpassed half of that number in just over two weeks since launching. While it seem a trend that Pokemon games give their best selling records during the first few months since launching; the series is also known to maintain steady sales in the market long after it launched.

So that means about 600,000 more copies in around 5 days, since I believe this report will technically cover the first 12 days of release and not the full two weeks.

Additionally, we know from the latest Media Create sales charts in Japan that the games have sold 2,350,337 in Japan as of five days ago - which is slightly lower than the actual total since official numbers always outpace Media Create figures. The actual total, counting the last five days as well, is probably closer to a rough 2.75 million.

Bear in mind that the following number is not official in any way, but from some bored analysis in Excel using all the reports we've got, I'm relatively certain that SM have sold between 9.46 million and 9.94 million to date in NA, SA, Europe, Japan, and Australia combined. I don't know where else they've been released outside those areas but we only have sales reports for those territories. It's unclear which of the various reports we have include digital sales and which don't, so the actual figure could be a little higher. It's worth noting that ORAS didn't hit 10 million globally until the May after their release. X and Y were at 11.6 million sometime in January, so we're well on our way to beating them.

Hopefully the Christmas shopping season gives us a good boost in the various territories in which it's commercially significant, and we wrap up the year crossing X and Y's sales!

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Whenever there's no exciting news to keep me occupied, I get bored. CoroCoro should've leaked by now.

Not really, it's only the end of the 11th (Pacific Time). Anytime tomorrow is more likely. Doesn't really matter, because there's really nothing to expect from CoroCoro right now.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
"ehmergerd u guise Pokeyman Gogh is dieing!!1" Haha, no.

Not really, it's only the end of the 11th (Pacific Time). Anytime tomorrow is more likely. Doesn't really matter, because there's really nothing to expect from CoroCoro right now.

Seeing the mascot legends for sure would be nice.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Pokemon Power

Do you mean Lunala and Solgaleo? What would be the point of that?

One or both of them will star in the next movie, it's guaranteed. Anyways, Pokemon Go got a small update. Now certain Gen. II Pokemon like Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff and Togepi can hatch from eggs.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Of course the Global Mission would be a failure. 100 million pokés is way too much. And not everyone playing is into Festival Plaza.

Hopefully they'll make a more realistic mission next time.

Aetius

Of course the Global Mission would be a failure. 100 million pokés is way too much. And not everyone playing is into Festival Plaza.

Hopefully they'll make a more realistic mission next time.

Yeah, that was my fear and in fact the mission was a complete failure...
I wonder what will become of the Island scan one...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, that was my fear and in fact the mission was a complete failure...
I wonder what will become of the Island scan one...

They'll most likely make a crazy goal like "make 50 million scans". Like everyone is using the feature or care for it.