• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Pokemon Power

I believe it's that time of the month again. CoroCoro should be leaking soon. Hopefully there will be more information for Ultra Sun and Moon. Also, theres a rumor going on that a new Nintendo Direct will be this Wednesday. If it's true, then there's definitely gonna be new info there. My hope, Alolan forms of Generation II Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Remember that these Ash Cap Pikachu events were to honour the anime. They all related to what moveset Ash had on his Pikachu during that generation.

I know that, I'm just saying that moveset is an odd thing to base your choice off of when things aren't really going to be that good to use in battle.

R_N

I believe it's that time of the month again. CoroCoro should be leaking soon. Hopefully there will be more information for Ultra Sun and Moon. Also, theres a rumor going on that a new Nintendo Direct will be this Wednesday. If it's true, then there's definitely gonna be new info there. My hope, Alolan forms of Generation II Pokemon.

new pokemon games aren't usually in the directs. I think the closest during the SM period was...alolan rattata?
so maybe don't get the hopes up too much for the nintendo direct wrt pokemon.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
new pokemon games aren't usually in the directs. I think the closest during the SM period was...alolan rattata?
so maybe don't get the hopes up too much for the nintendo direct wrt pokemon.

So what will the upcoming Nintendo direct be about anyway?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Xenoblade 2, Mario, Fire Emblem Warriors, Skyrim, Metroid, or maybe something we don't even know about.

I'd like an official release date for Skyrim. I have been dreaming about playing it again ever since it was revealed to be coming for the Switch (even though I could be playing it on PlayStation 3 or 4 as we speak).

Edit: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/907242806787403777

Official announcement for Direct on Wednesday. As long as it is, we may get some USUM news after all.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Pretty sure we will - it's 45 mins.

Expecting information on Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, maybe confirmation (again) that a Switch title is worked on and some non - Pokemon stuff (Mario Odyssey, Metroid, etc)

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Ah, so maybe this week won't be a major disappointment after all. Maybe.

Edit: *sees BCVM's post" there goes the small ray of hope I had.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I mostly expect from CoroCoro to reveal something regarding USUM rather than Direct which will probably focus mostly on Switch. But well you never know...

BCVM22

The Direct will almost certainly focus heavily and primarily on upcoming Switch titles with maybe one or two small Pokémon nuggets, rather than the other way around. Keep expectations reasonable based on that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope we get actual SM news this time, like new Pokemon forms and version exclusives. Stuff like that.
Not just more z-moves

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'm not expecting much in terms of Pokémon news. It's not guaranteed we'll even be getting USM news at all.

ebevan91

Even if we don't get anything from Direct, CoroCoro is around the corner as well so we might get something there, at least.

Aetius

Since it's 45 minutes long, I suppose they will be focusing more on the Switch titles that have yet to be published.
Still, some info about USUM could be present, so I'm expecting something.

Tuoko

Yeah, USUM news is a safe bet imo. Especially since they've said they're talking about the 3DS and Switch titles coming in the next few months. Just don't expect a huge boatload of information about it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nintendo Directs rarely feature main series Pokemon news, and when they do, it's usually Pokemon Directs meant to announce new software. We're probably not getting any USUM news out of this Direct.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Yeah, USUM news is a safe bet imo. Especially since they've said they're talking about the 3DS and Switch titles coming in the next few months. Just don't expect a huge boatload of information about it.

I think if anything we'll just get a small trailer maybe showcasing some locations and maybe a new feature or 2.