• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

R_N

Like? What's the latest example?
Pokemon Adventure Camp was trademarked just like Ultra Shiny was, with all 3 of Nintendo ,Creatures Inc & Gamefreak involved

What this turned out to be was a pokemon theme park attraction http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/21/pokmon-adventure-camp-opens

I also believe that similar trademarks wound up being filed, i believe still by all 3 parties because they have to be involved in this, for a western phone children's app.

e: Ah, and a recent title, another Pokemon Rumble game had its trademark with, again, all three parties done earlie this month. Some people think this is for their mobile rumble outing that was still in alpha testing last year, though that's called "PokeLand"

Last edited:

Cyclone

^ where it all began
I was convinced that "Ultra Shiny" would be TCG related, however the TCG always refers to shiny as Shining, not Shiny (as in the "Shining Legend" card series). So it actually probably isn't.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I was convinced that "Ultra Shiny" would be TCG related, however the TCG always refers to shiny as Shining, not Shiny (as in the "Shining Legend" card series). So it actually probably isn't.
You're right. The Japanese versions refer to Shiny as "Different Color" too.

R_N

Well they change the naming a lot, for what it's worth. Started as "Shining" then transitioned to a star symbol then for a long period of time they were just unnamed (usually but not always alternate art) cards (ie: a shiny deoxys card was just...a shiny deoxys, named "Deoxys"), then came back for "Shining" but already the ytransitioned to just normal named pokemon that are shiny.

So if they wanted a special set or whatever titled "ULTRA SHINY" they totally could. Probably to denote a special card stock, holofoil pattern and them being, uh, shiny.
It could, alternatively, have nothing to do with shiny pokemon. Let's turn back the clock to 2013 where this happened
170px-Shiny_Collection_Pack.jpg

Radiant Collection was called "Shiny Collection" in japan, and the theme was
1. being super "cute"
2. having full holofoil treatment on every card
3. an excessive amount of patterns to the cards

see this cinccino for example
431px-CinccinoLegendaryTreasuresRC19.jpg

"Ultra Shiny" could just be another version of this & the Pokeyun Collection, and not even be the final title of the set.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This Plasma Fist attack has to be one of weirdest and most specific move effects there is. I'm not sure I can even understand the logic behind why it does what it does.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Nintendo's quarterly report
Pokémon XY: 16.29 million units, 0.03m quarterly gain
Pokémon ORAS: 14.06 million units, 0.12m quarterly gain
Pokémon SM: 16.10 million units, 0.05m quarterly gain
Pokémon USUM: 7.51 million units, 0.34 quarterly gain

Looks like XY and SM are screeching to a halt, which is not surprising since the generation is over for the former and the latter has USUM cutting its legs off. It looks like SM will stop short of both RS' and XY's numbers. As for USUM, it's gains were pretty sluggish, it's about 0.18m short of Platinum's final numbers and just over a million short of B2W2's. It'll probably surpass Platinum, but depending on the circumstances it could fall short of B2W2.

Also, Pokken DX has surpassed 1 million internationally (Japanese numbers aren't recorded as they're held by TCPi), so that's another 1 million selling spin-off game for the franchise.

Edit: Oh, and Pokémon Switch is still listed as '2018 or later'. It's still not definite, but it does seem there's still some confidence that they can make this year since this would've been a good time to say something and adjust their forecast accordingly.

Last edited:

R_N

This Plasma Fist attack has to be one of weirdest and most specific move effects there is. I'm not sure I can even understand the logic behind why it does what it does.
It's just applying the Electrify effect. Basically he makes you all staticy.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
All Normal type moves that are used after it turn into Electric type moves.

BCVM22

I'm getting really sick of their still saying 2018 or later.

Ignore it, then. The investor meetings aren't Nintendo Directs - they aren't meant to convey anything to us (the rank-and-file fans). We only know about them because it's 2018 and everything is online and available for consumption.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Basically he makes you all staticy.

I suppose that makes sense.

All Normal type moves that are used after it turn into Electric type moves.

Yes, I know that. My post was saying that it was a rather random and specific effect, so obviously I must know what the attack does.

R_N

I suppose that makes sense.

Yes, I know that. My post was saying that it was a rather random and specific effect, so obviously I must know what the attack does.
You should look up most of the gen 6 & 7 new moves, especially the status ones, there's a lot of weird nonsense in there. Electrify/Plasma Fist is one but my personal favorite is rototiller. It will raise the attack & special attack of:
-grass type pokemon only
-who are on the ground
-the entire field, including your opponents
-Despite only effecting one type, only 3 grass types learn it and al lthe rest are rock, ground or normal.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You should look up most of the gen 6 & 7 new moves, especially the status ones, there's a lot of weird nonsense in there. Electrify/Plasma Fist is one but my personal favorite is rototiller. It will raise the attack & special attack of:
-grass type pokemon only
-who are on the ground
-the entire field, including your opponents
-Despite only effecting one type, only 3 grass types learn it and al lthe rest are rock, ground or normal.

I do know about those moves and their weirdness. Admittedly, I had forgotten that Electrify only lasts one turn. I thought it last longer. It was the rest of the turn thing that made me think that Plasma Fist was odd.

kangle4

I'm on the same boat. I hate it when people say its happening this year without taking the 'or later' part into account.
You could say the exact same about people who say it's definitely slipped to 2019 even though the date has remained at 2018 or later.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^I'm pretty obviously considering late 2019 since it was first announced, but you are correct. People who are expecting a fiscal 2018 release have until October to December, as pre-release info periods(besides title announcements and XY's early trailer) tend to last 6 months to 4 months.

So yes, the debate can theoretically continue until the last day of 2018.