• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
When, across any hardware divide, have we ever said "well, this still belongs to the previous generation"? That makes no sense.

There's very little about this rumor that has value, as is inherent to all "rumors," and all of this already constitutes more discussion than rumors warrant, in my estimation. But it would make no sense for us to be handed the first core Pokémon title on the Switch - if that's what this is - with the attendant upgrades and updates to everything and say "hm, no, this still belongs in the previous generation."

I would agree this rumor would have little value if it didn't have multiple sources backing it on top of the registered domains, little hints lending to its existence, and even Serebii reporting on it. This is not something I'd call a run-of-the-mill rumor, this has reason to be considered and discussed and it's completely fair to do both unless future information points to the contrary.

As for your second point, I think it will come down to how people are defining a generation. If someone defines it as a game within a new region, then this rumored game wouldn't be a new generation for them. However, if they defined it as something that cannot connect with the previous set of games and hypothetically this one doesn't, then they may consider this a new generation by that point. With that said, what makes a generation has always been fan-made and whatever this game is may just require us to be more flexible in our definition, we just have to wait and see what's going on with this release.

BCVM22

I mean, they registered the domains for the two games, among other things. I wouldn't say there's little value to the rumour.

The history of the franchise is littered with game titles registered as trademarks and domain names as a matter protecting their IP, and never because they were intended to become actual games.

Grey Wind

The history of the franchise is littered with game titles registered as trademarks and domain names as a matter protecting their IP, and never because they were intended to become actual games.
I know, but there's a difference between trademarking Delta Emerald to go along with ORAS and registering these fairly random, specific titles. Plus the yet-to-be debunked logo, the new Eevee trademark, various credible sources putting their weight behind all this... it's not some random 4chan rumour with zero merit, is all I'm saying.

BCVM22

I know, but there's a difference between trademarking Delta Emerald to go along with ORAS and registering these fairly random, specific titles.

Pokémon Grey
Pokémon Vermillion
Pokémon Purple
Pokémon Crimson
Pokémon Scarlet
Pokémon Amethyst
Pokémon Topaz

Among others. All trademarked. Never used. Hence my original statement.

I, personally, will treat it like any other rumor and pay it no mind until there's something official to it. No one else has to strictly agree with that, everyone can react to whatever they like however they like.

But the great thing about treating rumors as rumors is that you can never strictly be wrong, and more often than not, they fade back to that status.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok, that new manga about Satoshi Tajiri that was mentioned in the news... What's its name? Both translated and on japanese (I want to keep track of the tankohon so I can buy it)

Hmm, I’m not gonna believe the rumour yet, but if by some miracle it is true...

Damn, we’re going back to Kanto a fifth time?! I’m getting sick of it!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ok, that new manga about Satoshi Tajiri that was mentioned in the news... What's its name? Both translated and on japanese (I want to keep track of the tankohon so I can buy it)
It is titled 'Pokémon wo Tsukutta Otoko' which translates as 'The Man Who Created Pokémon'.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hmm, I’m not gonna believe the rumour yet, but if by some miracle it is true...

Damn, we’re going back to Kanto a fifth time?! I’m getting sick of it!

Regardless of if it's true or not, it's been nearly 10 years since we've been there, and nearly 15 years since we've had a game focused on it. It's been longer since we've had a game focused on it than since we last had a game in Sinnoh. I think it's more than overdue for us to return.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Regardless of if it's true or not, it's been nearly 10 years since we've been there, and nearly 15 years since we've had a game focused on it. It's been longer since we've had a game focused on it than since we last had a game in Sinnoh. I think it's more than overdue for us to return.
I refuse to agree with that with all of the fanservice and love letters Kanto has gotten over the last 5 years.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I refuse to agree with that with all of the fanservice and love letters Kanto has gotten over the last 5 years.

And there's a big difference between fan service and actually visiting there. Just because they've been making references to Kanto, doesn't mean that we shouldn't actually go back to Kanto.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's like we never left Kanto, I don't understand how anyone could defend Kanto remakes.
Sinnoh deserves.... no.... NEEDS one before that region gets even more focus. -.-

You don't see Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova Pokemon shoehorned into the new games, explain why it's okay and fair for Kanto to do that? Only casuals/Gen wunners care about Kanto to that extent. Real fans are tired of Kanto and want something new

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's like we never left Kanto, I don't understand how anyone could defend Kanto remakes.
Sinnoh deserves.... no.... NEEDS one before that region gets even more focus. -.-

Care to explain how it's like we've never left Kanto? We've had a smattering of references to it, and sure, they're common, but we haven't even come close to actually going to the region. And trust me, Sinnoh is my favorite region, and I cannot wait until we get remakes for it, but the simple fact of the matter is that it's been longer since the last Kanto games than it's been since the last Sinnoh game. I'm not saying we had to go back to Kanto before Sinnoh, but it was bound to come sooner rather than later. The point of a remake is to update old regions and to let newer fans who never got a chance to play them, and Kanto, having not been the focus of a game since Gen III, deserves this treatment just as much as Hoenn did, and just as much as Sinnoh does.

You don't see Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova Pokemon shoehorned into the new games, explain why it's okay and fair for Kanto to do that?

What exactly do you mean by shoehorned? We do see Pokémon from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova put into the newer games, just as we see Kanto Pokémon. How are the Kanto Pokémon shoehorned, but not the others? It's not like the Kalos Dex was only Kalos and Kanto Pokémon, or the Alola Dex only Alola and Kanto Pokémon. Both contained Pokémon from all regions.

Only casuals/Gen wunners care about Kanto to that extent. Real fans are tired of Kanto and want something new

Are you claiming that I'm not a real fan? For the record, I am certainly not a Gen wunner. Kanto is only my third favorite region, and Red and Blue are my least favorite games in the franchise. And I'm not sure what your definition of a casual is, but given how seriously I take the franchise, I doubt I fall into it. My existence proves your statement to be inaccurate.

Look, I'm sorry you don't like Kanto, and I'm not saying you have to like it. All I'm saying is you're speaking as if returning to Kanto is objectively a bad thing, and that just isn't the case.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
What exactly do you mean by shoehorned? We do see Pokémon from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova put into the newer games, just as we see Kanto Pokémon. How are the Kanto Pokémon shoehorned, but not the others? It's not like the Kalos Dex was only Kalos and Kanto Pokémon, or the Alola Dex only Alola and Kanto Pokémon. Both contained Pokémon from all regions.

To be fair to his point, Kanto did make up the majority of Megas in Kalos, is the only region to have its starters given out during the main story, was the only region to get Alolan forms in Alola, and the distribution of returnees were very lopsided in Kanto's favor in each of those two region's respective dexes (especially Alola, which had around 100 out of 300 Pokémon in the dex, double any other returning region and more then Alola itself).

The other regions do get love, but not all regions are equal in that regard.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
To be fair to his point, Kanto did make up the majority of Megas in Kalos, is the only region to have its starters given out during the main story, was the only region to get Alolan forms in Alola, and the distribution of returnees were very lopsided in Kanto's favor in each of those two region's respective dexes (especially Alola, which had around 100 out of 300 Pokémon in the dex, double any other returning region and more then Alola itself).

The other regions do get love, but not all regions are equal in that regard.

I'll admit that it's a little lopsided, and I won't deny that there is Kanto bias. I just have to question the "we never left Kanto" mentality. If it were only Kanto on everything, then maybe they'd begin to have a point.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I would only be okay with returning to Kanto if it is NOT a remake. I want to see Kanto in the present time. I want to see changes and growth.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I would only be okay with returning to Kanto is it is NOT a remake. I wanted to see Kanto in the present time. I want to see changes and growth.

While I'm personally okay with a remake, I certainly agree that would be a far superior option. especially since Kanto seriously needs to be given an actual plot. I've got my fingers crossed for a plot revolving around Mewtwo.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It is titled 'Pokémon wo Tsukutta Otoko' which translates as 'The Man Who Created Pokémon'.

Thanks.

Do you happen to have the title on japanese characters as well? I tend to use all this form to help me keep track of tankohon releases.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO