• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thanks. I even found it on CD Japan (where it's MUCH cheaper).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks.

Do you happen to have the title on japanese characters as well? I tend to use all this form to help me keep track of tankohon releases.
If you want it in Japanese characters then here you go. It's ポケモンをつくった男

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It's the first region of the Pokemon world that most players visited. So it's very important to the franchise.
I quite agree. Older players are more familiar with the region and its Pokémon than any other generation. It literally kickstarted a worldwide phenomenon not really seen since The Beatles released their first album. Poké Mania waned here and there but the franchise is still going on strong and is probably Nintendo’s second series right after Mario. Zelda is third now because while still popular, it doesn’t have as many licensed merchandise as Pokémon does. Kant deserves all the love it gets because without it, we’d have no Pokémon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
While I'm personally okay with a remake, I certainly agree that would be a far superior option. especially since Kanto seriously needs to be given an actual plot. I've got my fingers crossed for a plot revolving around Mewtwo.

What I would love to see is Kanto post-Ultra Wormhole.

The whole mission in USUM implied that it would be continued, so it would be nice to see how Giovanni handles things in Kanto with his newfound knowledge. Would Red and Blue team up to stop him? Would a new protagonist (us) join them? Which gym leaders are still around? Is Mr. Fuji still alive (or Agatha for that matter)?

I got so many questions. lol

Scammel

What I would love to see is Kanto post-Ultra Wormhole.

The whole mission in USUM implied that it would be continued, so it would be nice to see how Giovanni handles things in Kanto with his newfound knowledge. Would Red and Blue team up to stop him? Would a new protagonist (us) join them? Which gym leaders are still around? Is Mr. Fuji still alive (or Agatha for that matter)?

I got so many questions. lol

That strikes me as putting far too much faith in GF's sense of continuity - reoccurring characters, including Giovanni himself, are little more than cameos 99% of the time. Given the scale and ridiculousness of the Rainbow Rocket story, I don't see any further jumping-off point that wouldn't be a dramatic damp squib.

Akashin

I’d say when SM were released and there were spoilers. Quite a bit was proven to be false including existence of a broken mirror Ghost Pokémon.

I think he was asking when the last time a fake rumor was posted by Joe himself on the main site, not posted on the forums themselves. Of course a fair majority of the rumors that crop up here and there make their way here, real or otherwise, but none of them make their way to the main site, and I'm not sure myself when the last time was that a fake rumor was reported by Joe.

With that said, Joe isn't perfect. I understand entirely why a rumor would seem more credible if Joe himself is pointing it out (I'm guilty of feeling that way myself), but Joe's word in and of itself isn't confirmation of anything.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It's understandable why some people don't like Kanto fanservice. Seeing the same damn thing over and over again gets boring after a while for them, me included. Now I like Kanto more than Johto of course but that's only because I could actually level my Pokemon up in that game (although RBY are still more horribly outdated than GSC imo) but even I vastly prefer all the other regions over it by a long shot. I don't care if it "started it all". I like seeing new things a whole lot more and, assuming all of this comes to fruition, I hope that Kanto gets a massive overhaul rather then having us go to places like Lavender Town that have like four-five buildings or caves that are just full of boring rocks. And personally, that would be kind of lame for a game on the Switch.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That strikes me as putting far too much faith in GF's sense of continuity - reoccurring characters, including Giovanni himself, are little more than cameos 99% of the time. Given the scale and ridiculousness of the Rainbow Rocket story, I don't see any further jumping-off point that wouldn't be a dramatic damp squib.

Normally I would agree with you, but ever since X and Y, Game Freak seems to have embraced the concept of an over-arching plot revolving around the multiverse. because of this, I'm lead to believe that the end of the Rainbow Rocket story might actually have meant something.

Also, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire did have a few random plot points that tied in with X and Y, so, at the very least, a story told across a generation seems feasible. And, if these rumors are true, they imply these new games are still Gen VII.

Scammel

It's true we are seeing a few more cameos and references to other instalments in the series, but they're generally found in the tertiary content. I could foresee a structure where we have a Rainbow Rocket chapter every game, detailing their latest exploits, but it seems that GF want each main storyline to be self-contained, which I appreciate. Anything's game with the Switch though, so I could be wrong.

FWIW, the manga is very good at itching that overarching-world-with-a-consistent-cast scratch.

Pokemon Power

Now there's a follow-up rumor about the rumored Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. It says that only the original 151 Pokemon will be obtainable in-game, like Pokemon Go did during it's first few months. I can understand why, because there are some people who wanna catch the original non-Alolan forms of certain Pokemon without having to get Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter. Personally, if it's true, I hope it's only for the main game like in FireRed and LeafGreen.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Now there's a follow-up rumor about the rumored Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. It says that only the original 151 Pokemon will be obtainable in-game, like Pokemon Go did during it's first few months. I can understand why, because there are some people who wanna catch the original non-Alolan forms of certain Pokemon without having to get Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter. Personally, if it's true, I hope it's only for the main game like in FireRed and LeafGreen.
I absolutely hope that this doesn't happen. I will not buy the game if this was the case.

R_N

this would be the dumbest possible thing they could do with these games so it's probably true

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Don't think that will have the same appeal as in BW as at least all the Pokemon in their regional Pokedex are all new. Doing what the rumour says with the Switch game may make it seem like a big cash grab.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Don't think that will have the same appeal as in BW as at least all the Pokemon in their regional Pokedex are all new. Doing what the rumour says with the Switch game may make it seem like a big cash grab.
And, it will backfire horribly on them. People will be put off by the lack of new content and they won't buy it as a result. It may negatively impact the sales of Pokemon games afterwards and as a result it may bring about the death of the entire Pokemon franchise.

R_N

And, it will backfire horribly on them. People will be put off by the lack of new content and they won't buy it as a result. It may negatively impact the sales of Pokemon games afterwards and as a result it may bring about the death of the entire Pokemon franchise.
or it will sell millions upon millions because people will eat up gen 1 all over again
i've already seen that sentiment all over the place

BCVM22

Ya as little value as there is to discussing rumors as if they have any substance, let's not kid ourselves and pretend "it will backfire horribly on them" and let's especially not be hyperbolic just for fun and pretend there's any chance "it may bring about the death of the entire Pokemon franchise."

That's far, far too much hyperbole just for discussing the latest dust in the wind.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Yeah, just because you don't like it, or even the vocal minority of people don't like it, doesn't mean it's not going to sell well. To most, just having the Pokémon name on it is enough to sell it.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Yeah, just because you don't like it, or even the vocal minority of people don't like it, doesn't mean it's not going to sell well. To most, just having the Pokémon name on it is enough to sell it.

Pretty much, just look at USUM. Highly contested, with many saying it's too similar to SM to be worth the price, yet it's still on the way to being the second best selling third version behind B2W2 (if you count it).