• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Pokemon Power

And, it will backfire horribly on them. People will be put off by the lack of new content and they won't buy it as a result. It may negatively impact the sales of Pokemon games afterwards and as a result it may bring about the death of the entire Pokemon franchise.
I'd buy it. Because it would at least add features from Generations IV-VII to the game.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
And, it will backfire horribly on them. People will be put off by the lack of new content and they won't buy it as a result. It may negatively impact the sales of Pokemon games afterwards and as a result it may bring about the death of the entire Pokemon franchise.

I wouldn't say that.

Less people will buy it, for sure, but Pokémon remains second only to Mario as the biggest selling franchise of all time. It's not going anywhere.

At any rate, I highly doubt this "Let's Go" installment is the core RPG Game Freak is working on at the moment. It is likely a spin-off series being made in addition to the Switch title, and likely being developed by another company. Let's not tangle ourselves up in rumors and hearsay on something that isn't close to being announced.

Pokemon Power

I wouldn't say that.

Less people will buy it, for sure, but Pokémon remains second only to Mario as the biggest selling franchise of all time. It's not going anywhere.

At any rate, I highly doubt this "Let's Go" installment is the core RPG Game Freak is working on at the moment. It is likely a spin-off series being made in addition to the Switch title, and likely being developed by another company. Let's not tangle ourselves up in rumors and hearsay on something that isn't close to being announced.
Good point, I don't think it's real anyway.

I wouldn't say that.

If the rumors are real it's a Yellow remake traditional RPG,so I can't see that.

R_N

I wouldn't say that.

That's one heck of an assumption to make

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
That's one heck of an assumption to make

Not really going by assumption, but by the confirmations made by Masuda.

I hardly think a core series title would bare names like 'Let's Go Pikachu' and 'Let's Go Eevee.' They just sound like they are designed to be something else, as they go completely beyond the usual single-world title for core series installments (i.e. Blue, Silver, Moon, etc.). I know Game Freak is making changes, but I don't think that's one of them.

R_N

Not really going by assumption, but by the confirmations made by Masuda.

I hardly think a core series title would bare names like 'Let's Go Pikachu' and 'Let's Go Eevee.' They just sound like they are designed to be something else, as they go completely beyond the usual single-world title for core series installments (i.e. Blue, Silver, Moon, etc.). I know Game Freak is making changes, but I don't think that's one of them.
Fire Red, Heart Gold, Omega Ruby, Ultra Sun are also all core series installments and "Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu" aren't that much more complex.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Fire Red, Heart Gold, Omega Ruby, Ultra Sun are also all core series installments and "Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu" aren't that much more complex.

True, but they extend from the single-title format, so I considered those the exceptions.

In fact, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver are all billed a single words. It wasn't until ORAS that we actually got two-world titles.

Obviously, I could be wrong, and I'll totally be fime if I am (so long as the games don't suck). I just don't think these titles fit the mold.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
True, but they extend from the single-title format, so I considered those the exceptions.

In fact, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver are all billed a single words. It wasn't until ORAS that we actually got two-world titles.

Obviously, I could be wrong, and I'll totally be fime if I am (so long as the games don't suck). I just don't think these titles fit the mold.
They don't. These titles sound like phrases, and rather childlike ones at that. These titles break every single main series game naming pattern. They honestly sound more like spinoff titles.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Indeed, titles should have been Pocket Monsters Lightning Yellow: Let's Go Pikachu Special Version Director's Cut and Pocket Monsters Pastel Brown: Let's Go Eevee Special Version Director's Cut.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
One thing people need to remember/be aware of, is all the spinoff games have had "Pokémon" in their Japanese titles instead of "Pocket Monsters", which all of the core titles have had. The images with the first "leak" of LGPE also say Pocket Monsters.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah, just because you don't like it, or even the vocal minority of people don't like it, doesn't mean it's not going to sell well. To most, just having the Pokémon name on it is enough to sell it.
Sometimes, not even brand recognition can save a flop. This game will make even more people see Pokemon as a franchise that is stuck in the past and doesn't innovate, which are accusations that the franchise already has under its belt. This may cause future Pokemon games to sell less and less until the franchise dies.

R_N

Sometimes, not even brand recognition can save a flop. This game will make even more people see Pokemon as a franchise that is stuck in the past and doesn't innovate, which are accusations that the franchise already has under its belt. This may cause future Pokemon games to sell less and less until the franchise dies.
orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr none of this will happen

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You are positing that this one game will be SO DISASTROUS it will cause people to stop buying any future games for decades ,causing the series to fail

that is patently absurd and you know it
It may turn even more people against the franchise. The series already gets flak for not innovating. This will make it worse. This is due to some people's rather high expectations for the Switch game. They want the game to be a huge, BOTW-style open world game.

Pokemon Power

It may turn even more people against the franchise. The series already gets flak for not innovating. This will make it worse. This is due to some people's rather high expectations for the Switch game. They want the game to be a huge, BOTW-style open world game.
We don't even know if it's real or not!! Will you please wait until we know for sure to put your opinion on it?