• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Pokemon Adventures - Gold, Silver and Crystal Arc is now officially released DIGITALLY this month!

pokemon_adventures_vol._14_paperback_-_102616008479_280x.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I personally think the GSC arc is where Pokemon Adventures really starts to evolve and takes form into the Pokemon Adventures that most fans are familiar with. Think of it like Pokemon Adventure's "Frieza" or "Chunin Exams" arc, the story arc that a lot of fans together think is the best. There are so many memorable moments, including some references to the Pokemon video games that only hardcore video game fans will recognize, in quick succession that you may end up reading the entire story arc in one day.

For starters and small spoilers, one thing that the Pokemon Adventures GSC arc does a lot differently that most manga sequels in general don't is that Gold, our next hero, takes the baton pass from Red, the previous hero, and instead of just taking it, he breaks it shocking everyone, giving the other piece to the startled Red to share the spotlight. It's also one of the reasons why Pokemon fans often think Pokemon Adventures does fanservice ten times better than the anime, because when old favorites, be it you know them from the video games or the anime, do come back, they come back with a bang as either temporarily their own main character or play a huge role in a story line where the stakes are usually high and man, the fan service in Pokemon Adventures GSC is jaw-droppingly amazing that will leave you puzzled with a big smile on your face while not harming the flow of the story at all, if anything boosts the story further that it would be impossible to name them all here!
Just to give you an idea, there is a Gym Leader Tournament of the Johto Gym Leaders going against the Kanto Gym Leaders and holy crap, I never realized how freaking badass Mr. Mime could be. Yes, this manga will change your mind on how badass Mr. Mime can be! That's how freaking good the GSC arc is! Not only that, this is also the story arc that heavily expands on not only the established lore of Pokemon itself but it's own Adventures lore into new vast territory, such as Prof. Oak being this buff young trainer back in the day who's friends with rival Agatha, of the Elite Four, and Kurt, the Pokeball maker. This isn't some random what-if side story stuff but rather a major backstory to the events that unfold for the GSC story and man, the story of Prof. Oak and his friends as young trainers back in the day is actually very sweet and as you read on, also quite depressing for one particular character who has experienced something that most, if not all, Pokemon Trainers would never want to experience. Something I thought was interesting, is some fans have pointed out that they think this certain character may have served as the inspiration for AZ in Pokemon X and Y as the similarities in backstory are very similar. The Pokemon GSC story arc is a good start for new readers and a massive step for those who started with the RGBY arc. It is amazing, I really recommend you guys check it out.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, what people are expecting to see in Oha Suta in Sunday? Common sense and previous pre-release patterns* suggest it will be the reveal of the new Pokémon/no. 808, but it is also possible that Masuda is planning something else, like maybe a day one DLC reveal for Let's Go games.

*UB: Burst(Blacephalon) and UB: Assembly(Stakataka) were revealed in September 2017 without much information.

Edit: Apparently the two new moves are completely unique, they are not based on former TCG moves or anything. Considering how generic they are though, I'm not too hopeful that they will be in the main games.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Hokkaido just experienced a significant earthquake in the last day, so don’t be surprised if Masuda’s appearance on the show is postponed, as Nintendo just did with their upcoming Direct. Not to say it will, just don’t be surprised if it is.

Pokemon Power

Hokkaido just experienced a significant earthquake in the last day, so don’t be surprised if Masuda’s appearance on the show is postponed, as Nintendo just did with their upcoming Direct. Not to say it will, just don’t be surprised if it is.
Yep, they delayed it. They just confirmed that.

BCVM22

They appear to have confirmed the opposite? That his appearance was pre-recorded and it will go on as scheduled.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Celadon City's Game Corner has shifted to be an arcade
Wow, it only took them a decade to figure this one out.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Overall, the game is clearly a main series Pokémon game, just with a few tweaks to lure in the uninitiated audience. It's not the competitive game so players want but it's at its soul, a true Pokémon game.
Should we like, comment and subscribe?

Also;
As with previous games, each gender option contains four different options of character skin tone.
That's actually nice.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Really liking what they are doing with this title. It's aimed at newcomers to the franchise. And there's some stuff for longtime fans too.

Yeah, I'm hoping that they will provide a bit more optional settings or events for veterans of the series (especially a key system for difficulty like BW2), but it seems like they're really trying to find a happy medium between appealing to new and old audiences, which I really like.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A new Mythical Pokémon has been announced on the Pokémon Youtube Channel. It is called Meltan and it is a Steel-type. It will be in Let's GO Pikachu and Eevee.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Man I wish there was more to it than just pure steel, it's cute though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Man I wish there was more to it than just pure steel, it's cute though.
The only liquid metal at room temperature is mercury so I thought that it could have also been Poison-type because of its toxicity.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
The only liquid metal at room temperature is mercury so I thought that it could have also been Poison-type because of its toxicity.

I am going to miss the name Nutjob.

Still, I wonder what this pokemon has to make it special from the other mythicals, Magearna has the Soul Heart ability, Hoopa has the hoopa ring, Marshadow and his special move, Mew having the ability to learn nearly any move... the list goes on.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I am going to miss the name Nutjob.

Still, I wonder what this pokemon has to make it special from the other mythicals, Magearna has the Soul Heart ability, Hoopa has the hoopa ring, Marshadow and his special move, Mew having the ability to learn nearly any move... the list goes on.
It definitely needs something very unique to stand out from the others. I guess it’ll come with a signature move that involves molten metal.