• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm not sure if this belongs in the News, Go, Let's Go or Anime page.. But I don't recognise Oaks VA, it sounds like it's someone trying to do Oak from the Anime VA, not the Orgins VA.
It definitely sounds like Oak’s VA from the anime. I guess it’s because that voice is more associated with him compared to his Origins voice.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
1421535513.jpg

Apparently some confusion here. Pokemon Adventures Ruby and Sapphire has been released this month in September weeks back HOWEVER it hasn't released on Amazon kindle yet. I assume it's going to be on early October similar to Gold and Silver being released a month later. So I'm looking forward to that. You know what always stood out? Just look at that Groudon! He is just so gosh darn happy and cute. Cute and Groudon, that is something you do not normally put together.

Last edited:

shoz999

I have no clue if someone already mentioned this but tickets are up for sale in US theaters right now, at least mine is anyway.

shoz999

Pokemon Adventures FRLG and Emerald Chapter have been released today digitally on all formats except one. Also coincidentally the Amazon Kindle version for RS has been released BUT the iBook version for the FRLG and E chapters is not available right now. Weird, I know. On a side note, if you are a COMPETITIVE fan of Pokemon, I absolutely recommend you read these two Pokemon chapters, especially Emerald. The FRLG chapter because the Emerald storyline is essentially Part 2 to FRLG's story and the Emerald Chapter because it is a fan letter to classic competitive battling at the Battle Frontier. This is like the closest you are ever going to get to see competitive battling have an adaptation in story form.

On a side note, if you are just a die-hard Pokemon in general I absolutely recommend this. There is so much cool fanservice in both chapters that will make the VIDEO GAME, THE MANGA, and even some ANIME fans glee in excitement. The best part is this fanservice doesn't slow down the plot, it enhances the plot!
1421535572.jpg

1421535602.jpg

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Joe Merrick has discovered that GameFreak has trademarked "Monpoke" for a currently unknown reason.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Joe Merrick has discovered that GameFreak has trademarked "Monpoke" for a currently unknown reason.
At first I thought it was going to be an unused trademark like ‘Pokémon Delta Emerald’ but looking that we’ve got a logo it could have more of a promotional purpose.

shoz999

viz-media-pokemon-adventures-diamond-pearl---platinum-soft-cover-9.jpg

Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl + Platinum Chapters are available for digital pre-orders. Just a heads-up, the Viz site has not updated it's sites for available digital pre-orders so I recommend you go straight to your usual digital seller, like Amazon or Itunes, for the comics. According to Amazon Kindle, Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl + Platinum chapter comes out digitally in Nov. 27th 2018.

In my personal opinion, if you are a huge fan of anime's Ash, Brock, and Misty, you will love the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Chapters. The DPP chapters are a great start for the fans of the anime.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Sadly, Prima Games, who published the official strategy guides for Pokemon (and other Nintendo franchises) is shutting down next year.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Sooo detective pikachu actually looks a bit better than I thought it would! Love how they make pokemon that I would think would be creepy in real life (mr mime and jiggles among a few) actually look cute still in real life. I really really want this animation to stay for future movies. I really didn't think i'd be up for this... like come on, ryan reynolds?... but I think the animation will make up for it!

Also is this the first non-anime pokemon movie??

diakyu

Do we have a place to talk about the movie that isn't this thread?

Nockturne

Those Pokemon designs are a little hit and miss, I kinda wish they'd hadn't gone quite so photo realistic, and just used buffed up versions of the 3D models. Still looks like it could be a fun watch though

BCVM22

Those Pokemon designs are a little hit and miss, I kinda wish they'd hadn't gone quite so photo realistic, and just used buffed up versions of the 3D models. Still looks like it could be a fun watch though

It's definitely going to work out better for the Pokémon who aren't furry or feathered. Pikachu looks a little too much like a piñata. The sunken eyes don't help.

Grey Wind

Detective Pikachu is coming for that best picture win.

On a serious note it actually looks pretty good, I'm excited. Some of the animations look... interesting, though.