• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

diakyu

Cgi does best when the set design and lighting compliments it. Gotta say the set design and dark lighting really goes well for a nice package. Gonna be one of those movies where you have to pause and really look for any easter eggs in the background. Ten bucks says there's some background poster or news reel about some trainer named Ash. There just has to be.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I just realized something. Do we have a discussion thread for this live-action movie?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Detective Pikachu looks creepy in the live action movie. He looks like a rejected Muppet. Mr Mime looks like some demented plastic action figure. The Pokémon don’t look that good as live action models. It seems almost like the people making this film were extremely high on drugs which judging by how bad Mr Mime looks seems very likely.

Xuxuba

It doesn't look that creepy once you get used to it.

Personally, i think a less realistic approach would've been better, like the one seen on the Go trailers, but it is not bad at all imo. And the story seems quite enjoyable so i am definetly going to watch it.

Nockturne

I actually thought Mr Mime was one of the better ones, like BCVM22 said it seems to work best on Pokemon that aren't to textured. That Jigglypuff is reminiscent of what happened to one of my plushies when my mum put it through a spin cycle and the tumble dryer.

shoz999

A lot of things are happening in November. Maybe it should be called the Month of Pokemon. Pokemon Let's Go will soon be released, we finally know who the female protagonist official name is, a movie trailer of Detective Pikachu just came out, the TCG got it's newest expansion Lost Thunder, Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl is releasing digitally in Nov. 27th, the Pokemon Advnetures Sun and Moon arc is nearing it's endgame storyline soon starting with Solgaleo and Lunala's introdcution, the anime is nearing it's Pokemon League storyline soon starting throug Hau I assume... anything I missed?

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I was creeped out by Detective Pikachu’s appearance for the live action film but after seeing the other Pokémon around, it looks a lot better than what I thought. It’s great that it isn’t just Gen 1 Pokémon that gets the live action treatment.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just don’t think the Pokémon look as good as I had hoped. I guess my expectations were different from the end results and I respect people who like how they look. At least the Pokémon don’t look as creepy and serial killer-like like Quilladin. That thing scares me.

Orphalesion

(Strictly personal opinion. I just don't feel like inserting some variation of "in my opinion" into each sentence)

A friend linked me the trailer and...

No offense but judging from that trailer the movie looks like a pile of dog poo. Not even talking about the CGI (which is....very mixed....Greninja and Charizard look alright, Jigglypuff and Bulbasaur look awful) but a wisecracking Pikachu voiced by Deadpool? Jigglypuff singing barflies to sleep? What looks like am umderground fighting ring? Pikachu saying "shove it"? Directed by a guy who's past credentials include directing and co-writing the screenplay to "Shark Tale"?
That's some high level awful.

I mean it's not like I'd be running to watch a Pokemon movie either way but this looks...exceptionally bad...

And even if it doesn't turn out to be extremely awful then it will probably still end up being extremely generic. The Buddy Comedy dynamic. The wisecracking. I can already smell the forced pop-culture references.
....yeah no....:rolleyes:

shoz999

(Strictly personal opinion. I just don't feel like inserting some variation of "in my opinion" into each sentence)

A friend linked me the trailer and...

No offense but judging from that trailer the movie looks like a pile of dog poo. Not even talking about the CGI (which is....very mixed....Greninja and Charizard look alright, Jigglypuff and Bulbasaur look awful) but a wisecracking Pikachu voiced by Deadpool? Jigglypuff singing barflies to sleep? What looks like am umderground fighting ring? Pikachu saying "shove it"? Directed by a guy who's past credentials include directing and co-writing the screenplay to "Shark Tale"?
That's some high level awful.

I mean it's not like I'd be running to watch a Pokemon movie either way but this looks...exceptionally bad...

And even if it doesn't turn out to be extremely awful then it will probably still end up being extremely generic. The Buddy Comedy dynamic. The wisecracking. I can already smell the forced pop-culture references.
....yeah no....:rolleyes:
Actually Jigglypuff was singing at a Coffee Cafe, a reference to Detective Pikachu's love for Coffee. As for the cage fight, I believe that will be the first time Pokemon Fans will see a live-action Pokemon battle with actual trainers giving commands and of course Pikachu revealing that he can't use any attacks like the spinoff itself.

shoz999

SO MUCH POKEMON GOODNESS! So who else thinks November should be called THE MONTH OF POKEMON! This month has been a great time to be a Pokemon fan! Let's see here...
  • Pokemon Let's Go releases this week.
  • Red, Green/Blue and even BLUE/GREEN the female protagonist is coming back.
  • The female protagonist will get her official name from GameFreak. Depending on who you are, you've either been waiting over 10 years... or been waiting over 20 years for this momentous occasion.
  • The Year of Legendary Pokemon for USUM is ending with Lugia and Ho-oh but..
  • From November 9th to November 30th, Pokemon fans who have USUM can get Ash's Pikachu!
  • More like news than goodness (I suppose depending on the fan), Junichi Masuda has announced that Let's Go might be his last game, 8th generation being worked on by a different Game Director.
  • The Lost Thunder Trading Card Game expansion was released this month
  • Detective Pikachu Trailer has released surpassing Toy Story's 8 million views by 23 million views, holy @#$%.
  • Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl is releasing digitally on Nov. 27th!
  • Pokemon Adventures Sun and Moon story arc is nearing it's own Necrozma/Lusamine finale.
  • Pokemon SM anime is nearing it's own Pokemon League finale, introducing Hau for the first time. Also Eevee will join Ash & Co.
  • Super Smash Bros. introduced Incineroar as the newest Pokemon addition to the SSB series.
Anything I missed?

Pokemon Power

SO MUCH POKEMON GOODNESS! So who else thinks November should be called THE MONTH OF POKEMON! This month has been a great time to be a Pokemon fan! Let's see here...
  • Pokemon Let's Go releases this week.
  • Red, Green/Blue and even BLUE/GREEN the female protagonist is coming back.
  • The female protagonist will get her official name from GameFreak. Depending on who you are, you've either been waiting over 10 years... or been waiting over 20 years for this momentous occasion.
  • The Year of Legendary Pokemon for USUM is ending with Lugia and Ho-oh but..
  • From November 9th to November 30th, Pokemon fans who have USUM can get Ash's Pikachu!
  • More like news than goodness (I suppose depending on the fan), Junichi Masuda has announced that Let's Go might be his last game, 8th generation being worked on by a different Game Director.
  • The Lost Thunder Trading Card Game expansion was released this month
  • Detective Pikachu Trailer has released surpassing Toy Story's 8 million views by 23 million views, holy @#$%.
  • Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl is releasing digitally on Nov. 27th!
  • Pokemon Adventures Sun and Moon story arc is nearing it's own Necrozma/Lusamine finale.
  • Pokemon SM anime is nearing it's own Pokemon League finale, introducing Hau for the first time. Also Eevee will join Ash & Co.
  • Super Smash Bros. introduced Incineroar as the newest Pokemon addition to the SSB series.
Anything I missed?
Certain cross-generation evolutions that were introduced in Generation 4 have been added to Pokemon Go.

Orphalesion

So...uh, who else is shocked that tamagochi still exist?
Shouldn't they have been driven to extinction by phone apps that can do all a tamagochi can do, but with better graphics and more convenience?

Also this could mean there might nt be a new Eeveelution in Gen 8.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

How does a random Tamagachi game coming out before Gen VIII imply anything about whether we will or will not get a new evolution of Eevee in Gen VIII?

Pokemon Power

How does a random Tamagachi game coming out before Gen VIII imply anything about whether we will or will not get a new evolution of Eevee in Gen VIII?
It's pretty much a tradition. Every even-numbered generation of Pokemon has introduced at least one new Eeveelution.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Because it said on the toy's label that Eevee can evolve into a brand new undiscovered form.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/21/eevee-tamagotchi-will-launch-on-january-26-2019/

It's pretty much a tradition. Every even-numbered generation of Pokemon has introduced at least one new Eeveelution.

I'd say coincidental only because Eevee debuted on an odd generation, and that can't be said "it's an exception."

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

That has nothing to do with the Tamagotchi.

Because it said on the toy's label that Eevee can evolve into a brand new undiscovered form.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/21/eevee-tamagotchi-will-launch-on-january-26-2019/

It says a new form, not a new evolution. This "new form" is likely the "Team Rocket Eevee," "Ditto Eevee," or some other variant like those, that was mentioned in Serebii's post about the product. Not that I think we won't get a new Eevee evolution, but this is not an indication for or against it.

Also, pretty sure Orphalesion said there would not be a new evolution because of this. I can't really tell, but this was the original post:
I'm assuming the "nt" was a typoed "not."