• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It’s just great that it could have a possible new Eeveelution in the Tamagotchi. I’ve been wondering for a while what it is.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You didn't even imply in your statement that the Tamagotchi was what you were mainly talking about.

You might want to reread my original comment. I did exactly that.
How does a random Tamagachi game coming out before Gen VIII imply anything about whether we will or will not get a new evolution of Eevee in Gen VIII?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It sounded like the main thing you were talking about was the possibility of a new Eeveelution.

I asked how a Tamagotchi has anything to do with a new Eevee evolution. I fail to see why that's so confusing.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is this the first time Tamogachi has used a character that wasn’t their own?
I think it’s the first time a third party character has been used for Tamagotchi. And in this case it’s a Pokémon.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
To the Sinnoh and Pokemon Adventures fans, today on November 27th, Pokemon Adventures - Diamond and Pearl Chapter + Platinum Chapter will be released DIGITALLY sometime today on these devices, with links attached to them.

51lp1kEowpL.jpg
510kQMPgCLL.jpg

Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl Chapter + Platinum Chapter
Welcome to the region of Sinnoh, a somewhat colder region divided by Mt. Coronet. It is here that two young boys who dream of being Pokemon comedians end up being mistaken for the bodyguards of Platinum, the daughter of the wealthy Berlitz Family. Platinum is a young girl who is excited and eager to learn about the world of Pokemon as her two "bodyguards" teach and support her what it means to be a Pokemon trainer. As Platinum challenges the eight Gym Leaders of Sinnoh, they encounter the mysterious Team Galactic whose leader seeks something beyond their imaginations.

So to sum it up. It's newbie-friendly, meaning you don't have to read past story arcs to enjoy this stand-alone story. If your a huge anime fan of Ash & Co, I definitely recommend you check this out as Diamond and Pearl is noted for it's charming action-packed story full of humor, adventure and of course friendship. It is also one of the few story arcs that actually features all three protagonists traveling together as a travelling group throughout the majority of the story. From this, you will see arguably the best character dynamics the Pokemon series has to offer.

Last edited:

shoz999

So I'm not sure if this applies to Poketubers or those who are interested in doing there own Poketuber thing but for those who haven't heard the Nintendo Creators Program is dead. Nintendo just announced they are putting an end to the program soon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I doubt they would break the trend now with the way they're pushing Eevee lately

Not saying they will break the trend, but the only reason they've been pushing Eevee is because of Let's Go Eevee. Once we're past Let's Go's prime, Eevee's probably going to be just as relevant as it was before. Which, of course was pretty relevant, it just won't benefit from Pokémon Company's heavy marketing anymore.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Not saying they will break the trend, but the only reason they've been pushing Eevee is because of Let's Go Eevee. Once we're past Let's Go's prime, Eevee's probably going to be just as relevant as it was before. Which, of course was pretty relevant, it just won't benefit from Pokémon Company's heavy marketing anymore.
I can see them putting a DLC patch that puts in data for a new Eeveelution in Let’s Go. Not only will it make a ton of hype, which means sales, but it will be another one of those hints at the next generation that they always do.

BCVM22

I can see them putting a DLC patch that puts in data for a new Eeveelution in Let’s Go. Not only will it make a ton of hype, which means sales, but it will be another one of those hints at the next generation that they always do.

If there’s a new Eevee evolution coming, they’ll want their hype and sales to be focused on Generation VIII. Zero reason for them to say “you can get this shiny new form for free in a game you already have.” They have a relative minimum to gain by patching it in to LGP/E, and that’s independent of the fact that, among other issues, they probably can’t do that, since they would have to patch in the new evolution means as well. And all of this in a franchise that has never once patched in a new forme or evolution, even when possible.

By the time the Tamageevee is out, Generation VIII’s reveal won’t be far off. There’s no reason they’d backstep and patch it into LGP/E

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

In addition to what BCVM22 said, I think that Game Freak has made it abundantly clear that they have no interest in putting new Pokémon into games via patches and DLC.

And really, how does it make any sense to put a new DLC Eevee evolution in now, after the game releases. Why not have it in the base game? That's what would have gotten people excited.

And then, there's the issue with what purpose a new Eevee evolution would even serve in Let's Go. Eevee is a major Pokémon Let's Go due to it being a starter, but that said starter cannot evolve. It would be counter-intuitive to make a new Eevee evolution in a game who's primary focus on Eevee is on one that can't evolve.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
In addition to what BCVM22 said, I think that Game Freak has made it abundantly clear that they have no interest in putting new Pokémon into games via patches and DLC.

And really, how does it make any sense to put a new DLC Eevee evolution in now, after the game releases. Why not have it in the base game? That's what would have gotten people excited.

And then, there's the issue with what purpose a new Eevee evolution would even serve in Let's Go. Eevee is a major Pokémon Let's Go due to it being a starter, but that said starter cannot evolve. It would be counter-intuitive to make a new Eevee evolution in a game who's primary focus on Eevee is on one that can't evolve.
I see your points and I realize that I was wrong, your arguments make a lot more sense. Thank you for correcting me :)!

shoz999

As a Marvel fanboy once told me when he looked at these pics, this is some Pokemon Infinity War stuff going down here.
uQe2c1E.gif
p9uayGO.png
5Sav2h3.jpg

Anyways, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova fans rejoice! Pokemon Adventures HeartGold & SoulSilver Chapter, Black & White Chapter and Black & White 2 Chapter are available digitally through pre-orders altogether throughout the month of December. However similar to Diamond and Pearl before, as of now the pre-orders seem to be only available at your usual sellers (like Amazon Kindle for example), not ViZ directly themselves.

All three arcs will be released in Dec. 25th, on Christmas.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Seems that the new trend is to release event-only berries a year prior to the end of the generation. In Gen VI, Event berries were released in February 2015. Now, they are released for January 2019 in Gen VII.