1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Well what do you know. As many predicted, tomorrow on Pokemon Day, we're getting a 7-minute Nintendo Direct, which will give us fans a first look at Generation 8! I think we're gonna get the title, plus at least one new Pokemon, maybe Mega Mewtwo Z.

2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I think that we're getting the starters, maybe the box legends, the titles, and some game footage. I don't think that there will be a Mega Mewtwo Z.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. Pokemon Power

You never know. Especially since they've been breaking trends over the last few years.

4. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

It would imply that Kalos is returning in these games, which I doubt.

5. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

This is just like my one reoccurring dream I have except in the dream I'm always watching the newest Pokemon Nintendo Direct and it's the best day of my life before the dream cuts off at the reve- OH MY GOD YES! IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  6. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

This is longer than SM direct(5 minutes), but shorter than XY direct(11 minutes), which suggests we will either see:
    1.A short teaser
    2.Another spin-off related news(Mystery Dungeon? Pokkén DLC?)

Edit: Thumbnail has three Pokéballs, which suggests the starters. So I guess we are getting a short teaser(which would also confirm a good portion of the Regional Dex).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  7. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

To be fair 5 minutes is more than enough to showcase some game footage and the starters, it is just that back in SM they decided to waste those minutes by presenting a lot of concept art and a video of the previous games...

8. shoz999

Really? I like to think of it as brilliant showmanship.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  9. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Really? Personally, i prefer when they show us actual info other than concept art of things that might not appear in the game.

I guess it was a different and unexpected way to advertise things, but if they do the same thing now, it will stop being so.

shoz999 likes this.
  10. shoz999

On a different note, I think most Pokemon games that aren't the main series games are actually announced in the Nintendo Directs like Super Mystery Dungeon or Pokken Tournament.

11. MayTrainer

MayTrainer Demon Buster Trainee

Can't wait!! I'm 99,99% sure that there will be a Gen 8 footage so I hope they will show a lot of thing! (I know that won't show us a lot but... I'm happy anyway! XD)

12. Zipper4242

Zipper4242 Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.

Considering how in their travelogue posts on Instagram, they said “Sinnoh Pokémon confirmed”, I am seriously hoping for Gen 4 remakes or an announcement of a playable Sinnoh in Gen 8 or Let’s Go Bidoof or (highly unlikely but I would just die if they announced it) Sinnoh remakes for 3DS.

13. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

They're not doing Sinnoh remakes on the 3DS since iirc they said that USUM were the final mainline games on that handheld. We're in the Switch days!

14. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

6 AM though? Really? Why are Pokémon Directs always at such horrible times. This is important enough for me that I'll get up early for it, but I absolutely hate getting up that early.

What in the world could possibly give you that idea?

How many times have we been over the fact that you can't use that as an excuse for absolutely everything. You might as well be saying, "Hey, you never know, tomorrow they might announce that they're cancelling Gen VIII, and instead giving us Pokémon Puzzle League 2. You never know, they have been breaking trends." That kind of logic just doesn't hold up to any scrutiny.

They've already confirmed that the games they teased for 2018 is Gen VIII. That's not happening, yet. And yeah, they're done on the 3DS, no need to worry about that.

Dragalge likes this.
  15. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Considering it's a World Wide announcement, someone would have to live in poor time. Gen 6 was 3 hours earlier. The good news, if you miss it, you'll be easily be able to rewatch it. At least for me, I will be on my lunch break, even if I've finished the pudding.

While I believe that they will announce Gen 8, there is nothing to say a side game won't be announced as well. Actually I'm half expecting it.

16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

So are Nintendo Directs, but they're always at a much more reasonable time frame in my time zone (Around 2 PM typically). What makes this any different?

Of course I understand that someone has to get the short end of the stick. It just sucks to be the one.

Honestly, I almost prefer that. At least that gives me a good amount of time to go back to sleep afterwards. With this, I have to get up two hours later, so I just might as well not go back to sleep.

17. Nockturne

Nockturne Well-Known Member

Maybe the odd time is because they want it to fall on Pokemon Day for most people, so they tried to time it for when most of the world is on the 27th. And you could just sleep the extra two hours and watch it when you wake up, you don't what you're missing when your asleep.

Grey Wind likes this.
  18. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

True. I didn't consider that.

Doesn't really work for me, as I have to go straight to class once I wake up. I wouldn't even be getting up that early otherwise. There's no way I could sit through classes having that hanging over my head the entire time. Besides, I like the thrill of watching it live. I may not like it, but I won't pretend like it's not worth getting up early for.

19. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from, and I really want to empathize with you. But I'm having quite a lot of trouble seeing how the end of the stick you're holding is shorter than the people who have the Direct going live right as they start work/school at 9am. Getting up early to watch it before starting our day ain't an option.

20. Pokemon Power

Well, Mewtwo's been popping up a lot lately. Have you noticed?