1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Genos

Genos Sword

And this is why it makes me happy for this app. I literally have to go on the first day of these distributions to get a code. If I go on the 4th or 7th day they'll tell me they ran out of them.

Because of this QR distribution I don't have to go on the first day to scan. I'll take my time to go to Target when I need to get this.

Majespectre and Dragalge like this.
  2. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Well I'm not. I'd much prefer it if they reinstated the Nintendo Zone instead of forcing the extra "app for specific smartphones only"-step in there. Sure Nintendo Zone can break. So can these servers, or this app can glitch out, or they can make mistakes in the geo-locations making certain stores not work, or whatever. With Nintendo Zone they also can't run out, they just give you the code automatically when you take your Switch or 3DS to the store.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

My problem is that I don’t have a smartphone and my iPad could get the app but will I need the internet to run it in the store? Plus an iPad is a bit big to carry into the store especially if you also want to buy a few things and an easy target for thieves.

4. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Another mobile game huh... it feels like new quality spin-off games for consoles are fading out of the series. Or maybe it has become slow for companies to make full-content games, especially for the Switch. I guess it’s still not unreasonable for a new game for Mystery Dungeon or something to come out in the future, but I’m tired of hoping for something to be announced at this point and would be better to just let it go.

Majespectre likes this.
  5. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Is a real Pokémon Rumble game really too much to ask for? I love the series, but only when it's designed as a real game, not a content-light, micro-transaction-filled, artificially padded mobile game.

I suppose it's interesting that this game even exist in the first place. I kind of figured that Pokémon Quest had effectively replaced Rumble.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...emon_is_being_released_in_adorable_plush_form

The Pokemon Fit plush line which previously made plush versions of all the Kanto Pokemon is planning to expand its range to include the Johto Pokemon on the 8th of June (this includes the ! and ? Unown that were technically introduced in Gen 3). It is great seeing “lesser” Johto Pokemon getting plushies though it may be hard to stop yourself going into a buying frenzy for your favourites...

Majespectre and Trainer Yusuf like this.
  7. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

In the games, you have to catch 'em all. With the toys, you have to buy 'em all.

8. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

The first RGB trio of cards is complete! Blue (Rival) is finally getting his very own TCG card and like Green (Fem Protag) & Red, this is Blue's very first appearance in the Pokemon TCG as his own very card! The card is called "Blue's strategy" and according to various sources, when your turn is over, you can draw up to eight cards.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Blue's Strategy, Red's Challenge & Green's Exploration

Majespectre and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  9. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Majespectre, Trey pokes and shoz999 like this.
  10. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

11. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Since it doesn't seem like we are going to see anything new SwSh related at the end of May, it is probably safe to assume the start of main updates after the initial announcement for a given main series game has shifted to June. This is probably because GF now considers the release month(that is, November) to be the final pre-release month as well, as retail sales have been declining, and games have been releasing on late November, meaning there isn't much of an issue of a game leaking after going gold for GameFreak anymore.*

This follows on the start of early movie information about the starring event Pokémon shifting from February to April to now seemingly May(hard to say for M22, since we don't really have an event here, but Armor Mewtwo seems to be analogous due to merchandise).

*The less likely possibility is that release month is shifted to December for SwSh, but I doubt that.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    shoz999 likes this.
  12. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

While I do see Pokémon Home as the Nintendo Switch equivalent to Bank, I can’t help but get the feeling that this is going to replace the main trading feature like the PSS or Festival Plaza since it allows you to trade with people all over world (thought I’m waiting to see if we get more info first since I know it doesn’t explain what they’ll do with WiFi battles).

If this is the case, then this could be a silver lining that Sword & Shield will have more data (or whatever the term is) to include extra features or details.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    MockingJ likes this.
  13. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Happy Holidays! Staff Member Moderator

If it's more cell phone based, then it's not much of a silver lining for people with a lack of space on their phones. That said, if it allows for trade from the 3ds to the Switch then it's not that big a deal.

14. shoz999

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (Left) ORAS Design and (Right) Emerald Design

In Pokemon Adventures, every main character has a birthday! Today is Emerald's birthday, May 31st! Happy Birthday Emerald!

Rahus likes this.
  15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

There is no reason at this early stage to believe Pokémon Home will have any bearing on Sword and Shield’s online trading features. None.

16. shoz999

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (Left) RGB Design and (Right) FRLG Design

Today marks June 1st, Blue's Birthday or for those in the west Green's Birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Blue!

17. shoz999

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (Left) DP Design & (Right) Platinum Design

Today marks June 6th, Pearl's birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Pearl!

18. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

It's a bit odd to see this gen's first Mythical being Mew, but I guess this means it will be part of another regional dex besides Johto/Kanto, finally.

Edit: As of now, only Mega Audino, Mega Lopunny, Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo remain to be added to Pokémon Duel.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  19. shoz999

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    From left to right, Ruby's RS design, Emerald design, 2nd Emerald Design and ORAS design

Today marks July 2nd, Ruby's birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Ruby!

Trey pokes and wolf jani like this.
  20. shoz999

[​IMG][​IMG]
    From left to right, Gold's original GS design and most recently, his HGSS design.

Today marks July 21st, Gold's birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Gold!

wolf jani likes this.