1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

That thing is still running? Wow that’s impressive. I thought it ended right after GS were released.

shoz999 and wolf jani like this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Pokemon Adventures - I hear they don't make Pokemon manga like me anymore. Few get off the ground, even fewer last a really long time. There was one other manga though, one with a talking Clefairy. Lasted over 20 years like me but even older. Very first Pokemon adaptation I believe.
    Pokemon Company - That manga series is ending.
    Pokemon Adventures - What?
    Pokemon Company - Pocket Monsters manga. It's ending soon.
    Pokemon Adventures - Then it's only me...

Hearing that the Pocket Monsters manga is ending soon, couldn't help but think of a certain quote referencing MGSV's Snake and the fading stealth genre as a whole.

mehmeh1 and wolf jani like this.
  3. shoz999

The Pokemon series sure is undergoing a lot of shifts right?

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee would be the last time Junichi Masuda would serve as Game Director, the Pokemon main series games are going to launch on home consoles for the very first time, the Pokedex roster is getting cut for the first time since Gen 3's Ruby & Sapphire, Ash finally won a Pokemon League and the very first and longest running Pokemon adaptation, the Pocket Monsters manga, is finally coming to an end after 23 years.

4. shoz999

Oh yeah. I think I should probably mention this but from what I'm hearing the Pocket Monsters manga apparently pulled a Gintama on everyone. It's continuing lol. As in, it's not ending.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  5. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

I just felt like pointing out this quick pattern:

Red/Green - 1996 | 8 years later | FireRed/LeafGreen - 2004
    Gold/Silver - 1999 | 10 years later | HeartGold/SoulSilver - 2009
    Ruby/Sapphire - 2002 | 12 years later | OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - 2014
    Diamond/Pearl - 2006 | 14 years later..? | 2020?

Probably doesn't mean anything but yeah... there's a pattern going on!

6. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

You left one out.
    FireRed/LeafGreen - 2004 | 14 years later | Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee - 2018

shoz999 likes this.
  7. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

Oh my.... I totally forgot... it fits with the pattern but what would this mean for the DP remakes? 2022?

shoz999 likes this.
  8. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

It doesn't especially mean anything for potential future remakes. Maybe 2022 or whatever sees remakes released, but they would have been positioned for that year entirely independent of how many years had elapsed since their source material.

It is, as you said, not an especially meaningful or predictive pattern, if pattern we insist it be.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  9. shoz999

I've noticed some consistency here. You often step in when the possibility of remakes are announced, any possibility really. So am I to conclude the possibility that you will never ever consider any future remakes unless it is officially announced? As in consistent trends, rumors, pretty much anything really does not matter at all to you. Only what GameFreak announces. And if I am right, your objective here is to pretty much consistently remind people that none of this matters unless GameFreak says so. So for every potential remake thread that happens, your expected to be there and call it pointless? If not the case, then what is the point of such consistent comments?

10. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Keep in mind this thread is for actual news. And this ain't it.

11. shoz999

[​IMG][​IMG]
    From left to right, Platinum's original DP design and her later Pt design.

Today marks October 27th, Platinum's birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Ms. Berlitz!

12. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

Definition of news

a: a report of recent events
    b: previously unknown information
    c: something having a specified influence or effect

13. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yesterday, Pokemon Duel officially shut down, meaning that no one can play it.

NeedsAName likes this.
  14. shoz999

Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield, the 15th chapter of the manga series, will begin on Nov. 21st.

NeedsAName likes this.
  15. shoz999

[​IMG]

Just found this out from @lolipiece , but we finally get to see some sketches of what the protagonists of Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield will look like who are based on the game characters and... hmm. The girl character, Shield. She looks less like an angry scottish lass from the comics and more like... Dawn from the anime lol. I am perfectly fine with that.

16. shoz999

[​IMG]

So this is pretty cool news. @e9310103838 is the first to show this pic here, a clearer look of the protagonists of Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  17. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

So... I tried going to Global link with my Ultra Sun account but the code for Fennel's Munna didn't show up. It's said my game doesn't quality. Haven't tested vanila SM though

18. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Was able to reclaim Fennel's Munna for all three of my Gen 7 games (Sun, Moon and Ultra Sun). Apparently the Munna appears to be natured locked to Mild, soft-resetted my Ultra Sun game a few times and the Munna still had the same nature.

Leonhart likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I had to Google what this was since I hadn't even heard about it before. Apparently it was some sort of mobile game? I guess it must not have been very popular, or perhaps it was simply overshadowed by the release of Pokemon GO and Pokemon Masters.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  20. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

So the main site mentions a book about the new anime series being sold in Pokémon Centers that gives items no SwSh.

Does it reveal the book's name? I'm interested on hunting it via my usual "middle men" stores for all Japan-exclusive releases