• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Rune Knight

I just felt like pointing out this quick pattern:

Red/Green - 1996 | 8 years later | FireRed/LeafGreen - 2004
Gold/Silver - 1999 | 10 years later | HeartGold/SoulSilver - 2009
Ruby/Sapphire - 2002 | 12 years later | OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - 2014
Diamond/Pearl - 2006 | 14 years later..? | 2020?

Probably doesn't mean anything but yeah... there's a pattern going on!

Pokemon Power

I just felt like pointing out this quick pattern:

Red/Green - 1996 | 8 years later | FireRed/LeafGreen - 2004
Gold/Silver - 1999 | 10 years later | HeartGold/SoulSilver - 2009
Ruby/Sapphire - 2002 | 12 years later | OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - 2014
Diamond/Pearl - 2006 | 14 years later..? | 2020?

Probably doesn't mean anything but yeah... there's a pattern going on!
You left one out.
FireRed/LeafGreen - 2004 | 14 years later | Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee - 2018

BCVM22

It doesn't especially mean anything for potential future remakes. Maybe 2022 or whatever sees remakes released, but they would have been positioned for that year entirely independent of how many years had elapsed since their source material.

It is, as you said, not an especially meaningful or predictive pattern, if pattern we insist it be.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It doesn't especially mean anything for potential future remakes.
I've noticed some consistency here. You often step in when the possibility of remakes are announced, any possibility really. So am I to conclude the possibility that you will never ever consider any future remakes unless it is officially announced? As in consistent trends, rumors, pretty much anything really does not matter at all to you. Only what GameFreak announces. And if I am right, your objective here is to pretty much consistently remind people that none of this matters unless GameFreak says so. So for every potential remake thread that happens, your expected to be there and call it pointless? If not the case, then what is the point of such consistent comments?

KillerDraco

Keep in mind this thread is for actual news. And this ain't it.

shoz999

NKh6BB7.png
g7WyZiV.png

From left to right, Platinum's original DP design and her later Pt design.

Today marks October 27th, Platinum's birthday in Pokemon Adventures. Happy Birthday Ms. Berlitz!

shoz999

EJafpIoU4AACQeE.jpg

Just found this out from @lolipiece , but we finally get to see some sketches of what the protagonists of Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield will look like who are based on the game characters and... hmm. The girl character, Shield. She looks less like an angry scottish lass from the comics and more like... Dawn from the anime lol. I am perfectly fine with that.

shoz999

jnxx8LV.jpg

So this is pretty cool news. @e9310103838 is the first to show this pic here, a clearer look of the protagonists of Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So... I tried going to Global link with my Ultra Sun account but the code for Fennel's Munna didn't show up. It's said my game doesn't quality. Haven't tested vanila SM though

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Was able to reclaim Fennel's Munna for all three of my Gen 7 games (Sun, Moon and Ultra Sun). Apparently the Munna appears to be natured locked to Mild, soft-resetted my Ultra Sun game a few times and the Munna still had the same nature.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
Yesterday, Pokemon Duel officially shut down, meaning that no one can play it.

I had to Google what this was since I hadn't even heard about it before. Apparently it was some sort of mobile game? I guess it must not have been very popular, or perhaps it was simply overshadowed by the release of Pokemon GO and Pokemon Masters.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So the main site mentions a book about the new anime series being sold in Pokémon Centers that gives items no SwSh.

Does it reveal the book's name? I'm interested on hunting it via my usual "middle men" stores for all Japan-exclusive releases

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
So the main site mentions a book about the new anime series being sold in Pokémon Centers that gives items no SwSh.

Does it reveal the book's name? I'm interested on hunting it via my usual "middle men" stores for all Japan-exclusive releases
No mention of a name yet but I’m sure it will be revealed very soon.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/12/g...-from-sword-shield-poison-changed-to-darkness

This one is a week old, but apparently in SwSh, Poison has been changed to Darkness.

They were originally Grass, then changed to Psychic in Majestic Dawn and it seems now they are Darkness (Dark-type equivalent in TCG).

It was inevitable that we would see a type change for TCG in this gen, but I didn't expect to be this. I was hoping another case like Dragon, where one of the unused types would become its own thing in TCG. But this works too.

As a minor side note, V-MAX mechanic also includes regular Dynamax Pokémon, though PokéBeach has noted this in their original post.

Regardless, hopefully we will see another unused type introduction in Gen 9 for the TCG like Bug/Ice/Ghost/Flying or Poison. By then it will be the time to do so.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Speaking of unused types in the trading card game, is there an actual reason for why certain types are missing? That's always confused and bothered me.

On a somewhat related note, why do certain types have different names, such as Darkness instead of Dark?