1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Zipper4242

Zipper4242 Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.

New Pokémon direct announced for 1/9 at 6:30 PST, 9:30 EST!

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Nodqfan

Nodqfan Well-Known Member

Has a Direct ever happened this quickly before?

Venomshock likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

This is interesting. Can we really expect a new game announcement this soon after Shield and Sword were released?

4. Zipper4242

Zipper4242 Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.

Not sure if I can post it here because it isn’t really news but my guess is that it will be centered on Pokémon Home and maybe Pokémon Sleep. If we are really lucky we might get an announcement for DP remakes but I doubt it.

Bolt the Cat and Leonhart like this.
  5. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Then we may flood the gates of Serebii with BW remake threads!

Zipper4242 and NeedsAName like this.
  6. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

7. Oh, that's interesting.

I would like a reveal of the next games' title near the end of the direct as well.

wolf jani likes this.
  8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

I hope it's not paid dlc. $60 is expensive enough.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  9. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

If it's paid DLC. I'm quitting pokemon

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  10. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

If it's paid, I'm just hoping it's more of the Pokémon Bank type thing for Home. But yeah, I'm not a fan of them adding DLC like.

11. Smeargle-Sketch

Smeargle-Sketch New Member

More likely the "DLC" is just a Wild Area event update. As in raids for Gigantamax Toxtricity, Gigantamax Melmetal and possible event calendar for the Legendaries and Mythicals that are in the games data already.

For me the direct is most likely just them talking about Home, Sleep, Pokemon Go+ some Wild Area Event updates and the next Detective Pikachu game.

Venomshock and wolf jani like this.
  12. Bguy7

Bguy7 Team Rocket Member, Speaking Officially

I feel like talking about Home could count as talking about Sword and Shield, so that doesn't really mean much. Even if they talk about new stuff for Sword and Shield itself, it very easily could be the next Max Raid Battle event. Don't go making crazy theories about DLC yet.

13. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

I don't think, or rather, I don't want DP remakes or any mainline game to be announced tomorrow, or this year for that matter. GF needs time more than anything

AgentKallus, Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

If that's what the Direct will be about, then I'm not surprised. I knew that it probably wasn't going to be anything major like D/P remakes, because it seems way too soon for that kind of announcement.

15. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Hopefully DLC updates mean improved versions of main series titles are a thing of the past.

I have very...mixed feelings about Mystery Dungeon DX, though. It looks pretty, but if it's only including Pokemon up to gen 3 + their mega evos (Lucario being there isn't necessarily indicative of anything as it was present in the original games as a cameo of sorts already), I'm not sure I'd want to buy the game again just for that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    AgentKallus likes this.
  16. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

It just finished; It was mostly about DLC.. OK, still not really sold on it.. but YES, RETUNING I mean new Pokemon..

Ok, I'll be honest since Heart Gold/Soul Silver, this is first time I've not really gone and beaten the champ within 2 months of release... Mind you I've not got a gym badge yet. Some of the delay was stuff that was happening in November.

EDIT:
    Hopefully. I certainly hope they don't phone the next Third game in.

PMD-DX: It looks like Gen 4's Lucario is playable, who was seen in the GBA/DS game in some form, such as a statue. I don't think he/she was playable back then.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  17. G4Pokefan

G4Pokefan THE AURA IS WITH ME

Funny how Nintendo are doing things they said they would never do. DLC, paid subscriptions and now Expansion passes! Was a lil bit interested in this but not a whole lot. Not really into this Generation. Haven't even gone back to play Sword in over a week. Was hoping for Diamond/Pearl news or even a new Pokken Fighting game but oh well.

- Looks like we'll be getting 3 new legendary birds. Another idea of mine that's now being used.
    - The new fighting type looks decent.
    - Also looks like fans of the Regi Family will be interested in the new form/Pokemon they have showing
    -They're definitely treating this Gigantamax forms like Mega Evolutions. So that's officially dead in the water
    -Does not look like its worth an extra 30 bucks a piece! Not even if both expansions were bundled together! MHW: Iceborne. Now that's worth 30 bucks!! Disappointed in NIntendo/Gamefreak

Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  18. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I'm hyped af for Mystery Dungeon, even if it's just a remake it is nice seeing a proper spin-off and not a mobile game again! It'd be nice if they gave this treatment to two other franchises that have been untouched for years.... *cough* Ranger and the Shadow Pokemon saga. I'd do anything for a Pokemon XD remake!

Leonhart and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  19. Bguy7

Bguy7 Team Rocket Member, Speaking Officially

THEY DID IT! THEY ACTUALLY DID IT! NEW MYSTERY DUNGEON!

Well, sort of. But you know what, I'm fine with this. It means Mystery Dungeon isn't dead, and I'll take it! It also means we'll likely get a remake of Explorer's, which is something I actually wanted. I'm not a giant fan of the art style, but I'll deal with it. Mystery Dungeon is my favorite Pokémon spin-off, if not my favorite Pokémon game, so I am absolutely psyched for it. Hopefully more post-gen III Pokémon get added than just Lucario and Mega Evolutions.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  20. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

The only parts I'm surprised about are:
    *The sheer amount of new content. I was expecting just a few sub-legendaries and a sub-region, but we are getting tons of stuff.
    *The fact that this is going till Autumn and Move Tutors will be here. That makes me wonder a bit, since that even though we know VGC 2021 will focus Nat Dex and VGC 2022 will focus on Mascot Legends like always, the fact that we will be stuck with a single moveset change for rest of the generation is untenable.
    *The fact that instead of two packs, it is one pass with two parts. That's a bit interesting, though apparently that is what they did with BotW so I should be the one who needs to correct himself.
    *A Grass Mascot Legendary. What took them so long?
    Everything else including the Pokémon being able to transfer regularly without paying the DLC are what I suspected will happen.

So:
    *The big question is what changes will occur for older Pokémon regarding BST, Moves, Abilities, and Egg Groups. Base SwoSh was extremely anemic when it came to buffing old Pokémon, so the question is whether will this pass do the same. Stuff like Gigantamax forms and Galarian Forms only really matter in VGCs, not 6 vs. 6.
    *What will be the June reveal then? We should assume the next two datamined Mythicals' in-game code will be available alongside the DLC pack, but only one should be released in 2020. What will happen to 2021 one?
    *Since not all Pokémon are going to be catchable here (even though they should be transferred over if they are clever), there should be another Pass in early 2021, but considering the nature of current missing Pokémon (mostly Sinnoh Regional Dex members besides Legendaries) that would conflict with GF's traditional release schedule as well as current annual releases.
    The only way out of this I can see is another Crystal situation, where DPPt remakes will be in December 2020-March 2021 range (depending on when Crown Tundra releases in Autumn) with the remakes being Switch Pro exclusive. That sounds like a nightmarish situation, but the presence of Megas in MD like in Pokkén strongly suggests that will be the case.

Leonhart likes this.