• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is there any news on whether or not the new MD will function like EOS? Where you could recruit fully evolved pokemon on dungeons as this wasn't a thing in the original Red and Blue MD but given this has megas now it could be possible?

The only news on the game is what we saw in the Direct and in the demo, so no, nothing yet.

My personal guess is that they will clean up many of the more archaic mechanics of Rescue Team and at least bring it up to date with Explorers.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://www.pokebeach.com/2020/01/n...-announced-for-the-ptcg-fairy-pokemon-dropped
This wasn't mentioned due to chaos of the last direct, but apparently Fairy-types will no longer be represented in TCG. Instead, they will be integrated into Psychic-type.

This also means we aren't going to much Fairy-type support in the main games in the future like Fairy-type legendaries.

This also means there won't be a type to get the Dragon-type treatment in Gen 9.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
https://www.pokebeach.com/2020/01/n...-announced-for-the-ptcg-fairy-pokemon-dropped
This wasn't mentioned due to chaos of the last direct, but apparently Fairy-types will no longer be represented in TCG. Instead, they will be integrated into Psychic-type.
That’s some what confusing. I get that the Fairy type is associated with magic but they are better on their own as a unique TCG typing. Why is that there can’t be any extra Pokémon Types in the TGC outside of the original five?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Trainer Yusuf said:

This also means we aren't going to much Fairy-type support in the main games in the future like Fairy-type legendaries.

This also means there won't be a type to get the Dragon-type treatment in Gen 9.

I don't play the TCG much these days, but I find this a little disappointing regardless. I dislike it when they introduce new ideas to the card game, only to drop them a few years later. I honestly liked that Fairy-types had their own color scheme before, so the fact that they'll get bumped down to sharing the Psychic-type TCG typing is somewhat sad.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Wow, that's obnoxious. It's ridiculous enough that there are still types missing in the card game, and now they go and decide to make even less types? How does that make the slightest bit of sense?

How does it mean that in the slighest? This is the card game we're talking about. It has little, if any, bearing on the video games. The lack of Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground, Ghost, and Poison Types in the card game never meant anything to games, so why would the lack of a Fairy-Type mean anything?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Wow, that's obnoxious. It's ridiculous enough that there are still types missing in the card game, and now they go and decide to make even less types? How does that make the slightest bit of sense?

How does it mean that in the slighest? This is the card game we're talking about. It has little, if any, bearing on the video games. The lack of Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground, Ghost, and Poison Types in the card game never meant anything to games, so why would the lack of a Fairy-Type mean anything?
I take it by your response you haven't seen the card game in a while? Dragon and Fairy have their own types in gold and pink colorings in previous iterations. Also poison-types are now under the darkness variant of cards meaning a lot of cards played around poison are going to be synergized with the darkness cards as opposed to previously being the psychic and grass cards.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What in the actual heck?! That makes absolutely no sense.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I take it by your response you haven't seen the card game in a while? Dragon and Fairy have their own types in gold and pink colorings. Also poison-types are now under the darkness variant of cards meaning a lot of cards played around poison are going to be synergized with the darkness cards as opposed to previously being the psychic and grass cards.

I think you misunderstood my post. I know fully well that Dragon and Fairy exist in the card game. That's why I'm annoyed by them removing the Fairy-Type. Can't really be annoyed by them removing something that never existed in the first place, can I? I did mention Dragon as a type that doesn't exist, but I meant that in a historical sense, as the Dragon-Type was no more or less relevant in the games before the introduction of the Dragon-Type in card game. I also know about the Poison-Type change, but I'm not really sure why you brought it up.

shoz999

I think you misunderstood my post. I know fully well that Dragon and Fairy exist in the card game. That's why I'm annoyed by them removing the Fairy-Type. Can't really be annoyed by them removing something that never existed in the first place, can I? I did mention Dragon as a type that doesn't exist, but I meant that in a historical sense, as the Dragon-Type was no more or less relevant in the games before the introduction of the Dragon-Type in card game. I also know about the Poison-Type change, but I'm not really sure why you brought it up.
By your previous comment, it sounded like you were really late to the party. I brought up poison-types because that it is in my opinion the biggest change since many poison-type cards, regardless if it's grass or psychic, often have moves related to the poison ailment which is fairly popular in many TCG metas and will substantially boost the options of darkness cards.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Gigantamax Toxtricity looks interesting. I like that it gets an "actual" guitar when it attacks. Wish that it got one when it was idle as well.

shoz999

Gigantamax Toxtricity looks interesting. I like that it gets an "actual" guitar when it attacks. Wish that it got one when it was idle as well.
I wished that GMAX Toxtricity is the final evolution as opposed to a giant.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
From the video Pokémon Japan posted on their YouTube channel, it seems like Professor Oak will be coming to Pokémon Masters on 2/14

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Apparently Nintendo found the person behind the Sword & Shield leaks (or at least one of them):