• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So apparently a possible reason this got its own video was a marketing agreement with Tencent.

Methinks they should've swapped the videos, then. There'd probably be less anger that way.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So apparently a possible reason this got its own video was a marketing agreement with Tencent.

Methinks they should've swapped the videos, then. There'd probably be less anger that way.
I also think that we won't even be seeing a main series game next year, as Tencent might want the full focus on Unite.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
People seriously thought they're gonna announce a mainline game? How?

Anyway your fault if you're dissappointed now. Next time don't let yourselfe hype up by Poketuber talking some random garbage about hints for Lets Go or Sinnoh remakes.

BCVM22

I also think that we won't even be seeing a main series game next year, as Tencent might want the full focus on Unite.

This game is being positioned as if it’s getting released this year, so that doesn’t hold up. And even if that’s not the case, they would not wave off a core title, which makes everything else run, in favor of a mobile game. Doesn’t matter who is developing it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If this game becomes as comparable to other mobas, this could be a huge hit especially for new fans outside of the main games. A lot of people get bored with the main series games (myself included after a while), but these types of games keep me going. I could see this having a huge niche base with tournaments and everything like the other games. I applaud Pokemon for expanding the games into new genre realms like this.

the main series games just got a DLC, and they have another DLC coming too. Yeesh I am surprised by how many people are disappointed by a game announcement.
I wouldn't mind if they mentioned something else along with this. I was expecting them to mention a few minor updates to their current titles alongside a new side game.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

A Pokemon moba is something I never thought I'd see and yet makes sense somehow. I don't really play those so not for me but there is definitely a market for these games. Anyone who was expecting a main series game was basically asking for disappointment. It makes no sense to announce a new game before the Crown Tundra is out.

BCVM22

Yes, and this game came after Nintendo announced they would be pulling out of the mobile market.

Nintendo announced they were scaling back their mobile efforts. Means they're not going to focus as many resources on Super Mario Mobile or what have you.

As much as Pokémon is a Nintendo property if you filter it up, that announcement wouldn't say anything about a Pokémon title developed entirely by a separate developer (Tencent).

BCVM22

Oddly enough, that never includes Pokémon Go, as if it wasn't a Nintendo mobile game.

Which is very much in the same boat as Unite because Nintendo isn't putting any of their resources into it. Super Mario Run, Mario Kart Tour, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Dragalia Lost, are all either developed and/or published by Nintendo.

That isn't the case with GO or with Unite. That's the key distinction.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oddly enough, that never includes Pokémon Go, as if it wasn't a Nintendo mobile game.
Because it isn't. GO's publisher is Niantic.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I don't think that it will ever happen at this point.

It will. Niantic just takes for ever.

It took two years for them to implement PvP battles in Pokémon GO, despite announcing it before the game even launched. Compatibility will come, eventually.

Which is very much in the same boat as Unite because Nintendo isn't putting any of their resources into it. Super Mario Run, Mario Kart Tour, Fire Emblem Heroes, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Dragalia Lost, are all either developed and/or published by Nintendo.

That isn't the case with GO or with Unite. That's the key distinction.

I mean, Nintendo doesn't put much resources into Pokémon games in general, mostly because TPC limits their inclusion.

Nintendo's only tie to Pokémon is trademark and international publishing.

There would be anger regardless. Pokémon fans have a tendency to be, well, entitled.

It seems a number of players who were fans since they were kids haven't actually grown up yet.

Last edited:

WalesNote

The Unite video thing on the pokemon channel now has over 100k dislikes. Sweet.

On a more positive note, it's always good to see new things coming from pokémom, but they need to be things that are going to hold the interest of fans.

4th Gen remakes, Let's Go Johto, Explorers of Sky remake, Conquest 2, Stadium 3 are all games we would like. So just develop them, simples.

MY OFFICIAL ROADMAP:

2020 - Crown Tundra
2021 - Let's Go Johto, Explorers of Sky remake
2022 - 4th Gen remakes
2023 - Stadium 3, Conquest 2
2024 - 9th Gen

BCVM22

The Unite video thing on the pokemon channel now has over 100k dislikes. Sweet.

Gosh that's terrible. All those people screaming into the void with their thumbs.

but they need to be things that are going to hold the interest of fans.

You have people in this very thread who have said "wow, this IS my preferred genre, I'm excited." And it is a genre that has a massive global following. Who gets to dictate what's going to "hold the interest of fans" and what won't?

4th Gen remakes, Let's Go Johto, Explorers of Sky remake, Conquest 2, Stadium 3 are all games we would like. So just develop them, simples.

The best part is that the developer working on UNITE is not a developer who would be working on any of those games. So you're not being denied any of them for UNITE existing. Simples!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I get some of the disappointment (the healthier kind), but some people are going crazy over this.

This game likely isn't for me, but I'm sure some people would enjoy it.

Also, this is probably going to be huge in China, with it being made by Tencent and being in the MOBA genre.