• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The subdomain sounds the most convincing argument, yet. I am someone who doesn't buy most leaks.. certainly since Rayman.

Personally, I'd just forget about until the 27th Febuary or a trailer if it releases before then..
I don't expect a remake to be announced on Pokemon Day. Only new gens get announced there.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm expecting a massive Crisis Crossover game in the vein of Shattered Grid.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire domain also was pokemonrubysapphire.com. Reasons? Probably to hide the full names.
Omgggg I know its not confirmes but I will have hopes. I want to:)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
...How did Game Freak, who has struggled to jump into 3D environments, manage to even have a working build of a 3D remake while dealing with a freaking pandemic slowing game development down in the span of a year and change?
That's certainly unlikely for me. I don't even expect a main series game release this year, but if there is, I think that it will be much bigger in scope than a remake. Either that or they decided to go back to 2D for some reason.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
...How did Game Freak, who has struggled to jump into 3D environments, manage to even have a working build of a 3D remake while dealing with a freaking pandemic slowing game development down in the span of a year and change?
Exactly. It's why I'm thinking that if it's the case, it'll just be an announcement. Then they'll continue to work on things.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
And they've put the subdomain down. Seems like the Pokemon Company noticed.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
For the recent rumors,

Yes, domain name means DP remakes are coming soon as UltimateNinja stated. And yes, they are almost certainly going to be proper remakes (no Let's Go subbranding).

No, as Riley stated, it is extremely unlikely we will hear news in February. If anything, it will be either just a teaser for remakes (with no in-game footage) or just the titles, though the latter is still unlikely given the spoilery nature of modern title headings.

Even if there is a teaser, we will hear proper news about it in June earliest, and July most likely. Game is unlikely to release to in September to match DP's 15th anniversary.

Edit: THAT said, ninth gen is coming next year earliest, so we might start hearing some fake rumors about that as well.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

As I've mentioned before, Pokémon games take around 3 years to make and are often made simultaneously.

This means by the time the pandemic took hold of Japan, Game Freak would've at least been halfway done with the title.

BCVM22

The recent history of announcements would suggest they like making their core title reveals in February. I’m not certain where the ostensible unlikelihood of that comes from, but as always, the best and smartest thing we can do is ignore rumors, almost all of which are usually fabricated, and look to the last few announcements for guidance as to when the next one will be, while understanding that those aren’t hard and fast rules and that we’re in a period of time where plans can change.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Even if there is a teaser, we will hear proper news about it in June earliest, and July most likely. Game is unlikely to release to in September to match DP's 15th anniversary.
April could also be a possibility for a title drop since that’s what they did for OR/AS

They could’ve started production while working on SWSH or after it was finished, so they would’ve at least had something to start with before the lockdowns started. Plus, Japan has just now entered their second state of emergency, but none of the restrictions I’ve seen seem to keep Game Freak from continuing production, so there’s still a possibility

Bus

Edit: THAT said, ninth gen is coming next year earliest, so we might start hearing some fake rumors about that as well.
They took a lot of flak (moreso than really deserved) about Gen 8. I think....I hope....they take a year longer than normal to develop the 9th generation. make it really special, especially since we'll finally be getting the total over 1,000 pokemon.

I'd imagine they can easily pump out some holdover games to place in the gap until Gen 9 is ready in the meantime. D/P remakes (if real) will be considered a 'big' release for this year and SNAP is loved and fueled by Nostalgia so it''ll be a great seller too.

Toss in at least 2 next year and they can easily make it to 2023 before giving us another mainline Pokemon. Something like 'Pokemon Let's Go, Johto!', 'Pokemon Colosseum/Stadium', and/or new (or sequel) version of Pokken and that can easily be the 2022 slate of Pokemon games.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They took a lot of flak (moreso than really deserved) about Gen 8. I think....I hope....they take a year longer than normal to develop the 9th generation. make it really special, especially since we'll finally be getting the total over 1,000 pokemon.

I'd imagine they can easily pump out some holdover games to place in the gap until Gen 9 is ready in the meantime. D/P remakes (if real) will be considered a 'big' release for this year and SNAP is loved and fueled by Nostalgia so it''ll be a great seller too.

Toss in at least 2 next year and they can easily make it to 2023 before giving us another mainline Pokemon. Something like 'Pokemon Let's Go, Johto!', 'Pokemon Colosseum/Stadium', and/or new (or sequel) version of Pokken and that can easily be the 2022 slate of Pokemon games.
A new Stadium is never happening again.