• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Leonhart

Imagineer
Autobot N said:
For me, the ideal scenario would be DP Remakes this year, Let's Go Johto/gap year in 2022, and Gen 9 in 2023 to give it some time to bake

I personally think that it'd make more sense for 2021 to be the "gap year" due to COVID-19's impact. I figure that if Diamond and Pearl remakes were being worked on last year, Game Freak might've fallen behind schedule. Those are just my thoughts assuming that the remake rumors that were posted before turn out to be untrue.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What I think will happen is DP remakes are released this year (if the rumors are true) followed by dlc in 2022 to add anything that they left out because of the pandemic, like they did with SwSh.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What I think will happen is DP remakes are released this year (if the rumors are true) followed by dlc in 2022 to add anything that they left out because of the pandemic, like they did with SwSh.
That wasn't the case with Sword and Shield's DLC.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Actually it was as those games felt very incomplete prior to the dlcs being released.
It felt like they were rushed given some of the rough edges of the main games. They needed more time. It's why I'm hoping that they take more time with future games in the series given their size and scope now. They aren't like handheld entries.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It felt like they were rushed given some of the rough edges of the main games. They needed more time. It's why I'm hoping that they take more time with future games in the series given their size and scope now. They aren't like handheld entries.
Same, but I have a feeling that this is how they're going to do things from now on since it still seems like they want to do yearly releases, sadly.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Same, but I have a feeling that this is how they're going to do things from now on since it still seems like they want to do yearly releases, sadly.
Yea, and I'm kind of dreading it to be honest. It worked with smaller entries, but any selling aside, the rougher edges of Sword and Shield (leaving the DLC out of it), show that it would benefit from taking more time. People will only put up with so much.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My only wish for these remakes is to be as great as HGSS. But that's just me being very optimistic.

I have fears for some of the Platinum features though, especially the Battle Frontier. But with the disappointment of its absence in ORAS, and with how easier it is to build a competitive team with SWSH, I seriously hope they consider.

TwilightBlade

Excited for possible Sinnoh remakes. I can already anticipate the complaints if the games are more Diamond and Pearl based than Platinum based but oh well I lived through the ORAS criticisms so I can live through that too. :]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My only wish for these remakes is to be as great as HGSS. But that's just me being very optimistic.

I have fears for some of the Platinum features though, especially the Battle Frontier. But with the disappointment of its absence in ORAS, and with how easier it is to build a competitive team with SWSH, I seriously hope they consider.
I certainly have hopes. I love all the remakes they have produced so far

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If they didn't put the Battle Frontier in ORAS, they're not gonna put it in DP Remakes. Heck, we haven't even had more than just a Tower analogue since Gen 5
tbh, Its not such a big deal for me. As long as we have a proper post game with a new area (which we didnt have in Swsh..)

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Stadium itself is obsolete. The main draw of the games back in the day was "Hey, look at your sprites as 3D Models on a console!" and in the case of Battle Revolution, also with online multiplayer. But both of those things are now standard in the games so there wouldn't be a lot of point to it. Colosseum is kind of its own thing with its own story, own special gimmick (i.e., Shadow Pokemon), so while one could say it's possible for it to be remade, it's probably pretty unlikely.

I have heard this argument before and I don't know that it stands up. While anecdotal, I still play Stadium, Stadium 2, and Colosseum, and I have even played them in the last few months more than I've played Sword since release. Their appeal is that 1) You don't have to train pokemon, you just hop on and battle. 2) You can battle with others on the couch/online really smoothly, even if they know nothing about Pokemon. 3) The 3D models have personality and multiple animations. Even the dated N64 graphics for the moves look cool.

People also made a similar argument about Pokemon Snap remakes, saying it'd never happen because you can take photos of 3D Pokemon in GO. Yet here we are.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I have heard this argument before and I don't know that it stands up. While anecdotal, I still play Stadium, Stadium 2, and Colosseum, and I have even played them in the last few months more than I've played Sword since release. Their appeal is that 1) You don't have to train pokemon, you just hop on and battle. 2) You can battle with others on the couch/online really smoothly, even if they know nothing about Pokemon. 3) The 3D models have personality and multiple animations. Even the dated N64 graphics for the moves look cool.

People also made a similar argument about Pokemon Snap remakes, saying it'd never happen because you can take photos of 3D Pokemon in GO. Yet here we are.
Pokemon Stadium being remade would be dumb because you basically had that game remade starting from XY onwards.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
1) You don't have to train pokemon, you just hop on and battle.

Just let you use rental Pokemon, problem solved.

2) You can battle with others on the couch/online really smoothly, even if they know nothing about Pokemon.

How is this different than SwSh?

3) The 3D models have personality and multiple animations. Even the dated N64 graphics for the moves look cool.

They had a lot less 3D models to animate in 1st and 2nd gen. It probably wouldn't look that good with hundreds of Pokemon now.