• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

nickdt

It’s most likely to align with Japanese Standard Time which would make it 12:00 AM on Pokémon Day.

Actually, it would be 12 PM (Since AM doesn't start until 01:00 in the night). AM literally means after Midnight.

Too clarify, it would be 00:00 in Japan.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
What does it mean?
What is his job ?
Masuda hasn't retweeted last Pokemon Presents, because it was not about the mainline game.
Now he just retweeted this, so that might mean we are getting the mainline game's announcement.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Actually, it would be 12 PM (Since AM doesn't start until 01:00 in the night). AM literally means after Midnight.

Oops mistyped. You got the idea regardless lol.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's the 25th anniversary. Why wouldn't they have main game news here? All eyes are on them right now, so now's the perfect time to announce what they have planned for this year. That being said, we may not get much more than a name and logos. Even for new generations, the initial announcement is usually not much and we end up having to wait until May/June for the first details about the game. Since remakes have shorter reveal cycles, they may not even show any footage. I think it's reasonable to expect an announcement, but have to wait a few months for anything more than that.

Bus

Masuda hasn't retweeted last Pokemon Presents, because it was not about the mainline game.
Now he just retweeted this, so that might mean we are getting the mainline game's announcement.
Or a Remake of a mainline game. Seems WAY too early announce Gen 9, even if its only a teaser.

PokeAmi

It's the 25th anniversary. Why wouldn't they have main game news here? All eyes are on them right now, so now's the perfect time to announce what they have planned for this year. That being said, we may not get much more than a name and logos. Even for new generations, the initial announcement is usually not much and we end up having to wait until May/June for the first details about the game. Since remakes have shorter reveal cycles, they may not even show any footage. I think it's reasonable to expect an announcement, but have to wait a few months for anything more than that.
I try to remember how much footage and information we got about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire when they first got announced, but I don't think it was that much from teaser to launch? We got a teaser off Groudon and Kyogre w titles I think and later that animated trailer. Did they even show more about after that before they launched?

The only thing that makes sense to show its a Remake game as the big thing tomorrow...It feels way too early for the next generation atleast.

Rapiido

What? 00:00 is 12AM... AM doesn't start at 01:00... and AM doesn't mean after midnight.

I'm most excited to see people lose their minds over hyping themselves up and getting disappointed when the games they were "promised" or felt they "deserved" aren't announced. If we get Gen 4 remakes or Let's Go Johto, then great! If not, well then we just don't.

The only announcement I'm somewhat expecting is a full dex update (or at least partial update) bringing more Pokemon to Sword and Shield in a patch. Maybe have a 3rd DLC area so that adding these in seems justifiable, even if it's just a "previous inaccessible" portion of the region.

Pie in the sky hope is for a Colosseum remake/remaster with modern day game mechanics.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I try to remember how much footage and information we got about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire when they first got announced, but I don't think it was that much from teaser to launch? We got a teaser off Groudon and Kyogre w titles I think and later that animated trailer. Did they even show more about after that before they launched?

The only thing that makes sense to show its a Remake game as the big thing tomorrow...It feels way too early for the next generation atleast.

The initial announcement was just a name drop, and then a few days later we got a teaser trailer with Groudon/Kyogre rising out of Seafloor Cavern (which everyone complained about because it was nothing substantial, to the point of becoming a meme). We didn't get any actual info on the game until E3.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
What? 00:00 is 12AM... AM doesn't start at 01:00... and AM doesn't mean after midnight.

I'm most excited to see people lose their minds over hyping themselves up and getting disappointed when the games they were "promised" or felt they "deserved" aren't announced. If we get Gen 4 remakes or Let's Go Johto, then great! If not, well then we just don't.

The only announcement I'm somewhat expecting is a full dex update (or at least partial update) bringing more Pokemon to Sword and Shield in a patch. Maybe have a 3rd DLC area so that adding these in seems justifiable, even if it's just a "previous inaccessible" portion of the region.

Pie in the sky hope is for a Colosseum remake/remaster with modern day game mechanics.
A Colosseum remake would be pretty cool; I'd also be happy with them adding the last 200 or so mons to Sw/Sh. I'm a little afraid that the Pokemon Presents is going to be details about either Pokemon Unite or Pokemon Sleep; neither of which do I intend on playing. I do hope for DP remakes, but it's not a sure thing and GameFreak is famously bad at "reading the room," so to speak when it comes to determining what fans want...

BCVM22

GameFreak is famously bad at "reading the room," so to speak when it comes to determining what fans want...

That they don’t take marching orders from the fanbase’s every mismatched whine— sorry, whim doesn’t mean they’re “bad at reading the room.” It means they’re a development studio who on rarest occasion will look at fan sentiment and then rightly discard it as they work on the project that’s been planned, budgeted, approved, and otherwise threads the needle as required by numerous development, logistical, and financial factors that often all pull in different directions

It’s not a call-in radio show, their mandate isn’t to base their operations on what the fans think they want or what the fans think would work. If that were the case, Pokémon would have ended after every prior generation including Generation I.

Be assured that Game Freak is probably very good at “reading the room,” they just don’t (can’t) allow it to be the driving force, nor should they.