• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The point is, that's two completely separate origins for Mega Evolution. If Game Freak wants to tie Dynamax into the Gen 4 legendaries, they're gonna do it
I think we’ll get a form of Primal Dialga and a Primal Palkia in a new type of form change similar to Eternamax except not having as extremely high stats and we can use it only once in battle and it is still time limited.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just wishful thinking but I'd love a new Mystery Dungeon. Bonus points if it has all the starters from at least Kalos - Galar so I can finally get my Chespin + Scorbunny duo.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Honestly, I don't want Dynamax to be included.

Gen 4's theme is evolution, hence why Gen 4 is bombarded with cross-gen evos. Professor Rowan's primary field of study is also Pokemon evolution. I can understand Megas being included since it can easily tie in with the theme, but to include Dynamax is really pushing it.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
That they don’t take marching orders from the fanbase’s every mismatched whine— sorry, whim doesn’t mean they’re “bad at reading the room.” It means they’re a development studio who on rarest occasion will look at fan sentiment and then rightly discard it as they work on the project that’s been planned, budgeted, approved, and otherwise threads the needle as required by numerous development, logistical, and financial factors that often all pull in different directions

It’s not a call-in radio show, their mandate isn’t to base their operations on what the fans think they want or what the fans think would work. If that were the case, Pokémon would have ended after every prior generation including Generation I.

Be assured that Game Freak is probably very good at “reading the room,” they just don’t (can’t) allow it to be the driving force, nor should they.

I agree that neither GameFreak nor any company for that matter should take direct orders from the fan base. However, it doesn't hurt a company to take what the fans want into consideration either; especially given the fact that they don't make games for free. There is something to be said for giving the customer what they want. Now, should that translate into the fans ruling the roost? No, you're absolutely right when you say that GF can't be concerned with every winge of the fanbase, but it's equally unwise to completely ignore fan wishes as well.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Gen 4's theme is evolution, hence why Gen 4 is bombarded with cross-gen evos. Professor Rowan's primary field of study is also Pokemon evolution. I can understand Megas being included since it can easily tie in with the theme, but to include Dynamax is really pushing it.
I mean, tbf whenever a new gimmick arrives, the gimmick tends to stay no matter what even in remakes until the next Gen arrives around 1-2 years later. So I'm practically expecting Dynamax to be in the remakes, assuming they're going to be real.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Plus Sycamore used to study under Rowan

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast

Did HG/SS have Mega Evolution? (I never played that one) If it did then all the remakes up to this point have had Megas, which would give me hope for any potential DP remakes to have it as well. Though I sort of expect Dynamax...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Did HG/SS have Mega Evolution? (I never played that one) If it did then all the remakes up to this point have had Megas, which would give me hope for any potential DP remakes to have it as well. Though I sort of expect Dynamax...
Mega evolution was introduced in Gen 6. HGSS was released in Gen 4.

Dynamax is expected. I'm just here wishing that it won't.

TyranatarGojira

Lucas and Dawn are not customizable avatars. They are already established characters and I don't think that they would allow the player to change their designs too radically.
They are established characters with more than one outfit. They wore winter clothes in Platinum. Their clothes have already been changed, long ago. Giving you the ability to get different outfits, even if it's full outfits, not mix and match, is not pushing them away from what they've already done. And I prefer Dawn's Platinum outfit, so I'd like to be able to put it on.
At the very least, I'm pretty confident that they're not going to revive Mega Evolution in the potential D/P remakes. I'm fairly sure we won't see Mega Evolution become an in-game feature again until X/Y are remade, which will be over a decade from now most likely.
Good grief I hope not. That would be a couple of gens of throwing gimmicks that will just have us going "Why the heck can't they bring back Megas" every time. And my Shiny Mawile is doomed to virtual uslessness.

Also considering how side games are very much willing to use Megas, and Go put them in, they are still on the minds of someone, and there's still a lot of people who like them.

Besides you don't need to make jumbo sized merch to have it feel the right size.
That's even IF we reach that point. 10 years is a long time...at least 2 more Pokemon mainline games if the 3-4 development cycle holds consistently. I know its a cash cow, but if the next game causes a division as big as Sword & Shield did, Gamefreak may not have the chance to get far enough to consider a Gen 6 remake.

I love the Pokemon games, but I don't expect this series to last forever. There's going to be an end to the game series eventually.
Well despite our complaints, SWSH sold over twenty million copies... It's going to take a lot more to genuinly damage the franchise it seems.

I would have liked at least a little ding to get Game Freak to do some things differently, but I guess not.
They will probably give Gigantamax forms to the Sinnoh starters, Lucario, Garchomp, and some of the aces of the Gym leaders. Like with Zacian and Zamazenta the creation trio might be incapable of it
I'm sure they'll give the Creation Trio something. They gave Giritina a new form back in Platinum after all, Kyurem new forms for B2W2, and Primal Reversion in ORAS. I imagine it will be like Primal Reversion, something mechanically similer, but also different.

The thing is, Megas are honestly much easier to fit into a region than Dynamax. Quite litirally, since you know, giant sized. Dynamax is always going to be limited by requiring a lot of space, so there's going to have to be huge wide open areas in Galactic's bases for example. It's also really tied to Galar, but they can figure some way around that if they want to, I suppose. For megas, you just need the keystone and the mega stone. And it turns out at least one Pokemon, Rayquaza had a form naturally from before the ancient weapon. For Dynamax you need a Wishing Stone, ambient Galar Particles, and Eternatus to give off both of them. I suppose you could always say another Eternatus crashed in a different region, or someone figured out how to snythesize it or something... But you might as well just say that about Megas.

Is it just me, or are they really not future proofing the generational gimmicks?

Eh, maybe we'll learn something tomorrow. I gotta go beat up Pikachu.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I feel like, given the date of this announcement in Japan, there will be one main series announcement.
What it is, we'll have to wait and see, which won't be for long.

I'm also not guaranteeing the announcement, so don't look at me if I'm wrong.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Expecting Sinnoh remakes. Way to many hints for that to happem. Also a short trailer with Masuda and Ohmori saying something about the region and starters afterwards like Sword&Shield's reveal.

After that there's gonna be a news drought until June with some news bits here and there. Revealing remakes that soon is already pretty unusual.

PsychoLogical

I'm just gonna be quite frank here, I don't give a damn about if they'll include Mega Evolution, Dynamax, downgrade some crap, simplify crap or do whatever. All I actually care about is what they'll do about the mythicals. All event exclusive, one of them unencounterable due to the required item never being distributed. But what now. Do they do that again and this time actually distribute that certain item? Or do they just drop all of that and do something like ORAS's Delta Episode but with 3 episodes.

TyranatarGojira

Dynamax is expected. I'm just here wishing that it won't.
The fact Dynamax seems to have come at the expense of Megas is probably about 50% of my dislike for it.
After that there's gonna be a news drought until June with some news bits here and there. Revealing remakes that soon is already pretty unusual.
It's the twenty fifth anneversery, so that's gonna affect things.

Another thing that might be evidence of Sinnoh remakes is that there seems to be more merchendise putting the Sinnoh starters on stuff with the Kanto Starters, and the Galar starters. Because no one at game freak loves you Johto Starters.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
HGSS was made before any sort of burst mechanic existed, ORAS and LGPE are the only remakes that were made when they started introducing burst mechanics and both had Megas. So the first 2 have had nothing while the latter 2 had Megas. It's too early to establish any sort of pattern about which one they'll have.

I'm just gonna be quite frank here, I don't give a damn about if they'll include Mega Evolution, Dynamax, downgrade some crap, simplify crap or do whatever. All I actually care about is what they'll do about the mythicals. All event exclusive, one of them unencounterable due to the required item never being distributed. But what now. Do they do that again and this time actually distribute that certain item? Or do they just drop all of that and do something like ORAS's Delta Episode.

Delta Episode post game arc might be one route, but I have somewhat of a wild idea as far as mythicals. Perhaps the remakes could get DLC packs with short story arcs for the mythicals? Pretty much all of the mythicals besides Manaphy (but they can work Manaphy in some way as well) are deeply ingrained in the story so it'd be disappointing not to see them obtainable in game in some way, but it's a bit much to expect all of that at release. Maybe they release DLC packs that take the place of old events and expand on them? If they can throw in some more elaborately designed areas with new Pokemon and/or some other goodies, that'd be just gravy.

Fairies Flame

I will say this. Dynamax would mean that they have to redesign most of the region and mythical lore in order to make that gimmick work. And I don't want that because that heavily changes the entire story and map of Sinnoh that we already know. Megas make more sense as it ties more into the story and characters such as Rowan and Cynthia.

Autobot N

HGSS was made before any sort of burst mechanic existed, ORAS and LGPE are the only remakes that were made when they started introducing burst mechanics and both had Megas. So the first 2 have had nothing while the latter 2 had Megas. It's too early to establish any sort of pattern about which one they'll have.

Delta Episode post game arc might be one route, but I have somewhat of a wild idea as far as mythicals. Perhaps the remakes could get DLC packs with short story arcs for the mythicals? Pretty much all of the mythicals besides Manaphy (but they can work Manaphy in some way as well) are deeply ingrained in the story so it'd be disappointing not to see them obtainable in game in some way, but it's a bit much to expect all of that at release. Maybe they release DLC packs that take the place of old events and expand on them? If they can throw in some more elaborately designed areas with new Pokemon and/or some other goodies, that'd be just gravy.
One thing I thought of that could be pretty neat is if you could get the Manapy Egg in New Pokemon Snap and transfer it to the main games (like Ranger back in the day). Probably wouldn't happen though.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Dynamax can appear in the Underground in Raids or dynamax adventures or in a few redesigned areas that transformed into smaller versions of the wild area like the Great Marsh and give it lore when the Giratina episode happens since I can imagine Giratina to be part of the dynamax backstory while Dialga and Palkia get a new kind of dynamax.

That's imo the best way to handle it.

PsychoLogical

Dynamax can appear in the Underground in Raids or dynamax adventures or in a few redesigned areas that transformed into smaller versions of the wild area like the Great Marsh and give it lore when the Giratina episode happens since I can imagine Giratina to be part of the dynamax backstory while Dialga and Palkia get a new kind of dynamax.

That's imo the best way to handle it.
Sounds reasonable. Although it's just a question of how the remakes are going to be handled and also if they're going to put in DLCs.