• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
You say drastic change to town layouts, but what drastic changes would be needed? A clothing store would be it. Put a clothing store in one of the many doorless buildings that Sinnoh had in nearly every town and you'll be fine. They could make the Pokemarts clothing stores and move the actual item buying to the Pokemon Center like it has been in all non remakes since gen 5. Also, we've seen Game Freak drastically change town layouts before with Mauville. That argument doesn't really hold water.
Or just put a clothing store at the Veilstone Department Store, the biggest mart in Sinnoh.

Litleonid

Things I've noticed...

Masuda and Ohmori retweeted the June 17th Pokemon Presents, though not the June 24th Pokemon Presents. Both retweeted the upcoming Pokemon Presents.

Nintendo retweeted the June 17th Pokemon Presents, though hasn't retweeted either the June 24th or upcoming Pokemon Presents.

Masuda and Ohmori hyping this up tells me we might have a significant announcement, but it worries me that Nintendo hasn't retweeted the announcement.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Take this with a massive amount of salt because apparently, a very credible leaker, Reddit user u/PracticalBrush12, has described what the remake is:

Hey guys, so the remakes are in wierd chibi 3D, battles are just same as SwSh. Brilliant D and Shining P, this year, developed by ILCA not GF. Why? Because they are working on another game! It's... Open world. In "feudal" sinnoh. Year 2022 early for release.
That's not much but it's honest work. Brushie!

ILCA worked on games such as Nier Automata and Dragon Quest 11.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/comments/lsssby/stroke_é_man/

Here's a compilation of his past leaks: [CLICK]

He also leaked "wolf legendaries, roaming Pokemon between starter town and city, giantification" when SWSH was announced.

I don't know what to feel about this, assuming he's right.

Last edited:

Autobot N

The nostalgic attachment to Lucas/Dawn is only there for people who played the original.
Well there you have it. People who have nostalgia for the originals (such as myself) want to see Lucas and Dawn specifically because of nostalgia.

Take this with a massive amount of salt because apparently, a very credible leaker, Reddit user u/PracticalBrush12, has described what the remake is:

Hey guys, so the remakes are in wierd chibi 3D, battles are just same as SwSh. Brilliant D and Shining P, this year, developed by ILCA not GF. Why? Because they are working on another game! It's... Open world. In "feudal" sinnoh. Year 2022 early for release.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/comments/lsssby/stroke_é_man/

He also leaked "wolf legendaries, roaming Pokemon between starter town and city, giantification" when SWSH was announced.

PageEmperor

I have recently gained the ability to forsee into the future thanks to constant studying, and alas forsore into the direct later today. Jeezus... sorry fellas. No damn gen4 remakes to be seen... hopefully they’ll just reveal them later in the year.

LordSerperior

Well there you have it. People who have nostalgia for the originals (such as myself) want to see Lucas and Dawn specifically because of nostalgia.
I don't know why you'd quote only part of my post when I addressed your point. Anyway, customisation wouldn't take away from your experience as it is optional. You can still play as Lucas and Dawn. It just gives the option to other people who don't want to. Personally it's not going to make the difference between buying or not buying the game for me but I just think it's a step backward and not for a good enough reason.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Omg please no. I would rather not remaked AT ALL.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'd save my judgment until I've seen the whole presentation. But personally, I like this. To each his own I guess.

Romaíos

Cannot see the photo for some reason. What was it?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh I doubt it’s real tbh lulz.

Aidoneus

Looks great, like GF are taking a real step forward for the franchise.

Let’s wait and see what the D/P remakes look like, but I’m feeling pretty positive. With a bit of luck, moving a B-tier main series game will work out well on several levels.