• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Romaíos

Take this with a massive amount of salt because apparently, a very credible leaker, Reddit user u/PracticalBrush12, has described what the remake is:

Hey guys, so the remakes are in wierd chibi 3D, battles are just same as SwSh. Brilliant D and Shining P, this year, developed by ILCA not GF. Why? Because they are working on another game! It's... Open world. In "feudal" sinnoh. Year 2022 early for release.
That's not much but it's honest work. Brushie!

ILCA worked on games such as Nier Automata and Dragon Quest 11.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/comments/lsssby/stroke_é_man/

Here's a compilation of his past leaks: [CLICK]

He also leaked "wolf legendaries, roaming Pokemon between starter town and city, giantification" when SWSH was announced.

I don't know what to feel about this, assuming he's right.
Man this is disappointing if true

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Pokemon was fine for 20 years with the concept of regions, I dont want open world or something of that sort.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well, there's less than 3 hours left. Denial and disappointment expected.

Personally, I like this constant change to formula. Pokemon has gotten pretty stale.

janejane6178

Well, there's less than 3 hours left. Denial and disappointment expected.

Personally, I like constant change to formula.
Why destroy something good? Seriously about to cry. I loved the traditional remakes so much.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't know why this 2022 game had to be set in Sinnoh. The concept would suit Johto or Kalos far more.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Why destroy something good? Seriously about to cry. I loved the traditional remakes so much.
We have not even seen said remake. Your judgment is based off on the little information we got, that is not even 100% certain.

Autobot N

The leak said that a traditional remake is coming too. And besides, I agree with the others, Pokemon needs a shake up. It's been the exact same thing for 25 years.

janejane6178

We have not even seen said remake. Your judgment is based off on the little information we got, that is not even 100% certain.
But its not remake if its set in another area. and its not even GF game, they made all the main line games!!!! Its like a spin off game now. Crying

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The leak said that a traditional remake is coming too. And besides, I agree with the others, Pokemon needs a shake up. It's been the exact same thing for 25 years.
Except the changes could be so overwhelming that veteran fans are driven away.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't know why this 2022 game had to be set in Sinnoh. The concept would suit Johto or Kalos far more.
Sinnoh is Japan too, you know.
But its not remake if its set in another area. and its not even GF game, they made all the main line games!!!! Its like a spin off game now. Crying
Both games are core titles.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I guess feudal Sinnoh is some kind of multiplayer focused game for 2022 and the remakes for this year. I just hope it's not chibi and uses the same engine as SwSh.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't consider BDSP main series titles due to Game Freak not making them. Also, that is a rather unfortunate abbreviation.
I believe GF is still the main developer. The ILCA worked on graphics. But I could be wrong.

Again, we have not seen the presentation yet. It's like saying the food sucks when it's not even cooked yet.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm actually really intrigued about the idea of a Pokemon game set in the past. I know we kind of already had that with Pokemon... Conquest, was it? But something more in-line with mainstream Pokemon games while still being noticeably different (perhaps catching mechanics could be replaced with ways to befriend Pokemon to get them to follow you, as Poke Balls haven't been invented yet) has the potential to be a great breath of fresh air for the franchise.

Chibi DPPt remakes on the other hand? Uh... Well I'd probably still play them, even if that isn't exactly how I'd go about doing them...

janejane6178

Looks great, like GF are taking a real step forward for the franchise.

Let’s wait and see what the D/P remakes look like, but I’m feeling pretty positive. With a bit of luck, moving a B-tier main series game will work out well on several levels.
I dont understand, the video showed DP remakes didnt it? Not other game..

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
I guess feudal Sinnoh is some kind of multiplayer focused game for 2022 and the remakes for this year. I just hope it's not chibi and uses the same engine as SwSh.
Ah so we could be getting 'normal' remakes this year and then this Chibi open world thing next year too? Double Sinnoh! Unless I've misunderstood. I'll reserve complete judgment until the presents.

janejane6178

The vid shows the open world game set in Sinnoh, "Pokemon Legends" or something. That is not the remake.
I dont understand, we are having two games set in Sinnoh? One is the open world and one is remake?