• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

LordSerperior

If these rumors end up being true, I'm gonna pretty excited for the future of the franchise. I'd like to see them to take more risks with the franchise. My only gripe would be the fact that both rumoured games are set in Sinnoh. If we're getting traditional remakes, I'd have preferred the other one to be set in Johto or Unova (the other regions that haven't yet gotten the 3D treatment)

If these end up being false then well nothing was lost but I'd hope they do something like this in the future anyway.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
How many consecutive pages have you spent on hyperbolic concern trolling like “this could be the end of Poké Balls”?
I can't see Legends as anything other than a testing ground for new features to be included in Gen 9.

BCVM22

I can't see Legends as anything other than a testing ground for new features to be included in Gen 9.

Word for word, this is exactly what people tried to say after LGP/E but before Sword and Shield, despite how nonsensical that was. “Starter Pokémon will be gone! Wild battles will be gone! They’ll only include Pokémon from a single region!”

Everything always happens for the first time ever, every time. There’s no learning from precedent, ever.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Declaring a game to be the death of the franchise an hour and a half before it’s revealed has to be some kind of record, even for the Pokemon community.

The sky isn‘t falling.
I don't consider it death. I consider it rebirth. It's basically the beginning of a brand new Pokemon franchise, with many old concepts like the Pokedex, paired versions, Poke Balls, etc. being dropped and the series embracing its new feudal Japan aesthetic.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But there’s no evidence for any of this.
I do think that they might do it if Legends of Arceus proves to be successful, and with accusations that the franchise is stale GF might think that the best course of action is to completely change the series' very identity and aesthetics.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
How many comments am I going to see about the same person spouting the same atrociously ridiculous nonsense like the end of pokeballs or whatever gibberish that I now keep seeing. None of that is going to happen. It's as ridiculous as saying the Earth is Flat.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that 2023 will be a gap year where GF will decide based on sales and fan feedback what direction the series should go.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Keep it in your mind, DP Remake and Legends are not the same games.
We only saw Legends gameplay but we haven't seen DP Remake's gameplay yet. We just saw DP Remake's Chinese logos.

We just saw, with leaked images/video:
-DP Remake's Logo, coming in this year.
-Legends: Arceus's Logo and Gameplay, coming in 2022.
-Both games take place in Sinnoh.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Saying it right now. If the leaks are true then this would the revolution everybody asked for. An open world region similiar to BotW. I am not expecting that much from feudal Sinnoh yet but if this is how gen 9 is going to look like then it's pretty exciting though the power scaling would be difficult.

Also expecting the new gen in 2023. The first four year gen since the fourth. Maybe even a five years gen if they go full BotW for gen 9.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Saying it right now. If the leaks are true then this would the revolution everybody asked for. An open world region similiar to BotW. I am not expecting that much from feudal Sinnoh yet but if this is how gen 9 is going to look like then it's pretty exciting though the power scaling would be difficult.

Also expecting the new gen in 2023. The first four year gen since the fourth. Maybe even a five years gen if they go full BotW for gen 9.
It's been a long while since we had a 4 year so I'm all for it.

Aidoneus

Maybe even longer. I can’t see GameFreak cranking out two open world games in back-to-back years, unless they have a lot of outside help, like Monolith & BOTW.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I think that Gen 8 will go down as the very first five year gen.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I

I didnt ask for revolution, and Open world like botw feels too empty to me.