• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Golden_Arcanine

There's a difference between criticism and petty whining over minor things like artstyle which for the record is the one of the most pathetic things to complain about.
I mean, graphics are a pretty good chunk of the games' value. I mean, can you honestly say the graphics are even close to SwSh? It's closer to SM/USUM than SwSh for me, and I don't think it's even close. You want to see natural progression. Going from RBY to GSC you saw an improvement. Then you saw GSC to RSE, etc. I'm not sure how you look at that and say they improved on SwSh.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
After 3000 years, I can finally say that Sinnoh is confirmed. I understand why people are upset with the graphics but honestly I don’t care since it’s going to be such a nostalgic time for me to play remakes of my first game ever. I’ve been wanting this since ORAS was announced and I got what I wanted. Only concern is if they’ll include the Platinum content.

As for Arceus Legends, I like it. I personally never got the whole open world Pokémon thing but this looks great. The character designs for the PCs are great as well. I wonder if this is considered a mainline game.

Overall I’m really satisfied with these announcements. I’ve enjoyed most of what Pokémon has put out but I haven’t been this excited since SM were announced.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
If you worry about battle style, don't worry about it. Just look at this.

4.jpg
HOLY CRAP THAT IS BEAUTIFUL
i wish it was February of next year already

SoHowAreYou

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl regressed in terms of 3D graphics. I hope they update the textures on some of the models. On the other hand I like the graphics in terms of animation and having a style. I have said that I thought that the graphics in SwSh looked too bland. I'm going to wait for more details on what will happen in the games before I pass judgement. If they are just literally rereleases of D&P then I'll skip it, but it's too early to say.

lgm3000

Some thoughts on the games, broken down by category:

1. DP remakes
- Overall: seems ok. They're experimenting with different things (mostly dealing with criticisms for SWSH) so props to them.
- Third party developers: they're allowing other developers to do main series games. Personally I see this as a step in the right direction, since Gamefreak's developers are under-skilled for a game in 2021 - imagine Monolith Soft being in charge of the next remake, maybe we'll get the first pokemon rpg since 2013 that does not frame drop.
- Graphics & art design: looks really shitty atm, but it would be surprising if the clips we've seen in the announcement are final footage - they still have a couple months to tune the shading & coloring. Chibi shouldn't be too concerning, it looks bad now bc graphics are below average - but even if it is just plain bad, on the grand scale of things chibi should be a very trivial concern: if the story, graphics, combat & system are all top-notch, would you really care about your over-game avatar feeling off, right?
- Remakes or remaster: not enough info yet, they've shown us nothing. Maybe we'll get a lot of new content, maybe its just the same 2007 game with 2013 graphics. Who knows.

2. Legends
- Overall: amazing story & idea, very hyped.. cant wait to start exploring. hope they actually can execute the idea well
- Graphics & art design: art is top notch as always, but the graphics still feel subpar - as of expected from GF. Good news is that they have 1 whole year to tune & make it better; however,
- Performance: Unless they butcher the system/graphics further, I do not see this game being released on the Switch while running above 10 fps.

Aidoneus

I think that Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn will not get Legends games, as I believe that they will only come out a year after the gen gets a traditional remake, and they already had one.
You have no reason or basis to think this. There is one data point that is still a year or more away from release. You might as well say there will never be another Pokemon Legends game, because they only release in 2022.

You seem to consistently jump to the most negative possible conclusion.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
It's really interesting how people react to features not being shown immediately and listed for them to nitpick about.

I remember the good old days where it was nearly the end of summer and we still didn't know what the freaking starters were going to be.

DannyDark

"We can't make an open world game that has lots of assets on the map.."
"It's okay, we'll just set it in the past, it'll be a historically accurate featureless plain."

I'm joking, but it'd be a 900 IQ play from GameFreak ;)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The very same people contorting themselves to claim BD/SP are not “real remakes” (...) will be the same people popping up in the speculation threads with every update all summer to tell you how disappointed they are and they will also be the same people popping up in the release threads to tell you they’ve purchased the game and they’re disappointed.

These are the same people who were “disappointed” with Sword/Shield and are now “disappointed” that the latest games don’t resemble them.
That’s what I was talking about. I’m happy with whatever art style GF decides to use in any game as long as it’s still a game you can buy. Mario Maker sort of went backwards in terms of graphics so that you could create your own Mario level and no one complains about that.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been seeing some complaining that's a bit much. It's one thing to be disappointed and another to rain on others parades. Ease up on it a bit. Thanks.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't know, gen 6 chibis were cute especially shauna and serena. These look like a hodgepodge of 3D and 2D.
The hodgebodge is the Gen 6 ones where inconsistency showed throughout their look. BDSP is clean and consistent with the chibi model all around.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
DP remakes look fine. It reminds me of the Yokai Gakuen (Yokai Watch) game. Funny how Pokémon is yet once again taking a note from it. But I like it.

Only issue is that Dawn and Lucas should have gotten new outfits.

As for Legends, it looks quite good.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I actually really like the looks of the D/P remakes. They're really trying to make the games look like they originally were, but in this new style. I think the games looks charming for what they are. I'm sort of upset that there won't be any trainer customization, but then again those weren't in the original games so it's not a big deal.

As for the Arceus game it looks really interesting and really amazing too. I'm sort of disappointed that we didn't get more gameplay footage. Though they can't reveal everything they have up their sleeve and once now can they? It is something to look forward to.