• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Ascended Dialga

There's more information on the Pokémon website. They're going to be fully-connected open-world games, and the starters' names are Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly. The latter point leads to me to believe that the new region is based on a Spanish-speaking country like Mexico or Spain.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There's more information on the Pokémon website. They're going to be fully-connected open-world games, and the starters' names are Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly. The latter point leads to me to believe that the new region is based on a Spanish-speaking country like Mexico or Spain.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/
A lot of people are saying that the region is based on Spain.

Marzbar

Okay crazy prediction: They go Water/Grass, Fire/Water and Grass/Fire for the final starters

Duck pirate gets a wooden sword arm and a peg leg

Fire water amphibian Komodo dragon looking thing

Cat starter is a Fire Grass sabre tooth cat who eats chilli peppers and is called Jalapurrno

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Fuecoco is a Fire crocodile, so it seems probably won't become a snake and indeed lays to rest the zodiac theory. My biggest hopes are that it looks awesome in its final stage and is on all fours. We don't need a Fire version of Krookodile and Feraligatr.

Also, if it hasn't been noted yet, one can presume all the Legends Arceus forms and new pokemon will be available as they show Hisuian Zoroark in the preview.

Golden_Arcanine

The content isn't what eats up the development time, it's the graphics and the size and scale of the world. And SwSh and LA have both raised the bar on that, so SV might break them. I could easily see this game ending up a Sonic 06-esque mess.
That's because that's what you want to see.

Golden_Arcanine

Okay crazy prediction: They go Water/Grass, Fire/Water and Grass/Fire for the final starters

Duck pirate gets a wooden sword arm and a peg leg

Fire water amphibian Komodo dragon looking thing

Cat starter is a Fire Grass sabre tooth cat who eats chilli peppers and is called Jalapurrno
I would chalk that as crazy. Don't think we're going to get cross types with another starter. Probably Water/Flying, Fire/Dragon, and Gass/Dark or something along those lines.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
And something tells me I'll be learning a lot about Spanish pronunciations in this gen. Not certain how to say any of these new names.

The official art of the player characters looks better, so I hope they can tweak their in-game look to match them a bit more.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I am at a loss as to what the duckling could become though. I doubt it will stay a duck, the final form of a starter always has to be something that gives a stronger, more epic or more beautiful feel. Not to disparage ducks, some can be very beautiful, but it still seems like it will need to become some kind of more "epic" waterfowl. Maybe a heron egret.

Xuxuba

Wait, that's literally the sagrada familia cathedral in the middle of town. Like i knew it was similar, but it's literally copy-pasted lmao

edit: you can see park güell aswell. Yeah there is no way this is anything but Barcelona, there is godo architeture everywhere.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

I told you all the 9th gen was coming. Looks like a certain idiot has an apology to make.
Probably could have gone without the name calling.

MrJechgo

I am at a loss as to what the duckling could become though. I doubt it will stay a duck, the final form of a starter always has to be something that gives a stronger, more epic or more beautiful feel. Not to disparage ducks, some can be very beautiful, but it still seems like it will need to become some kind of more "epic" waterfowl. Maybe a heron egret.
How about an Albatross sailor ;) ?

Those birds aren't good at flying, especially landing XD but a Water/Fighting albatross sailor/pirate would be nice ^_^

I think they meant it's hard to tell what sort of animal the Fire starter is supposed to be. Reptilian sure, but beyond that it's hard to say. Could follow the Snivy route though and become some kind of snake.
Exactly!

Ok, fine, if it's a fully-evolved crocodile, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, especially if it's a decent Starter (praying for Fire/Ground). It's too soon to tell what are the creatures. I mentioned an Albatross as the final Water Starter (mostly to NOT be Swanna, Pelliper or even Cramorant 2.0), but it can go in any direction. Dude, with the Spain-inspired region, it can even become a flamingo. Sprigatito can be a lynx or panther, but if it's Grass/Dark, I'll take it ^_^

We don't know... and even if Fuecoco evolved into a crocodile, that one could even possess draconic traits (like the Komodo Dragon), to finally have a "proper" Dragon starter :p

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
To wrap things up, would've liked the announcement if it happened next year.

It's just super weird to have gen 9 just mere 10 months after Legends. For how ambitioned Legends was supposed to be, it felt like they want to rush out game after game. Three games within a year sounds terrible. Looking at how good BDSP and Legends sell, it's also a dumb decision to release it this year already. From a marketing as well as from a productional standpoint, it really doesn't make much sense.

Orphalesion

^Scarlet and Violet are both colours associated with royalty.

Waitwaitwai....is this real?

This is awesome. Not sure what I think of the starters just yet, I'll need to see the final evolution, though at least a fire crocodile could finally disprove the whole "fire starter zodiac" theory. The duckling kinda looks like Donald Duck with its blue head. Well, I hope the grass cat evolves into something cool. Though the fire crocodile looks a bit adorably dopey, so maybe, if it evolves into something that's not too aggressive looking...

Also...we are totally in Spain, at least the map we see kinda looks like the Iberian peninsula (where Spain is located) Plus that "palace" thing with the pokeball between the towers looks like that Basílica de la Sagrada Família curch in Barcelone.
And it would work with the cold, rainy swamp area we seen, since the northern part of Spain is considerably colder and rainier than the sunny south.

And I love the names. I've wanted a purple pokemon game for so long, so it's nice to finally have one! I also like that we have returned to colours, really.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Purely by looking at Quaxly's feet, I think it becomes a Blue Footed Booby, a relative of the gannet found on the Galapagos Islands and the coastal waters of South and Central America.