• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Bulbagarden is full of elitist retards. Everybody thinks they speak Japanese there

And I too saw Sunyshore's post on BMGf about the owls eye being lopsided, could have also been the angle the photo was taken at.

Like I said, it's all still up in the air. I've seen claims stating that the text is not fake, but actually correct. I know just as well as anyone else. That being said, every pokemon forum has its fair share of "elitist retards."

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Like I said, it's all still up in the air. I've seen claims stating that the text is not fake, but actually correct. I know just as well as anyone else.

No... sunyshore and Sabonea Masukippa both said that the Japanese is wrong. Case closed.

Beeblebrox

There seems to be some disagreement about the accuracy of the Japanese in the battle scan. Lots of people who all speak Japanese disagreeing on it.

Some of the reasons are definitely people scrabbling for proof, though. There's no noticeable lack of quality around the sprites in the clock tower, and the owl's eye is not lopsided.

Really don't think we can call it one way or another.

If this is fake, a new standard has been set.

TerraWolf

Banned
Like I said, it's all still up in the air. I've seen claims stating that the text is not fake, but actually correct. I know just as well as anyone else. That being said, every pokemon forum has its fair share of "elitist retards."

Bulbagarden has their own share, about half of the community

btw, has anyone any news from the guy on 2ch?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
There's no way that 6th gen Pokemon are being released now. FAKE.
I wouldn't call them Generation VI. More like... Generation V I/II.

The new Pokemon were most likely referring to the event legends. Genasect does not officially exist yet, and niether did Keldeo or Meloetta until a few weeks ago. They can't introduce new Pokemon that aren't in B/W's coding.

Actually, it's not that unlikely. For all we know, all these alternate forms we've been getting in third versions past could have been leading up to something. GameFreak's way of testing the notion of new stuff in same-generation games. They could be using forms to build up to completely new Pokemon.

As for the images, I can't say if they're fake or not, mainly because I don't know a lick of Japanese. I will say, however, that I wouldn't be surprised if that image of the Grass-type cactus owl (which I will henceforth refer to as Cactavia) was drawn by Sugimori. If these are fakes, they're extremely well-done.

BGP_

well, if this is fake, these are some damn good fakes. Had this been for Black and White where it'd be more believable to have new pokemon, i would've probably fallen for them at first, but something just keeps telling me new pokemon, while an interesting idea for gamefreak to break the mold, just isn't something they'd risk doing.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
But one of my friends, who's Japanese, said the text isn't incorrect :/
There seems to be some disagreement about the accuracy of the Japanese in the battle scan. Lots of people who all speak Japanese disagreeing on it.

I don't speak Japanese, but apparently that's because the missing character is easy to go unnoticed if you read quickly, like "of" in English.

www.seriouslybro?.com

Come on now. No one actually believes these are real, do they?

Not anymore, now that we know the Japanese is wrong. But before that, they sure looked real. That guy copied Sugimori's style perfectly.

R_N

I enjoy that the spriter & artist didn't seem to agree since the owl has a fair few differences in there and the supposed art

My post was bottomed but I want to bring it up again
Almost everything about the owl shown in the battle differs from the owl's art.

Beeblebrox

Yeah, these are clearly wrong.

What an utterly stupid thing to sink such an ambitious fake.

There's gonna be some very disappointed people here on Wednesday- Friday, that's for damn sure.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
www.seriouslybro?.com

Come on now. No one actually believes these are real, do they?
I'm not saying I believe they're real, but I'm not ruling it out, either.

No... sunyshore and Sabonea Masukippa both said that the Japanese is wrong. Case closed.

Sabonea Masukippa said that the Japanese checks out. Which means it's not wrong.

EDIT: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!