1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Nov 27, 2008.

1. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Ya, i hope the mods are not so evil ! or maybe it's just their job to stop flame wars.

2. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

Pokemon Yellow on the 3ds would be cool but unlikely... The word "new" doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that it's a remake. Look at HGSS for example GF expanded on many things in the game so that it would be up to date with PDPt and added new features such as the Pokemon following you thing to the point where it was almost a new game alltogether.

3. iGotNoiPad

iGotNoiPad Well-Known Member

Half of me wants it to be R/S remakes while the other half wants Gen 6 and a very very very small part of me wants it to be something not worth our attention.1 more hour left!(If we are lucky).

4. G50

G50 No longer posting

We have an official time!

UK Nintendo Direct 11am

5. adamfitz

adamfitz poké-lover

How many hour does anybody know?

6. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

"Welcome to Pokémon Direct
    Pokémon Direct is coming soon! Make sure you tune in for this short Pokémon presentation by Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. Check back here on Tuesday January 8th at 11 a.m. (UK time) to watch the broadcast live!"

While it's not certain this is the time (as it could be announced before this) this could be the time. But Nintendo President making the announcement?! This sounds soo much bigger than a new generation honestly...

7. SprSncConzor

SprSncConzor Well-Known Member

Yep! Nintendo's Facebook has confirmed it too! First Nintendo Direct of the year and it's Pokemon!!

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo

(Also remember, nothing DS has ever been announced on a Nintendo Direct, so it's definitely something 3DS!!!)

8. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Great you people get a direct. What about NA?! I want Reggie dang nabbit!

9. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

We will open a dedicated sub-forum for whatever that game will be. Since it is speculation period, it will be in heavy and strict moderation as always.

10. spyroflame0487

spyroflame0487 Kind of a big deal

Just in case no one saw, Nintendo posted this on their facebook page a few minutes ago:

"Join Nintendo fans around the world tomorrow for the first Nintendo Direct of 2013 at 6 AM EST! Mr. Iwata will be sharing a short message with news about Pokémon to viewers around the globe."

So, announcement is at 6AM EST tomorrow, and Iwata is going to be talking about it? Wonder what exactly that could spell for the series?

11. G50

G50 No longer posting

Nintendo's official site broadcasts all countries' Nintendo Direct broadcasts, regardless of where you're from.

12. Manene!

Manene! Well-Known Member

Ask yourselves, would they really make this big of a deal out of the old games coming to the eShop? I'm not saying it won't happen, but I really don't think it'd be the main focus of the announcement. It might be part of the announcement, GameFreak could be previewing where the Pokemon franchise is headed in 2013, but I don't think they'd hype that up as much as they are.

There's pretty much only one thing that would be hyped up this much: a new generation. Given the information we know, it just makes sense. Mystery merchandise, being told the Pokemon world will "evolve" in 2013.

13. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

I swear I was creeped out by this but once I read the Pokemon Direct announcement, The Final Countdown began playing on Pandora on my Iphone LMAO

14. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

isn't it jan 7th in us ? why hasn't the us poke site updated ? it still says 2 days. i smell something fishy >= )

Edit - A direct by iwata ! OOO this is BIG. its bigger than gen 6 imo

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  15. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

Guys, this is gen 6. Backing by both Nintendo and Gamefreak.

16. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

Oh god I hate time differances... sorry to ask, but how many hours would that be until it starts? ^^"

17. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

I couldn't be more excited. Just wondering what was the last "important" announcement by GF? That could give us some clues.

18. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

www.timeanddate.com

Figure it out.

19. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

It's around 21 hours from now^^.

Can't beleive it's going to be while I'm at school. Have to try and get it on my Phone! Sadly I will miss the first rush of speculation with everyone! Whatever it is!

20. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

@ebevan
    That confuses me even more, but, thank you~

@s2daam
    21 hours?! Dammit, not until tomorrow. :( Oh well.

EDIT: and the Direct will only be 10 minutes long? Why? D: