• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Found it! or maybe another one, after the release of bw2 in Japan, hmmm you got to be thinking the main team is already working on the next game, here is what he had to say:

"There are definitely good aspects to both 3D and 2D. For example if you look at the Pokémon on the package you can really see how cool it looks as a 2D illustration and in the games, for the Pokémon characters, one of the reasons we use sprites, at least currently, is because we like to have more of a comical, kind of look like an animation, this kind of visual style is what we want to do for the Pokémon games. If we were able to take that style we have now and have it translate into 3D with no problems; that is definitely something we would be into. However, it’s not just about the visual appearance either. The feeling and the control of the character is also very important to us. There is definitely a certain feeling you have when you control these 2D characters. It may be different if we switched over to 3D."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...alks-pok-233-mon-s-first-numbered-sequel.aspx

See, they may not be going into full 3D for overworld, but this doesn't rule out battles.

but I like the direction and the visual style that Masuda is seeking :} hope they nailed it this time.

Hmm, then they might want to take a couple examples from Marvelous (MarvelousAQL) if that's the case. As Rune Factory 4 is very anime-like and done in a better definition than seen in sprites, but I think that's because it was cel-shaded, I don't exactly remember the specs much.

Ausgirl

You're not an older fan? Anyways, I was really directing that post to any of the older ones anyway, and I am pretty sure a large amount of them have sold their old games, it was more like a little playing-around comment, kinda like where in an anime a character gets all laughing about their friend's misfortune of doing something and regretting it later. Like Touma and the money-eating machine in TAMnO (To Aru Majutsu no Index.)

Yes but I skipped gen 3 and had a hard time finding the games. There's only six Gametraders stores in my state and maybe 20 throughout all of Australia. A few years ago I thought it was an American store only since I found the closest one near me purely by accident.

But like I said, these days almost a decade after their original release, it's becomming harder to come across original games. I couldn't even order them in because they're so rare. Most people would have traded them in years and years ago and the ones who still have them don't want to trade them in.

It's even harder trying to find a pair of those games from the same region which is neccessary for trading.

How many hours left?

6 hours and 35 minutes left for me.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Hmm, then they might want to take a couple examples from Marvelous (MarvelousAQL) if that's the case.

There is no doubt in my mind that somewhere, someone in charge is having this exact thought at this exact second. "We've developed the games that make up the core of one of the most successful franchises in this medium, ever. The next, best course of action for us would clearly to be to start taking a couple examples from an obscure American developer."

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
6 and a half. Go to sleep :)

Go to sleep??!!! I plan to pull an all-nighter Sherry XD jk, but I am planning to stay up all night because if I go to sleep, I'll actually miss it as I tend to wake up late, and I'd rather be there when it's initially done.

BGP_

Honestly for the new art direction, i dont know how this looks in 3d but a few people on my chat said they wouldn't mind a direction similar to harmoknight or whatever it's called exactly, and I can't say i disagree with them, it would be interesting and wouldn't fully eliminate the charm masuda worries about.

dman_dustin

Found it! or maybe another one, after the release of bw2 in Japan, hmmm you got to be thinking the main team is already working on the next game, here is what he had to say:

"There are definitely good aspects to both 3D and 2D. For example if you look at the Pokémon on the package you can really see how cool it looks as a 2D illustration and in the games, for the Pokémon characters, one of the reasons we use sprites, at least currently, is because we like to have more of a comical, kind of look like an animation, this kind of visual style is what we want to do for the Pokémon games. If we were able to take that style we have now and have it translate into 3D with no problems; that is definitely something we would be into. However, it’s not just about the visual appearance either. The feeling and the control of the character is also very important to us. There is definitely a certain feeling you have when you control these 2D characters. It may be different if we switched over to 3D."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...alks-pok-233-mon-s-first-numbered-sequel.aspx

See, they may not be going into full 3D for overworld, but this doesn't rule out battles.

but I like the direction and the visual style that Masuda is seeking :} hope they nailed it this time.

I don't know, the reason why I like Super Mario 64, or Zelda: Ocarina of time, back in the days of N64, was because it had 360` motion as well 3 dimensional models. And when Ocarina of time was remastered onto the 3DS, it really did set up a nice future precedence on how nice Zelda games will look on the 3DS (none of that horrible Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass graphics, sure maybe it was impressive graphics on a DS, but thank god the 3DS is so much better).

With Pokémon I don't know if I really like the overworld. I can understand keeping the battle sprite wise (but then again I can easily see why that would change to full 3D, I think Fire Emblem: Awakening shows what I mean. But I just don't know, I'd rather have an epic large region with nearly 3D everything, but I'm sure whatever gamefreak decided to do, I'll like it nonetheless.

The announcement, God knows, will almost definatly be that Disney is buying the Pokemon franchise. This would be quite hilarious... but it would cause me to throw things :D

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Disney couldn't afford Pokémon. But then again I don't know how much buying Pokémon would actually cost, and whether it would be a worthwhile investment or even if anyone could buy it.

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
There is no doubt in my mind that somewhere, someone in charge is having this exact thought at this exact second. "We've developed the games that make up the core of one of the most successful franchises in this medium, ever. The next, best course of action for us would clearly to be to start taking a couple examples from an obscure American developer."

Marvelous is Japanese, and it's not obscure, they've made another famous series that you might know, it's called Harvest Moon.

Flame Mistress

Go to sleep??!!! I plan to pull an all-nighter Sherry XD jk, but I am planning to stay up all night because if I go to sleep, I'll actually miss it as I tend to wake up late, and I'd rather be there when it's initially done.

At that rate you'll only fall asleep right before the announcement...

So it's pretty much confirmed that it's on the 3DS, right?

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer

I was able to last being up for like 18 hours straight, and sleeping for a 4 hour power sleep, and that was done very recently as well. When it hits 1 AM, I'd have been up for 12 hours.

halloweenghost

The announcement, God knows, will almost definatly be that Disney is buying the Pokemon franchise. This would be quite hilarious... but it would cause me to throw things :D

Disney has already tried to buy pokemon long ago. I read in a magazine a long time ago..or may have been line that nintendo was like.. ha ha..no thanks..

dman_dustin

Marvelous is Japanese, and it's not obscure, they've made another famous series that you might know, it's called Harvest Moon.

Pokémon with harvest moon graphics......hit and miss for me (might work). But I do like the idea of introducing a concept where you can earn extra cash within the actual games that's not entirely about Pokémon.

Maybe a more extensive version of Join Avenue, only one where you actually make some money on top of getting discounts.

I've stayed up for 2 days before, not that I have any desire to do that again, but 18 hours or more doesn't sound too bad.

Zero38

Self-made
I don't know, the reason why I like Super Mario 64, or Zelda: Ocarina of time, back in the days of N64, was because it had 360` motion as well 3 dimensional models. And when Ocarina of time was remastered onto the 3DS, it really did set up a nice future precedence on how nice Zelda games will look on the 3DS (none of that horrible Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass graphics, sure maybe it was impressive graphics on a DS, but thank god the 3DS is so much better).

With Pokémon I don't know if I really like the overworld. I can understand keeping the battle sprite wise (but then again I can easily see why that would change to full 3D, I think Fire Emblem: Awakening shows what I mean. But I just don't know, I'd rather have an epic large region with nearly 3D everything, but I'm sure whatever gamefreak decided to do, I'll like it nonetheless.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Disney couldn't afford Pokémon. But then again I don't know how much buying Pokémon would actually cost, and whether it would be a worthwhile investment or even if anyone could buy it.

Hey, FE:A looks amazing and you know it :p

About MAQL helping gamefreak.. hmmm, do you think somebody might be helping? wouldn't be the first time Nintendo letting it's studio help eachother.

Edit: inb4 "Gamefreak is independent" yes I know that, doesn't change anything.

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I was able to last being up for like 18 hours straight, and sleeping for a 4 hour power sleep, and that was done very recently as well. When it hits 1 AM, I'd have been up for 12 hours.

Drink some Coffee. I always drink coffee if I gotta stay up and finish a project or something.

I've stayed up for 2 days before, not that I have any desire to do that again, but 18 hours or more doesn't sound too bad.

Did you have assistance(like coffee) or did you stay up on your own? If the latter then I applaud you lol I could never do that.

BCVM22

About MAQL helping gamefreak.. hmmm, do you think somebody might be helping? wouldn't be the first time Nintendo letting it's studio help eachother.

No. No, no one is "helping" anyone. Nor is Marvelous a Nintendo second-party.

Argh.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Man you guys are extreme. No way I would have what it would take to hang with some of you.