• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Apparently it can also be translated to something along the lines of Nimbus, as in a nimbus cloud. Which would be something like Nimbeon (Flying type), I guess.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
View attachment 8046

These shiny sparkles mean anything? Could it really be a new type?

EDIT: Or Ninfia's just so beautiful that it emits sparkly sparkles while it chills with the rest of the eeveelution gang.

I really think this is a new type. The fact that they're hiding the type on an Eeveelution is just too fishy to me. I mean, the typing is what defines an eeveelution, and the eeveelutions are designed to clearly represent those typings because that is what they are an embodiment of, so keeping the typing a secret only indicates that there is another surprise to be unveiled later. If it was a boring normal type, they would have just revealed the typing instead of keeping it a secret.

If this means this Eeveelution is a light type, then it probably means Xerneas is a light type too. And of course, Yveltal will be Dark, as its appearence suggests.

Durbe

I'm tired
No one considered a Incubator-type for Ninfia? Please don't take me seriously I'm kidding

I don't desire for any new types right now... But it seems likely. If not it'd end up being Normal of Flying imo :/ Bug is also somewhat possible.

pepsa

I always pictured the Flying-Type Eeveelution to have wings, a cloud attatched to its body a propellor or a fan or something. But obviously I didn't take into consideration flying ribbons and bows.

Psychic

Really and truly
No one considered a Incubator-type for Ninfia?
Marry me.

It looks Normal to me. *shrugs*

Also seriously, more people should be talking about Mewtwo coming back. Because nothing is better than that.
I really hope they handle this well without throwing half the canon out the window.

halloweenghost

Marry me.

Also seriously, more people should be talking about Mewtwo coming back. Because nothing is better than that.
I really hope they handle this well without throwing half the canon out the window.

oh I cannot wait.. makes you wonder if team rocket will be involved on mewtwo's side?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Marry me.

I think Mewtwo will be treated very well. I wonder if it'll comeback because of Team Rocket coming for it, or because it gets in the middle of TR vs TP

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I think Mewtwo's inclusion in the movie is an indicator that we'll see Mewtwo in X and Y.

I posted a theory a month ago that generation 6 would give focus to Pokémon from previous generations rather than having a lot of new ones. My reasoning was that fans of the series would value battling with and against their familiar favorites in full 3D more than they would seeing a lot of new Pokémon. Hence the abundance of previous generation Pokémon in the X and Y trailer (note that trailers from previous generations gave focus to new Pokémon, not old). On that note, I think trainers would be excited at the idea of fighting and capturing the legendaries from past generations in glorious 3D--especially Mewtwo, as it fits with the DNA theme apparent in the Japanese X and Y logos.

RVD_fan

That or Arty/Burgh gives up on bugs and takes in an entire team of Ninfia.
Please, only one man holds dominion over that type: MirorB.jpg

PokeTimmy

Collector
Wow - I really like the inclusion of Mewtwo! Maybe we'll get some backstory on what mewtwo has been up to these past years.

Does the subject matter for the movie have anything to do with the games? Because I would also enjoy encountering mewtwo (and possibly even mew?) in X/Y as well!

Does the subject matter for the movie have anything to do with the games? Because I would also enjoy encountering mewtwo (and possibly even mew?) in X/Y as well!

There really hasn't been any information about the movie other than the trailer, and the name now. So, no news on the region it takes place in (but presumably the Unova, since iirc it's being released in July).

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
it fits with the DNA theme apparent in the Japanese X and Y logos.

You know what else fits in with the DNA theme? Deoxys. De-ox-ys. I mean come on, his name is in the word! I think they might classify Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Genesect as a trio, because they ALL fit in with the DNA theme.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Wow - I really like the inclusion of Mewtwo! Maybe we'll get some backstory on what mewtwo has been up to these past years.

The movies have been known to hype games to be released thereafter in order to generate interest. For example, Lucario and Manaphy were both in movies a shortly prior to the release of Diamond and Pearl. Zoroark was in a movie a few months before Black and White. The fact that Mewtwo's in the movie a few months before the release of X and Y may easily mean that Nintendo is trying to reinvigorate interest in Mewtwo because it will be included in X and Y.

FallBird

Ninfia... seems like a lot of people don't like it. :c I'm thinking that it's going to be all female, bug type eeveelution, mostly due to the name. But personally, I think they could've done a LOT better with a bug design if that's what it is.. the only reason I don't think it's normal is because well, if you're going to make a normal eeveelution, WHO would make it this different from Eevee? Were it not related to Eevee, I'd be all about that normal type, but ugh.
The design itself I think is darn precious. I'll have one on my team, regardless of what it turns out to be.

And Mewtwo in this movie? I about wet my pants when I saw that. I'd seen people talking about hoping for that, sure, but.. well, I never thought I'd see the marvelous day that my favorite legendary, and the one that scared me most as a little kid, would return. I hope they don't give him a crappy voice actor. And for god's sake, Nintendo, don't ruin my childhood by ruining Mewtwo!

elorasheppard

Ninfia could be a flying type. It looks like Victini, or Skyla ;) nya~

Wow, I so thought Skyla when I saw Ninfia too!

I hope it is a flying type, if only for that reason