• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

BCVM22

I know :p but my reasoning is that pretty much everyone wants Mewtwo to return in SSB4, and characters generally tend to incorporate their appearances and abilities from their most recent games.

Despite the latter being true, the former isn't a guarantee of anything, even if one assumes it to be unequivocally true for the sake of discussion.

But you know all this already, I'm sure.

Arceusgamer14

The new form looks better than I the leak.
I think I'll love this new form!
Also It might give Mewtwo a Strong chance of returning to Super Smash Bros IV

Last edited:

BCVM22

Sure don't. Particularly since the game's already well in to production - if Mewtwo is "back", that decision was made long ago, before any whispers of this new forme/related critter and the associated "possible resurgence in popularity".

suicuneman

Mad Hatter Trainer
Because of course, when they were this far into Brawl's development they weren't adding any more new characters. *cough*sonicthehedgehog*cough* - no wait, Sonic was added months after we'd already seen trailers of the game in action.

But maybe this discussion should be more about the Pokémon itself than about SSB.

It may or may not be worth noting that this isn't being referred to officially as a new forme of Mewtwo, but apparently a new Pokémon with suspicious similarities to Mewtwo. They'll probably reveal that it's a form eventually, unless it's actually something like 'Mewthree'.

halloweenghost

wow people sure like to complian.. especially genwunners... I started in Gen one and I love it. i think Mewtwo looks great..

now thanks to the new vid people say it;s a new pokemon..get real folks..there's plenty of evience that suggests mewtwo.. especially the whole "you don't know the real mewtwo "(or whatever it says) thing in the trailer..I could be wrong but i'm banking on a forme

Last edited:

BCVM22

It's been in production for only about a year at this point. Sora has plenty of time to add or remove characters if they so choose.

One would think that the playable roster is among the first things set, at least to the degree where they would have been aware enough of the Mewtwocity ahead of time to have included it if they so chose. And pursuant to that...

Because of course, when they were this far into Brawl's development they weren't adding any more new characters. *cough*sonicthehedgehog*cough* - no wait, Sonic was added months after we'd already seen trailers of the game in action.

...the delay in Sonic's addition was legal in basis. Not the case here - everything's basically in house. And that we had seen trailers of the game ahead of time means nothing. By that logic, every character that was revealed after we had seen those trailers was a late addition.

It may or may not be worth noting that this isn't being referred to officially as a new forme of Mewtwo, but apparently a new Pokémon with suspicious similarities to Mewtwo. They'll probably reveal that it's a form eventually, unless it's actually something like 'Mewthree'.

Yes. It's apparent at this stage that they want to keep the exact link between this Pokémon and Mewtwo - whether it's a forme, an evolution, some sort of separate counterpart, whatever - a secret for the time being. I suspect the movie will be used as a vehicle for the reveal of the exact relationship.

Chaos Rush

lmao at the official Pokemon X & Y site telling us how to get Mewtwo in Pokemon Red & Blue:
http://oi50.*******.com/2dj1h77.jpg

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
One would think that the playable roster is among the first things set, at least to the degree where they would have been aware enough of the Mewtwocity ahead of time to have included it if they so chose. And pursuant to that...

Really? See, I'd think it would be something along the lines of game modes, maybe some basic ideas for stage and level layouts, but that's just me.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Now it's hard to say if this is just a new form for Mewtwo, or if this is a whole new pokemon(I'm guessing it is a new pokemon what's said on the website). On the pokemon website it says this pokemon has some sort of connection with Mewtwo. The youtube video revealing it is just getting flooded with people shouting "Mewthree". I for one hope they name it something else besides just adding three :/

halloweenghost

all I know is it is exciting.. remeinds me so much of being back in the late 90's with the whole mewthree stuff flying around the web... good times..

Ninfia-Fan

Now it's hard to say if this is just a new form for Mewtwo, or if this is a whole new pokemon(I'm guessing it is a new pokemon what's said on the website). On the pokemon website it says this pokemon has some sort of connection with Mewtwo. The youtube video revealing it is just getting flooded with people shouting "Mewthree". I for one hope they name it something else besides just adding three :/

I agree. If this Pokemon is named 'Mewthree', then (for me) the whole cloning experiments associated with Mew will just get old. Who knows. It could be like Black and White Kyurem or a whole other Pokemon as mentioned... Though I do love it's design.

I personally hope it's a new species rather than a forme of Mewtwo, but if it's a forme, hopefully it's got different stats, and isn't just an aesthetic change.