• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well this new "project" seems interesting... I'm certainly not expecting a new main series game. Maybe some word on the detective pikachu thing or that screenshot with the lucario and the blaziken <forgot what it was called.> If not, then something like a new manga or something in the anime.

JackD334

Well this new "project" seems interesting... I'm certainly not expecting a new main series game. Maybe some word on the detective pikachu thing or that screenshot with the lucario and the blaziken <forgot what it was called.> If not, then something like a new manga or something in the anime.

I wander wether there finally shedding some light on that silhouette of te tiny pony like creature? The one from game freak, that was supposedly a clue to some shocking cross over? Everyone everywhere seems to have forgotten about that.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
The fact that there are two voice actors could mean something, like possibly another Special anime ala Pokémon Origins? But for ORAS? Although I doubt it'd be such a 'shocking announcement'.

If I had to just choose something at complete random that I'd want, it'd be a brand new anime that runs alongside the original but it is more mature. But like I said, that's a which not what I expect.

Rakurai

I'm pretty sure the project is a new game.

I'm personally expecting it to be that Pokken game they filed a trademark for almost a year ago.

I wander wether there finally shedding some light on that silhouette of te tiny pony like creature? The one from game freak, that was supposedly a clue to some shocking cross over? Everyone everywhere seems to have forgotten about that.

We had the answer to that over a year ago. It was for one of GF's few non-Pokemon games.

JackD334

We had the answer to that over a year ago. It was for one of GF's few non-Pokemon games.

I'm sorry then, I'm not disagreeing with you but I've still not found any info on it since the shadow horse image.
In that case I'm with you on the pokemon pokken game, for wii U for sure. Were about due a new installment of stadium/colluseum style game.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Just found out the announcement was filed in the 'Games' category of the site, meaning it's game-related. I'd guess a spin-off title, it's 99% definite not to be a Main series game for obvious reasons.

I'm guessing that it will be either the Detective Pikachu game (Hope not!) or the Pokkén thing (Hopefully). Who knows, maybe something completely different!

I also hope it's something for the 3DS at least, seeming I don't plan on buying a Wii U anytime soon (probably never)

Blazing Charmander

I'll love to have another Pokemon Stadium/C/XD/BR game for the Wii U. It'll be nice in HD.

This is my biggest hope regarding what the news will bring. I'm certain that the Wii U would bring out the very best in a Pokemon battle sim game due to its HD capabilities, and of course any game titled 'Pokemon' of this nature would sell tons of Wii U units without question. As ever though, best to keep hopes lowered.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I really hope this shocking announcement is a Pokemon game on the Wii U that's NOT called "Hey U Pikachu", "Pokemon Snap U", or "Pokemon Trozei U", etc, but Pokken Fighters. I mean they've already trademarked it, it's been teased last year, and with a story mode like the Orre games, it has to be it. But then again, it could be something for the anime since Iris's Japanese voice actress is there too, or a new movie teaser.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
This is my biggest hope regarding what the news will bring. I'm certain that the Wii U would bring out the very best in a Pokemon battle sim game due to its HD capabilities, and of course any game titled 'Pokemon' of this nature would sell tons of Wii U units without question. As ever though, best to keep hopes lowered.

I too have been hoping for a new 3D Battle game for the Wii U. It's been 7 years since that Revolution mess. And they did skip out on Gen V, not to mention the alternate forms in 4th Gen like Girantina and Shaymin. So hoping if it's true, i'll be looking forward to see 5th and 6th Gen and the Mega-Evos in glorious HD. (Fingers crossed)

Blazing Charmander

I too have been hoping for a new 3D Battle game for the Wii U. It's been 7 years since that Revolution mess. And they did skip out on Gen V, not to mention the alternate forms in 4th Gen like Girantina and Shaymin. So hoping if it's true, i'll be looking forward to see 5th and 6th Gen and the Mega-Evos in glorious HD. (Fingers crossed)

You and me both. I was genuinely excited about PBR after the first trailer was released for it, but that turned out to be a gross misrepresentation of the final product. I only tried out the game when borrowing it from a friend and also viewed many reviews and clips of the game online and on YouTube, but that was enough to convince me that it was a dud compared to previous console battle sim titles. It was disappointing that the rest of Gen IV through to Gen V failed to introduce a new Wii/Wii U title of this nature, so I hope that one is at least in the pipeline even if this announcement doesn't turn out to be it. Full-scale HD battles would definitely be something to savour.

ebevan91

Just went to Gamestop to get my Heracronite (and preorder a few games), aaaaand.... they didn't open for another hour :/

I thought they opened at 9AM but apparently they don't open until 10AM.