• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I wouldn't mind Pokken or some other type of spinoff that's actually cool. All of the good spinoffs have been dying left and right.

Blazing Charmander

The official international Pokemon site has updated with a page dedicated to XY - Furious Fists as well as dubbing this week 'Fighting-Type Week' for Pokemon TV. There's also, notably, a 'Coming Soon' section on this page with a link further down the page similarly phased out for now called 'Fighting Type Face-off!'. I wonder whether this could be related to the upcoming announcement (maybe Pokken!).

Leafy Sea Dragon

Trying to get my Heracronite back from my friend because of the recent event and he's being a pain in the butt about it. :mad:

He wasn't interested in getting the event Heracross, though probably because the one I gave him was already enough. Now he's not even interested in getting the megastone because he already "has it". He said he's also lost interest in every game besides Fire Emblem because of SSB4.

I was surprised he agreed to meet-up to re-trade the megastones before the 31st, iiiiif the ever happens, it better. He really wanted Mega Heracross back then. I doubt he'd even do the event while he can too.

Sorry I just wanted to vent. :redface:

Edit: mfw he just got the Heracross, welp I'm happily confused.

Last edited:

Thwipster

Went to a gamestop today. They claimed to have not gotten the stuff from Nintendo. Tried calling another store near by, they didn't have it either. But they did try to con us into preordering The new games to get it. Anyone else run into this?

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Could it have something to do with the Anime though? it does have Iris' voice actor in it?

Anime spin-off about Iris? (Kidding...)

ORAS news maybe? more mega's?

Well it's probably what everyone thinks, that Pokken game.

zeburaika00

News from IGN, the Pokémon TCG game has been announced for iOS, so that might be what's announced in the monthly Famitsu stream (probably not the main dealio, but it's a thing)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
News from IGN, the Pokémon TCG game has been announced for iOS, so that might be what's announced in the monthly Famitsu stream (probably not the main dealio, but it's a thing)

That was announced a few days ago, that's not what the upcoming announcement is going to be.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I know I'm getting my hopes up but I'm thinking this surprise announcement is gonna be big. If it were a game in any of the existing spin-off series, it wouldn't really be surprising. I'm betting it'll be a full blown Origins anime, starting at Gold and Silver. My wish however would be a Pokemon Yellow remake but that's just me.

Silvijo

I know I'm getting my hopes up but I'm thinking this surprise announcement is gonna be big. If it were a game in any of the existing spin-off series, it wouldn't really be surprising. I'm betting it'll be a full blown Origins anime, starting at Gold and Silver. My wish however would be a Pokemon Yellow remake but that's just me.

I was actually thinking of an older Pokemon game coming for the E-Shop.
I never thought about something in range of anime or mini series. Could be very possible though.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I was actually thinking of an older Pokemon game coming for the E-Shop.
I never thought about something in range of anime or mini series. Could be very possible though.

I didn't think of them adding older games to the E-shop. Maybe the DS games on Wii U? Would that be possible because the DS ones could trade wirelessly? That might actually make me buy a Wii U again.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I'm guessing the big announcement will probabaly be that pokemon fighting game thing myself.. but who knows.

I totally forgot about this, not joking...

It could be a game like XD and Gale of Darkness with VAs. I really think it has something to do with voices with Iris's VA being there.

Really hoping for a Conquest 2 Spinoff, but a girl can only dream.

halloweenghost

Most of the Gamestops are now getting their Megastone codes finally..so go on out and triumph! Here's a pic of mine

megastone_zps9b55a2d6.jpg

Not the greatest quality pic... and for those wondering..it's like a lotto ticket scratch off where the code is

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
According to PokéJungle:

An article in Famitsu calls upcoming Pokémon game (new project) ground-breaking and series changing

Hmm.. this could really be huge. If this is what they're saying, I doubt it'd be this Pokkén, because it doesn't seem like something 'groundbreaking'. I'm trying not to get myself hyped because it might be a dissapointment, but..

Xuxuba

Why would they announce a new game that isn't a spin-off when ORAS isn't even out yet? I think it's probably Pokken and they are trying to make it more cool than it is, but the way they announced seems so weird, i hope i don't get hyped too but it's really hard.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Oh I don't doubt it's not a spin-off, but it doesn't mean it can't be something equally amazing as the main series as a side-series. But like I said, I'm just speculating!

Bariokie

rock dog
If they make pokken they would use amiibo for it.

I can't think of any sort of game that would make it ground breaking and utter shocking.

Or are they over hyping it? Some detective game is not: "ground-breaking and series changing"