1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Kuvario

Kuvario I am who I am...because of them.

A full blown Orgins series would be terrible IMO, I didn't like the first due to it being gunwunner/Red fanboy pandering through and through. They have no reason at all to make one of HGSS other than to get more gunwunner pandering since almighty Red will appear again. If anything, an Origins based off of an ORAS/RSE is more likely IMO. And that detective Pikachu game is more likely considering shocking is a forced pun, a new genre for the series, and May contain voice acting, hence why Iris's voice actress is there.

I hope that's not the case as those things are expensive and they already tried and failed with this with Pokémon Rumble U.

Shocking is there, ground breaking it's not.

Of course they're overhyping it, it's so logical. It could be since Pokémon hasn't been in the genre yet.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

I hope the announcement is a open world Pokemon game, not just for the fans but for Nintendo itself. It an untapped gold mine imo, i would dare to say loads of people would purchased a Wii U just to play a open world Pokemon game.

Now obviously, a big Pokemon open world game would require some serious visual and mechanical capabilities from the Wii U, but Mario Kart 8 is proof that the Wii U isn't as outmoded as some believe it to be. Could it handle an open-world version of a region without sacrificing that quality? That’s up for discussion of course but my guess would be yes.

3. StrongBad456

StrongBad456 Beginning Trainer

Yeah, I came to the conclusion today that it'll probably be the Pikachu detective game they're unveiling because, like you said, it could contain Voice Acting, meaning Iris is possibly in it or maybe is the main human character or something to that effect.

4. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

I wouldn't be that surprised if it was a game for the Wii U. X and Y did amazingly and I don't doubt A LOT of Pokémon fans would buy a Wii U for Pokémon. After all, Pokémon is like the 2nd or 3rd biggest seller after Mario for Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 did great for the Wii U and I don't doubt Nintendo want/wanted a huge Pokémon Wii U game to do the same or at least a good margin of that.

5. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

I would say Pokemon is easily Nintendos second biggest franchise behind only Mario. I do get the hesitation to bring it to a non-handheld as Pokemon games have really always been on handelhelds and the pokemon games which made it to console have been average or underwhelming (Although i personally love Colusseum), but an emersive open world Pokemon game is great both for profit and sales as well as i think most if not all Pokemon wants it to happen

6. Joth

Joth Back from the Dead

What if it's............

Pokémon for Smart Phones and Tablets?!? Yes I know it can be done (Illegaly, of course,) but still!!!

7. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Pokeball Rank Trainer

My guess is that it's either that Pikachu detective thing or something to do with that CGI clip we saw at the beginning of the year with Lucario and Blaziken battling in a city

While I'm a die-hard pokémon fan & these are the only games I play, I always thought the Legend of Zelda was Nintendo's second most popular franchise

8. Murder Doll

Murder Doll Button Presser

I have great doubts they would ever consider making full fledged games for tablets/smartphones, it'd make no sense as it would lower the amount of reason people would have to buy their consoles. It just wouldn't make business sense especially with the 3DS already providing mobile gaming.

9. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

Nope, if you go by sales which is how it's catagorized iirc, Pokemon franchise has 260 million sales while The legend of Zelda franchise only has 68 million. In fact Mario and Pokemon are the only video game franchises to have over 200 million sales. Pokemon has more sales than The legend of Zelda and GTA sales combined, so imo at least it's defiantly Nintendo's second biggest franchise in terms of money

10. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Do you mean a main series game for Wii U? I don't know how to feel about that. Although that would help the sales, it would also be really annoying because we already bought the Nintendo 3ds so we could play the main series and now if we want to experience the whole main series we would have to buy the expensive Wii U too.

11. Navarch

Navarch Well-Known Member

If it is that Fighting Game, I'm hoping it won't just be Fighting Types. I meant it can't be. Then we'd need a "Swimming Game" or a "Flying Game". Lots of Pokemon could act as Fighting Types.

Unless I'm taking the Title the wrong way?

I'm praying for a Mystery Dungeon game for 3DS (besides the 5th Gen one).

12. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

No, not a main series game for Wii U. GameFreak have said they never want or expect to move the main series to home consoles, because Pokémon is built for handheld consoles, so I don't expect it to be that. But a game that maybe does take elements from the main series in a more mature Wii U game.

Although, any more 'mature' game in the Pokémon franchise probably won't be that mature. It'll just be a bit harder and a bit darker but I'd doubt Pokémon would ever go down the route of stuff like killing people or weapons other than the Pokémon themselves.

13. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

I'd flip if it was an mmo type game but I know it won;t be.. It'll probably be the pikachu detective game since they used the word shockingly,.. but who knows maybe that was not a pun..but it probably is. but then again it says how it is supposed to be ground breaking and series changing..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  14. TWN

TWN 5326 7398 1244

Prediction for the shocking announcement: Pokemon Delta Emerald for the Wii U to be released at the same time as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Overworld will look the same as ORAS (except in HD) but battles will have improved graphics. The game will also have a special battle mode akin to Stadium/PBR.

And of course, if they do this, expect Wii U Pokemon Z next year.

15. Bariokie

Bariokie rock dog

yes and they will support: downloadfreeram.com
    /sarcasmoff

but okay pokken fighters lets go :#

16. colomb

colomb Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like a games announcement. Could it be a Hoenn version of Pokemon: Origins? Voice actors will participate in the announcement.

17. Symphony

Symphony Seasons, they turn..

Interesting, but I don't know that can be 'series changing.' I think it has something to do with voices in the upcoming games. Maybe not Omega/Alpha, but the Pokken Fighter game or the upcoming main series. There are also two unknown guests. They could be from another company to announce another crossover with how successful Conquest was.

18. calbino4

calbino4 Pokémaniac

Oh dear Arceus, please let it be something like Conquest. I loved Conquest so much, musta played it through at least a dozen or more times.

19. thunder2910

thunder2910 Loves pizza

I don't know, I feel that if they do it the games just won't be as special as they are on Nintendo's platforms :x

20. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

It's confirmed for a game announcement.

Nintendo wouldn't allow a proper Pokémon game or spin-off to be on non-Nintendo platforms. Pokémon TCGO exists as a separate entity, which is why it's happening.