• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Oh dear Arceus, please let it be something like Conquest. I loved Conquest so much, musta played it through at least a dozen or more times.

I think I cranked up around 200 hours in my Conquest game, better all the stories, getting most Perfect Links, etc.

Koei, the company that did make Conquest, had voices in a 3DS game that they made, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles. Yes, I know they were only in Japanese, but every single line the characters said had a voice. It wasn't like Fire Emblem or Rune Factory 4 with snipits, it was full fledged out.

I really hope it's something like that. Conquest with voices would be so cool! I also wouldn't mind a 3D Ranger game with voices, that would be pretty epic as well.

GinGaru

am i the only one who think that it won't be a game but rather an anime adaption for pokemon specials or sequal for origins?
thats what i hope at least

Bariokie

rock dog
Sooooo... tomorrow the new game announcement o-o
I havnt seen anyone link a stream or something..
Who knows where to watch it :p

Xuxuba

IMO, they wouldn't be doing this if it was just a spin-off. I mean, they release a new spin-off every freaking week and i think they know spin-offs aren't that special. Hell, this sounds even more surprising than a typical main series game.

Yeah, i know ORAS isn't even out yet, but you guys know how Game Freak likes to plan ahead and you guys know how much Nintendo likes to profit with Pokémon.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Having absolutely nothing to do with Pokémon or video games in general, it's beyond illogical to expect that this is going to be any sort of core title. No business worth the name on the door is going to announce a successor to a product that itself literally won't be available for another three months.

Whatever this is, there's no reason to believe it will be something that competes with OR/AS. Complements, maybe, but not competes with.

Xuxuba

Having absolutely nothing to do with Pokémon or video games in general, it's beyond illogical to expect that this is going to be any sort of core title. No business worth the name on the door is going to announce a successor to a product that itself literally won't be available for another three months.

Whatever this is, there's no reason to believe it will be something that competes with OR/AS. Complements, maybe, but not competes with.
Au contraire, it's illogical to think there's no reason to believe it might be some sort of core title. Serebii confirmed it's a game and Famitsu said it's groundbreaking and surprising, so it really looks like something that will please fans more than a spin-off. Besides, just because they might announce it now, it doesn't mean they are going to release it so soon. Even if they release it soon after it's announced, it's not like that would affect the sales. After all, Pokémon Emerald was released 8 months after Pokémon FR/LG and Emerald was the third best-selling game for GBA.

BCVM22

Emerald was not announced before FR/LG were released, however. The rest is taking PR speak and hype probably a touch too literally. Again, it makes no sense to announce the next core title before the forthcoming one even releases. There's no public business practice in which that would make sense.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Au contraire, it's illogical to think there's no reason to believe it might be some sort of core title. Serebii confirmed it's a game and Famitsu said it's groundbreaking and surprising, so it really looks like something that will please fans more than a spin-off. Besides, just because they might announce it now, it doesn't mean they are going to release it so soon. Even if they release it soon after it's announced, it's not like that would affect the sales. After all, Pokémon Emerald was released 8 months after Pokémon FR/LG and Emerald was the third best-selling game for GBA.

No, it's not. I'm sure they'll never reveal the main-series game that's two games away. They only let us know about the next one, which they have. I wouldn't expect the next main game's reveal until after ORAS have been out for a few months. And it's not like Pokémon news has never been exaggerated before. I think at most, it'll be a spin-off.

Floette

Fennekin
Well, the announcement is drawing closer with only 17 hours or so left. Just like everyone else I'm suspecting Pokken Fighters title for Wii U. It could end up being great but I prefer RPG-styled games, especially when involving Pokemon. Anyway, does anyone know where we can stream the announcement? I'm positive this was addressed but I couldn't find it.

I'm excited for the reveal. Even if it is not Pokken Fighters, it could very well be a Wii U spin-off, which could have a varying degree of importance depending on what exactly it is.

BCVM22

It was "addressed", if you can call it that, at the top of this page continuing from the end of the previous page.

Last edited:

Pilpulp

美的
I read that the announcement should be around 9am est (is that correct?).

Really hoping for Pokemon Rangers or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the 3DS. Those story-lines were too good.

calbino4

Pokémaniac
That is correct. And is it just me or does it seems like Nintendo's done a bang-up job of keeping this one under wraps? Maybe it's just because of the timing leading to there being no corocoro leak, but I think they've kept this one secret pretty well.

Pilpulp

美的
That is correct. And is it just me or does it seems like Nintendo's done a bang-up job of keeping this one under wraps? Maybe it's just because of the timing leading to there being no corocoro leak, but I think they've kept this one secret pretty well.

Unless it's Pokken Fighters, yup.