• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

danburite3

Alright, so today's update says that the Diancie event has started today in Europe and Australia. But, a previous announcement on the main page has Australia's release date as the 10th.

So... which one is it? These serial codes disappear in minutes flat, so it'd help to know which day I have to go to my local store.

kangle4

Alright, so today's update says that the Diancie event has started today in Europe and Australia. But, a previous announcement on the main page has Australia's release date as the 10th.

So... which one is it? These serial codes disappear in minutes flat, so it'd help to know which day I have to go to my local store.

Official date for Australia is the 10th although some stores may give them out early if they have them and you ask.

Probably a good idea to ask now anyway because as you said they run out very quickly.

EDIT: Got mine today.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Not a news but are they planning to add more XY episodes? There are already 60 as you know...

It looks very likely they will continue making XY Episodes, but they won't announce it until next year. Currently, we have 2 and a half months of Japanese episodes that we know about that have not aired. Then it usually takes 2 months before it is aired in the US.

As for adding them to Serebii.net Screen shots, we only put up shots once the show is aired in Japan. (They have a "Next Time on Pokémon:" segment, which is one way how Serebii gets the Next in Japan images.)

As for Pokemon.com or the Pokémon TV app, Ask Pokémon.com. Or just check it regularly.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
All right guys, the day has finally arrived! HA Serperior is finally obtainable!….In Japan. The event will start on December 28th with GetTV distributing codes for HA Serperior, which can be redeemed for the Pokemon in-game starting January 9th.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really pumped. I've wanted a Contrary Serperior ever since Black 1. Plus ORAS move tutors can teach him Dragon Pulse.

Side-note: Does anyone get the feeling that Serperior's future Mega Evolution will gain a secondary Dragon typing, just like Sceptile? Serperior's ability to be tutored Dragon moves is the same as Sceptile...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Side-note: Does anyone get the feeling that Serperior's future Mega Evolution will gain a secondary Dragon typing, just like Sceptile? Serperior's ability to be tutored Dragon moves is the same as Sceptile...

Well, it will take a while until that happens. And that's assuming Mega Evolutions won't inevitably replaced in favor of a new marketing gimmick.

But yes, Serperior doesn't have any other offensive options that belong to any other type besides Pursuit/Knock Off, Aqua Tail, Aerial Ace, Rock Smash, a bunch of Normal moves and Iron Tail.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Well, it will take a while until that happens. And that's assuming Mega Evolutions won't inevitably replaced in favor of a new marketing gimmick.
True. It could be just a marketing gimmick, since we haven't seen how they will handle it past this generation. However, the 5th generation's gimmick, Dream World abilities, has successfully transferred to a subsequent generation by becoming Hidden Abilities, so I have faith that Mega Evolution won't just be tossed aside for the next gimmick. I expect at least one more generation before the "mystery of Mega Evolution" is solved. Plus, I personally don't see GameFreak changing focus until at least most, if not nearly all, of final-evolution Pokemon can Mega Evolve.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Serperior and Emboar are the only ones who really benefit from this event, mainly Emboar but it's nice to see it happen!

XXD17

Draco rex
All right guys, the day has finally arrived! HA Serperior is finally obtainable!….In Japan. The event will start on December 28th with GetTV distributing codes for HA Serperior, which can be redeemed for the Pokemon in-game starting January 9th.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really pumped. I've wanted a Contrary Serperior ever since Black 1. Plus ORAS move tutors can teach him Dragon Pulse.

YES! YES! YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I can finally use it!!!! Thank you Arceus and Pidgeot for giving the worst Unova starter a shot!!! Sure it won't be OU (damn you birdspam) but it has a chance at UU!

Graz

News of a new 'project'

"Game Freak, a studio best known for games in the Pokémon series and, not too long ago Harmoknight recently finished up with the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. After a short break, it seems the team is ready to hop back into action as Mr.Watanabe said the following."

Quote from Game Freak: "We’re doing a lot of different things with respect to our next project, so right now we’re focusing on getting ready to announce it,” Watanabe said. “We sincerely hope from the bottom of our hearts that it’ll be worth checking out once we get to that point."

Edited: Source: http://alwaysnintendo.com/pokemon-developer-game-freak-getting-ready-announce-new-project/

I'm hoping it's Pokemon Conquest 2 when TecmoKoei and Gamefreak said there was still material left over which they could do something with. Not to mention it's well known higher ups from both companies are fans of Pokemon and Nobunagas Ambition respectively. Also it did sell well in the U.S and Europe (Japan's a given for selling well). Remember it was released on an outdated platform because the 3DS was out :). Personally I think it's too soon for A Pokemon Z announcement so it's gotta be a spin off. My fingers are crossed for Pokemon Conquest sequel on the 3DS! I really enjoyed that game.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I'm surprised that Hoopa is revealed now and the Shiny Rayquaza event is happening this soon.

Traditionally, the event Pokémon is released around February, assuming there wasn't any prior event Pokémon took part in, whereas the second banana generally got a pre-order event or no event at all in favor of a poll winner. But I guess the current situation is fair since Hoopa isn't promoting an upcoming game and Rayquaza isn't a pre-order ticket event, at least for now. I wonder if this means Unbound Hoopa will be revealed soon as well, since it is already available in OR/AS so there is no need to wait until June like Resolute Keldeo and Mega Diancie.

As for the above, I would prefer if it is a side project like Soritiba or HarmoKnight.

XXD17

Draco rex
I'm surprised that Hoopa is revealed now and the Shiny Rayquaza event is happening this soon.

Traditionally, the event Pokémon is released around February, assuming there wasn't any prior event Pokémon took part in, whereas the second banana generally got a pre-order event or no event at all in favor of a poll winner. But I guess the current situation is fair since Hoopa isn't promoting an upcoming game and Rayquaza isn't a pre-order ticket event, at least for now. I wonder if this means Unbound Hoopa will be revealed soon as well, since it is already available in OR/AS so there is no need to wait until June like Resolute Keldeo and Mega Diancie.

As for the above, I would prefer if it is a side project like Soritiba or HarmoKnight.

I'm assuming they are saving unbound forme for February...

I just used the code Pokemon497 to obtain the Serperior here in the United States.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I just used the code Pokemon497 to obtain the Serperior here in the United States.

Confirming this. I got my Serperior too and I live in the U.S.

I now have a Contrary Serperior after trading on WT with no luck. Now I can start breeding for a competitive one.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm also in the U.S. and I managed to download the Serperior. Personally, I don't get why a Contrary Serperior is so hyped, but I'll keep it anyway. :p

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Wait when did this start working? I tried the POKEMON497 code only a few days ago to test it out for lols and said it couldn't be found...

EDIT: Nevermind, derp on me. Just now checked the News. Yay Contrary!

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Just picked up mine as well! Between this and the upcoming HA Tyrunt, I am very pleased...

BTW, are all of them Modest w/Sp.Attack IVs, or did I just get monstrously lucky o_o

Last edited: