• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Famitsu has already been in people's hands and there was/is no reason to think it would ever get something before corocoro

Is DS+Wii a separate edition? I wondered if people already had this week (month?)'s edition early and if anything was there, it would have been spoiled already.

Creyk

tomorrow we'll see what huge news we get in famitsu. Acording to this site, it's a rumor that got out of hand, although i didn't see it here but in a gamefaqs thread, posted today. I'm still hoping for something, anything, please...

I have been wondering why it didn't leak yet, tbh
Maybe it's nothing after all, in which case we are totally clueless about the next announcement of, well...anything

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have been wondering why it didn't leak yet, tbh
Maybe it's nothing after all, in which case we are totally clueless about the next announcement of, well...anything

Well Serebii told us not to get our hopes up in the first place. I didn't expect any new game news after that.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah, I kind of doubt this so-called news until it actually comes out but it may not. I am starting to think that a new game would be announced next year.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yeah, I kind of doubt this so-called news until it actually comes out but it may not. I am starting to think that a new game would be announced next year.

At the very least, we need to wait for Great Detective Pikachu before any major announcement, since that might fill the Autumn block. Even if a main game is released for Autumn, it is unlikely that Pikachu game would be released a few months after it in the same season.

Of course, I know nothing about how spin-offs and main releases fit in terms of Japanese Fiscal Years, so w/e.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Main site says new Mystery Dungeon for US this winter.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
mystery dungeon yay... :( oh well...

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
hopefully best spin-off series can return to form

GTI was a joke and an insult

Agreed, and hopefully. The first two Mystery Dungeon games (meaning Red/Blue and Time/Darkness/Sky) were phenomenal games and my absolute favorite among the spin-offs. Heck, I liked Sky more than I liked some of the main series games. I really hope the new ones does the series justice because that honestly makes me really excited.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I guess the reveal of Mystery Dungeon hints that there will be no main title game this year. Which is good.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I was hoping for a sequel to Conquest, but Mystery Dungeon can be good, if done right.

Gates to Infinity really disappointed me, however the graphics and soundtrack were phenomenal in that game.

No main series this year? Well, Gamefreak must be cooking up something really special for next year.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I guess the reveal of Mystery Dungeon hints that there will be no main title game this year. Which is good.

Yay.

Guess Detective Pikachu might be for Summer instead.

I was hoping for a sequel to Conquest, but Mystery Dungeon can be good, if done right.

Gates to Infinity really disappointed me, however the graphics and soundtrack were phenomenal in that game.

No main series this year? Well, Gamefreak must be cooking up something really special for next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the case. I was expecting them to wait until an alternate Zygarde forme to reveal Mystery Dungeon, but I guess they are planning something more important for the 20th anniversary after all.

Edit: The Release Date's variety is also interesting, since it basically covers all seasons until Summer 2016.

Last edited:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Edit: The Release Date's variety is also interesting, since it basically covers all seasons until Summer 2016.

That is in fact interesting, I hadn't noticed that at first. Maybe Summer of 2016 is what they're planning the big 2-0 party/release for. Or the whole thing is meant to throw us all off.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
That is in fact interesting, I hadn't noticed that at first. Maybe Summer of 2016 is what they're planning the big 2-0 party/release for. Or the whole thing is meant to throw us all off.

Well, I doubt it, since in Gen V we had Rumble U after GTI. X/Y was released in the classic Autumn period with Rumble U filling Spring-Summer period. I wouldn't be surprised if a hypothetical Rumble World U did the same.

Mystery Dungeons games have always been created to cover large periods of "drought"s, so to speak. Well, except maybe for that eShop title. But they rarely did it alone.

Edit: In fact, the original Rumble for Wii came a short while after the release of Explorers of Sky, so a console Rumble in the Spring 2016-Summer 2016 is not that unlikely.

Last edited:

Kein

AKA Silktree
Super Mystery Dungeon could be released in January or February in Europe. The official website only says early 2016.

Well, I doubt it, since in Gen V we had Rumble U after GTI. X/Y was released in the classic Autumn period with Rumble U filling Spring-Summer period. I wouldn't be surprised if a hypothetical Rumble World U did the same.
You don't seriously expect history to repeat itself, do you? There is already a recent Rumble game for this generation, and they don't have much to gain from another take on a console version. The only additional spin-off releases we should be expecting are Detective Pikachu and Pokkén. I still think that the former could be released this year as Tsunekazu Ishihara said (albeit in late 2013), while Pokkén's port is unlikely to be released before late 2016 given Namco's track record.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

I disagree, we need a new main series game and not another spin-off games. I am done buying spin-off games but unfortunately it looks like the new main series game would be in 2016 which stinks. I just hope it's not a kanto/sinnoh remake.

TheEliteEmpoleon

You definitely don't have to worry about a Kanto remake, and most likely not a Sinnoh remake. The next main series game(s) will probably be the next in the Kalos region (Pokémon Z), if the past is any indication. As for when that'll happen though, it is looking like the second half of 2016.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This is probably is going to be the first year for a while where we don't get a New main series game on a yearly basis. (There still is E3, but with a the PMD annoucment, I don't think it will happen.) If I remember rightly, PMD games appear in the "Gap year" between Main series games.

Personally, I like the PMD games, and I regret trading my PMD games a while back.

I really don't get interested in a game based purely on a Logo, but given the release date, I'm willing to bet on a E3 trailer.