• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Grey Wind

It'd be interesting if we could get Zygarde fairly early in the game, that'd be a nice way to shake up the formula. Like, maybe we could find 10% fairly early in the game (like around the 3rd gym) and then towards the end of the game when we visit Rt. 18 the first time, you go inside Terminus Cave and find more Cells where Zygarde was in XY and Zygarde turns into 50%, and then during the final battle with Team Flare, Zygarde turns into 100%. That would be really awesome.

I really like this idea. It'd be cool if it was like a sort of second starter.

BurningWhiteKyurem

What little we know so far seems to indicate it's anything but a traditional Mega Evolution. Given the text it seems like it's tied far more closely to whatever process created AZ's Floette.

The question is less "is it a Mega Evolution?" and more whether it's meant to be a harbinger of some new game mechanic of Pokémon customization, or just an anime-only means of tying one of Ash's Pokémon to something we know we will probably be encountering in the games.

We don't actually know the process that created AZ's Floette is similar to Ash's Greninja. The lore only makes mention of Floette's history with AZ. However, for what all know, it could be the life machine that drastically transformed Floette's appearance, considering how Floette doesn't really share a resemblance to AZ in the same way that Greninja shares a resemblance to Ash.

Though my point isn't about the whether Ash's Greninja is a Mega Evolution or not, I was trying to say that Ash's Greninja could very well imply that Greninja gets a Mega Evolution in the next game, amongst other Kalosmons advertised in the movie. I agree that this could be an anime-exclusive thing, or something like Spiky-Eared Pichu. But, I don't buy that Pokemon customization is going to be a thing, they made it a point that Greninja changes its appearance based on having a max bond with its trainer, rather than it being for purely cosmetic reasons.

Rio!

Composer
I doubt we'll get to battle with Core and Cell, they don't seem to be their own Pokemon, rather just the components of 10%, 50%, and 100%.

It'd be interesting if we could get Zygarde fairly early in the game, that'd be a nice way to shake up the formula. Like, maybe we could find 10% fairly early in the game (like around the 3rd gym) and then towards the end of the game when we visit Rt. 18 the first time, you go inside Terminus Cave and find more Cells where Zygarde was in XY and Zygarde turns into 50%, and then during the final battle with Team Flare, Zygarde turns into 100%. That would be really awesome.

That would be a pretty nifty idea. The 'rescue the cover legendary of re-makes/sequel' has already been done two Gens in a row and would make for a nice twist.
I'm glad too that the 10, 50, 100% components were explained again; I wasn't really clear at first with each stage before, and what it correlated with. Liking the high-res art as well. 8D

Firebrand

Indomitable
I don't see it mentioned in the previous page or two, but I have a suspicion that part of Z will be a fetch quest to track down the Zygarde cells so that the Core can progress through the stages. It mentions that the cells are found throughout the region and the Core can gather them, which sounds like the set up for way too many RPG fetch quests. Not that I think it's a bad thing, especially if it means we have a reason to retread some ground in Kalos that went under-utilized in X and Y. Here's looking at you, Power Point, Lost Hotel, etc.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My guess for how this works is that sometime around the seventh gym (the area the main event normally occurs) Team Flare is using Az's ultimate weapon and destroying the ecosystem. The only thing that can stop it is Zygarde. You go on quest to find it, only to discover it is stuck in its core form, unable to find other cells to join up with. You catch it, and it is then up to you to travel across the region, powering it up until you reach 50%. You try and fail to stop Team Flare, so you must continue your search until you find all of the cells, and create Complete Zygarde, which does have the power to stop Team Flare. Probably after this event, you can take away and give Zygarde cells as you wish.

The idea actually sounds pretty cool. I just wish that one of the forms wasn't a dog.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I don't see it mentioned in the previous page or two, but I have a suspicion that part of Z will be a fetch quest to track down the Zygarde cells so that the Core can progress through the stages. It mentions that the cells are found throughout the region and the Core can gather them, which sounds like the set up for way too many RPG fetch quests. Not that I think it's a bad thing, especially if it means we have a reason to retread some ground in Kalos that went under-utilized in X and Y. Here's looking at you, Power Point, Lost Hotel, etc.

Given the concerns about wasting time that Masuda has in ORAS, I think they're just going to give you a key item in the form of a communication device that allows you to easily call up the other Zygarde Cores and Cells and then choose what % you want your Zygarde to be at.

Another thing I found interesting is that there are several Zygarde Core since I originally was under the impression that it would only be one(I guess I probably should have seen it coming since Complete Zygarde has 5 in its chest) meaning that we might be able to have several of the lesser forms like 10% at the same time, assuming only one Core is needed for the lesser forms. Although I'm not sure they will go that far with the idea.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
So the Ash greninja has something similar with AZ's floette after all! BTW, I posted this theory a while back. It seems more relevant now:

Or maybe we can get new megas....

Anyways, this isn't really related but my take on the greninja is that it' might be kind of like AZ's floette. That floette looks different, but we don't know why it looks different. Where did it get the eternal flower and what really is the eternal flower? We know that AZ built the ultimate weapon and Lysandre will rebuild this weapon. What's the power source of this weapon? In the game, Lysandre used xerneas/ yveltal to power it, but we don't know what AZ used. Also we don't know if AZ acquired that power source before his floette died or not, he just built the weapon after his floette died. Maybe he acquired the power source and it was what allowed him to become king. This power source influenced his closest Pokemon and therefore changed its appearance to fit with AZ's ambition: war. Maybe Lysandre is using the same power source to power his weapon in the anime and it ends up influencing greninja causing it to change its appearance to fit Ash's ambition. What could this power source be? How about the giant rainbow stone? The only issue with my theory is why it's greninja and not pikachu...but whatever, this is a crazy theory anyways lol.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wasn't sure if I liked Zygarde's huge form before, but upon seeing its HQ artwork, it looks so much more amazing imo. I still like the dog form more though.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I love the complete form of Zygarde the most because it just looks so epic. It feels a bit weird that we didn't get the new z game announced with the new forms but at least we got some news. Guess we have to wait a month or two for a game announcement.

Grei

not the color
Maybe we get Zygarde early in the game at 10%, and as the story progresses, we collect more cells/cores and change its form.

Akashin

Maybe we get Zygarde early in the game at 10%, and as the story progresses, we collect more cells/cores and change its form.

I'm torn between either this or Zygarde starts the game at 50% as per XY and Team Flare does something to remove it as a threat to their Xerneas/Yveltal-related plans, reducing it either to 10% or to nothing entirely (leaving you to start from scratch).

Either way, I want to see where the games are going to go with this.

KarjamP

For the guys that are proposing that you need to do a quest in order to power Zygarde up to maximum and complete the plot, what happens if you trade a Zygarde generated into these games? Even the Zygarde generated within X and Y is partially powered up (due to it being in its 50% form), and players of those games would most likely had already capture said Zygarde before playing this game.

I believe what actually would happen is that the players would get an item that would allow one to change its size at will, just like what someone else speculated, and that Zygarde would be within its "Complete" form by the time Lysandre gets to use both legendaries for his goal, or at least get transformed into its Complete forme as you confront Xerneas and Yveltal.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
It feels a bit weird that we didn't get the new z game announced with the new forms but at least we got some news.

Ginatina Origin Forme was revealed before Pokemon Platinum.

Akashin

For the guys that are proposing that you need to do a quest in order to power Zygarde up to maximum and complete the plot, what happens if you trade a Zygarde generated into these games? Even the Zygarde generated within X and Y is partially powered up (due to it being in its 50% form), and players of those games would most likely had already capture said Zygarde before playing this game.

I believe what actually would happen is that the players would get an item that would allow one to change its size at will, just like what someone else speculated, and that Zygarde would be within its "Complete" form by the time Lysandre gets to use both legendaries for his goal, or at least get transformed into its Complete forme as you confront Xerneas and Yveltal.

The situation you're talking about isn't that different from Rayquaza in ORAS. Regardless of whether it has Dragon Ascent or not or where it came from, you can't Mega Evolve it until you complete Delta Episode. They could easily impose similar restrictions here: Zygarde is locked in whatever its default form is (and changed to it if it isn't the 50% form) and stuck there until you reach a point that lets you change it.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
The design of the new Pokemon forms is so bad, it makes me feel like Pokemon is dying. Especially the Zygarde dog... I can't believe we waited 2 years since X & Y came out for that.... what.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I love the complete form of Zygarde the most because it just looks so epic. It feels a bit weird that we didn't get the new z game announced with the new forms but at least we got some news. Guess we have to wait a month or two for a game announcement.
I think the same happened with Giratina's Origin forme.
The design of the new Pokemon forms is so bad, it makes me feel like Pokemon is dying. Especially the Zygarde dog... I can't believe we waited 2 years since X & Y came out for that.... what.
The good news is that the distaste will end just with every other new Pokemon forme that was complained about.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Another thing I found interesting is that there are several Zygarde Core since I originally was under the impression that it would only be one(I guess I probably should have seen it coming since Complete Zygarde has 5 in its chest) meaning that we might be able to have more of the lesser forms like 10% at the same time, assuming only one Core is needed. Although I'm not sure they will go that far with the idea.

I didn't even realize that when I first read it. Since the core is essentially the Pokemon itself, this would be the first instance outside of the anime where there is confirmed to be more than one of a Legendary Pokemon.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I didn't even realize that when I first read it. Since the core is essentially the Pokemon itself, this would be the first instance outside of the anime where there is confirmed to be more than one of a Legendary Pokemon.

Pokedex entries have long since referenced multiple legendaries.