1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

With all these crazy-*** forms, I'm wondering if they'll actually let us go whole hog with retaining moves between them, especially if their movesets end up differing wildly.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

you thought zygarde was kyurem, but he was actually deoxys!

3. Shiny Yveltal Steak

Shiny Yveltal Steak Super Rare Steak

What if with each transformation, Zygarde learns a new move? If the scavenger cell hunt is to be considered, you get the core, it has only one move, etc?

if Zygarde has 10 forms, including the 10%,50%, and Complete forms, he has a movepool of 10 moves..? (;-;)

btw, is it spelled Forme or Form?

4. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I'm wondering now if it's going to end up being similar to how Kyurem is with certain moves after [de]fusing; Glaciate became Ice Burn/Freeze Shock, while Scary Face became Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt.

5. Tuvixer

Tuvixer Well-Known Member

I think it is Form, because the plural is Forms and if it would be Forme than the plural would be Formes. And the grammar check says it is Form xD

PS: No way they are going to make 10 forms for Z.

6. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

The official site, however, says Forme and Formes.

7. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

The way pokemon does this is super eye-rolly, but basically Legends get "Formes", like Giratina Origin Forme, if they change them in terms of stats or whathave you. If they're cosmetic, like Keldeo's Resolute Form, it's just "Form"; same applies to regular pokemon (Unowns are just "Another Form", for example).

Equally arbitrary is that if a regular pokemon gets a significant form change (like Rotom is [Appliance] Rotom, Darmanitan gets Zen Mode) it's usually called something else. I think Aegislash is the only one I can think of that gets "Forme" instead of some flavorful "Blade Stance".

8. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

The only reason I brought up Deoxys was because Zygarde 10% is said to be a Pokemon that has high speed but that's about it.

I personally think that it won't be exactly "strong" may even lose attack apon downgrading to 10%, but unlike Deoxys it has zero form of entry hazards and no type of support (ala Mirror Coat).

Unless you like spamming Dragon Dance, I can't see a use for this thing.

Unless we can ride it in the overworld lol.

9. Rio!

Rio! Composer

That's still assuming that it's supposed to fill the exact same role, which based on its move-pool isn't going to be the case, therefore drawing comparisons between an intentionally lower-forme of a pokemon makes little sense.

Riding mechanic was pretty 'meh' to me, especially in the two routes where it was required.

10. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I'm thinking right now that that's kind of the point. It's form that's weaker than normal Zygarde on purpose for story purposes. It might get it's own niche, but overall, I think it won't have a point outside of the plot of the game.

I never knew that. I always assumed that forme was the British spelling, sort of like centre instead of center. Despite that, I'll continue to always spell it form instead forme.

Anyways, I wondering right now if Zygarde is going to get any other forms. Maybe one or two more to go in between the forms we already know about.

11. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's just 10, 50 & 100 considering 10 is a decent stop-gap and the description for Perfect implies that 50% is usually fine until things get real bad in the environment

12. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

Just a shame that Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves is the same power as Land's Wrath. I expect Zygarde to have a signature move that does over 100 damage. The complete form is really impressive and I can't wait to use it when the game comes out.

13. TWN

TWN 5326 7398 1244

It would be interesting if you were given Zygarde Core in place of either the Kalos or Kanto starter. But rather than your starter evolving as in other games, you collect Zygarde Cells throughout the region to upgrade its forms to 10%, 50%, and Complete.

I'll make a probably-incorrect prediction about Pokemon Z for fun: you'll get Zygarde Core as your starter, a Kalos starter from the professor's lab (when you would get the Kanto starter in XY), and there will be ten Zygarde Cells to collect throughout the story. You'll get your first Zygarde Cell after the first gym (enabling 10% form), your fifth Cell after the seventh gym (enabling 50% form), and your tenth at the very end of the game (right before the final battle). And also, I predict the final battle will be story-related rather than a typical Champion (similarly to Black/White). Zygarde Complete will be significantly more powerful than any other Pokemon, with one caveat: it will work similarly to Mega Evolution, in that the form can only be sustained for the duration of the battle, meaning that Zygarde can be the only Pokemon in your party while in this form since the other 5 slots will have to be consumed by the remaining 50% of Zygarde Cells.

Probably way off, but it's fun to guess.

14. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

FWIW, this sounds way better than whatever the actual implementation will likely be.

15. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Or...

Aside from being after Xerneas and/or Yveltal, Team Flare also has Zygarde Core, and they were also collecting Zygarde Cells.
    You battle Zygarde's 10% at one point, then 50%, and finally the Complete Forme when the region is finally in utter chaos.

Only when you're facing the Complete Forme you're allowed to catch it.

16. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I bet you're not allowed to catch the complete form

Sort of like the White/Black Kyurem "boss" in BW2, though that had an actual mechanic excuse to go with it.
    I could easily see something like you beat it, the cells fall apart and you have to rebuild it as a side quest in the post game

17. TWN

TWN 5326 7398 1244

That's an interesting theory. Though given that Zygarde is painted as a protector of the ecosystem, it'd be a little off-base to see its story revolve around being used for evil. Especially given the following description of Complete Forme: "When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme."

Maybe Team Flare causes a disturbance in the ecosystem by awakening Xerneas and Yveltal, and you have to use Zygarde Complete to defeat them both?

18. I was wondering if Zygarde's other formes were going to have different typings, even if they just kept either the Ground or Dragon type.
    Question answered.

I'm just going to assume Perfect Zygarde will have the same typing, but we'll see in due time (hopefully).

19. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

We've known Zygarde Complete Forme will retain its Dragon/Ground typing since the CoroCoro leak.

The page UltimateNinja linked says so as well, for the record.

20. I just went back and checked.
    I guess I just didn't quite see where it said that. (on the CC leaks, I mean)