• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
I wouldn't really look at that as a hint either way. Personally I think we might get 5 differently colored Cores corresponding to the 5 hexagons in Zygarde Complete's chest.

I was thinking that too, but actually I think there's probably 6. At the beginning of either the act 4 special or the first episode of XY & Z (can't remember which XD), there was a zygarde underground in its 50% form. I think that core always stays underground in 50% form, and the other 5 cores roam Kalos. That way any one core can change to 50% form at a time, or they can all go into 10% forms to quickly run to the last core and merge into Complete Zygarde. Plus, you know, 6 cores, the hexagons, gen 6. It fits the theme nicely. Just my 99 cents of speculation though.

7JayDee7

GrandmasterTactician
I just have this gut feeling that this direct will be the announcement. It just seems to me as though they are really promoting the point of the two unnamed games. Well, I guess we will find out very soon.

Anubis91

I really hope that we'll get a official annoucement this week but even if we don't, we know that a new game will be announced one day ^^

On the blue Zygarde Core that has leaked in corocoro, my bet is that we will have one game named ZX where we will catch the Blue Punichan (and Xerneas), and we will collect 50% of Zygarde cells which means we will have de "normal" 50% Zygarde form. We will have another game named ZY where we will catch Red Punichan (and Yveltal) and the other 50% cells so we'll have another 50% Zygarde form. Then you trade one the two 50% form to the other game and you'll have your Perfect form :) (i don't think that there will be a orange, white and violet Core)

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I've always had a feeling that we won't find out anything about a new game until Dec/Jan. Also, they don't reveal/announce new games in Coro-Coro do they? They usually announce games out of the blue?

Just watch, we're all expecting an announcement in Coro-Coro but they will randomly release the game title/5 second game trailer (showing Zygarde then 'POKEMON Z' (or whatever) Coming soon' This is how I see it going.

If we do get a new game announced in Dec/Jan, I can see it being released the weekend after the next movie.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I may confuse you all and maybe what I am going to tell you is the most shocking thing you've ever heard but now since there's a blue Zygarde Core there's something we ALL forgot to think about.

And that's the movie 19 trailer. We saw both the red Zygarde Core AND the 100% Zygarde in that preview.

So I predict, that the 100% Zygarde from the M19 preview is NOT the same 100% Zygarde they revealed in the corocoro, but the 100% Zygarde only with the blue core in it (maybe a blue 100% Zygarde).

Akashin

I may confuse you all and maybe what I am going to tell you is the most shocking thing you've ever heard but now since there's a blue Zygarde Core there's something we ALL forgot to think about.

And that's the movie 19 trailer. We saw both the red Zygarde Core AND the 100% Zygarde in that preview.

We saw it hop out of the movie title right before it panned out to show Zygarde. That's not exactly the most damming evidence that it won't be part of Zygarde Complete in the movie itself.

Aetius

Kinda saw it coming like the rest of the community and I seriously doubt that Masuda will announce anything relevant during Pokènchi.
Oh well, we'll just have to wait some more. :)
As for Hoopa, I seriously hope that they will announce the event for Italy soon! :D

OptimusZygarde

Butterfly fanatic
I thought I was fairly clear. It's a massive assumption on your part to say that "the fanbase is figuring out the plot of the upcoming game(s) before it's even announced," which is what you said, verbatim.

And I'll ask you again. Is there something about the new games that you know about that nobody else does? The answer is probably no, you don't. You know just as much as the rest of the fanbase, so please stop acting like you know everything. You are clearly against people speculating and thinking outside the box in general from what I've seen in your posts, so don't even bother discussing it with them if it annoys you that much. That's all you do is come on here and tell people that they are always wrong, and then use a bunch of sophisticated college-level phrases to make yourself out to be always in the right. You are being just as much of a nuisance as the ones who are cheesed off that nothing was revealed last night.

On the blue Zygarde Core that has leaked in corocoro, my bet is that we will have one game named ZX where we will catch the Blue Punichan (and Xerneas), and we will collect 50% of Zygarde cells which means we will have de "normal" 50% Zygarde form. We will have another game named ZY where we will catch Red Punichan (and Yveltal) and the other 50% cells so we'll have another 50% Zygarde form. Then you trade one the two 50% form to the other game and you'll have your Perfect form :) (i don't think that there will be a orange, white and violet Core)

I think that may be a little difficult for those who don't know anybody else to trade with, or if they are unable to own both games to trade amongst themselves. If that particular trade is required to complete the story, I think that would make it very difficult for some people to move ahead in the game.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
The reason why nothing has been announced yet is one of the following:

- They are not ready with the game, because they are adding things up to make Z a very big game. Maybe a new subregion or a different plot.

- They are making a gen 7 game, and original games take much longer to create.

- They are ready with the game but are holding it back for comercial reasons, either their own (giving more time to ORAS, as it was a long requested game release and they want to squeeze it more) or inforced by Nintendo (PSMD needs space to shine, etc)

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer
Anyways... yeah, I wasn't expecting CoroCoro to give out anything. But there is one thing worrying me, and it's that we keep getting more and more Zygarde info via the anime before a game is even announced. I have seen several fans theorize back in September that there would be a Red Core and Blue Core, and look what happened. Not to mention the anime opening clearly makes it obvious that you will obtain a Zygarde while Team Flare will have one, and I'm assuming this is where the different-colored Cores come in.

It's not really that clear to be honest, especially since the anime isn't exactly canon to games. That was mostly a reasonable guess concerning the cores though, especially since the anime made it apparent that more than one exists as it stands, given the plot so far.Maybe it will be, maybe it won't.

My point here is that it's pretty sad that the fanbase is figuring out the plot of the upcoming game(s) before it's even announced. If that's the case, then I suggest that Game Freak better shake things up if they don't want the fans to become disinterested and bored.

We don't know if fans are "figuring out anything" if we don't even know the nature of the games though. This is why I'm not the biggest fan of speculation plot-wise to be honest. Then we end up with a bunch of "I told you so's" and others getting upset since their own predictions didn't come true, thus sucking the fun out of it for the remaining fans. =/

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
I'm not so sure that the Direct will be spending any time talking about Z, especially since it's an American Direct. It's probably going to focus on hyping people up for Fire Emblem: Fates, Xenoblade Chronicles: X, and Paper Jam. Those are all games that people already know about, and priming the hype pump will help Nintendo capitalize on sales when they arrive. Z hasn't even been announced yet.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'm not so sure that the Direct will be spending any time talking about Z, especially since it's an American Direct. It's probably going to focus on hyping people up for Fire Emblem: Fates, Xenoblade Chronicles: X, and Paper Jam. Those are all games that people already know about, and priming the hype pump will help Nintendo capitalize on sales when they arrive. Z hasn't even been announced yet.

What's stopping them from announcing Z though?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not so sure that the Direct will be spending any time talking about Z, especially since it's an American Direct.

While there's no reason they need to/will announce a new Pokemon game, this won't be a reason for it. The Direct has since been announced in both Japan and Europe.

7JayDee7

GrandmasterTactician

What's stopping them from announcing Z though?

Exactly. They are announcing two games. It isn't just promotion.

Akashin

And I'll ask you again. Is there something about the new games that you know about that nobody else does? The answer is probably no, you don't. You know just as much as the rest of the fanbase, so please stop acting like you know everything. You are clearly against people speculating and thinking outside the box in general from what I've seen in your posts, so don't even bother discussing it with them if it annoys you that much. That's all you do is come on here and tell people that they are always wrong, and then use a bunch of sophisticated college-level phrases to make yourself out to be always in the right. You are being just as much of a nuisance as the ones who are cheesed off that nothing was revealed last night.

Putting aside your personal issues with him, you're the only one making any claims like this, in saying that the fanbase has figured out the plot of the next game via the anime. What the anime is currently doing shouldn't really be taken verbatim as what Z will be doing.

Xuxuba

Well, Masuda told us to watch the Nintendo Direct so that probably means we will get something related to Pokemon.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Masuda telling fans watch Nintendo direct... It's Pokemon related I'd say... But I just hope nothing about pokken... Just give us Z or Gen 7

Illusio

No words, only rage
Could be Pokken, GF/TCPI have been pushing that game and now would be a good time to get details on its Wii U release and maybe another newcomer.