• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Akashin

I think it's basically confirmed. :'D

At this point telling people not to get their hopes up too high is probably pointless, but at the very least keep in mind that Masuda urging people to watch only means that there will be something Pokemon related. It could just as easily be more info on GO or Pokken as it could be a Z announcement.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm still not convinced. Assuming this tweet even means anything (he could just be advertising it for Nintendo, as they work together), it's probably just Pokken.

Back when X and Y was announced they gave it its own direct. I just can't see them making an announcement as big as a new Pokemon game in a normal Direct, where it has to share time and the spotlight with other games. There's nothing wrong with hoping for the best, but please people, don't expect it.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
This is becoming like a Fallout 4 scenario. "guz its totally happenin!"

While I do want an announcement of the next main pokemon game. But I feel like this year is over already for one. The holidays are already here and SMD is coming out next week. Just let the remaining days of 2015 pass by. And then when 2016 comes, there's bound to be info of the next main pokemon game.

My two cents. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Xuxuba

I'm a pessimist, but in this case i think Z is the most likely scenario.

Pokkén? They already announced Shadow Mewtwo last week and IMO they are not going to announce a new thing every single week before the game is released, because it's pretty clear that the Wii U game is quite similar to the one already out, so there's not much to announce here.

SMD? They already said the release date, they already posted a bunch of trailers and we already know everything there's to know about this game. It's just a matter of time now until this game gets released. Using the Nintendo Direct's precious time just to show another trailer of that game would be extremely pointless.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm a pessimist, but in this case i think Z is the most likely scenario.

Pokkén? They already announced Shadow Mewtwo last week and IMO they are not going to announce a new thing every single week before the game is released, because it's pretty clear that the Wii U game is quite similar to the one already out, so there's not much to announce here.

SMD? They already said the release date, they already posted a bunch of trailers and we already know everything there's to know about this game. It's just a matter of time now until this game gets released. Using the Nintendo Direct's precious time just to show another trailer of that game would be extremely pointless.

At least half of most Nintendo Directs' time is normally used to advertise games we already know a descent amount about. Pokken or Mystery Dungeon sections are not out of question.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
At this point telling people not to get their hopes up too high is probably pointless, but at the very least keep in mind that Masuda urging people to watch only means that there will be something Pokemon related. It could just as easily be more info on GO or Pokken as it could be a Z announcement.
I was actually being sarcastic. :'D

But honestly, I do think we're going to get something, even if it's a simple 40 second trailer to hype things up. It would be a fabulous and clever way to end 2015.

I think so too. I hope we don't get disappointed. I don't even need a trailer, just the release date.
If they announce Z, I think the release date would be around September (?), hopefully. I'm bad at picking dates huehue.

Last edited:

Xuxuba

At least half of most Nintendo Directs' time is normally used to advertise games we already know a descent amount about. Pokken or Mystery Dungeon sections are not out of question.

Yeah i certainly remember some overexposed games, but they usually add a bit of new info about those overexposed games aswell.

Considering the fact that they are not posting as much as they used to, you would think that they would take this opportunity to announce new games or release info about games that we're anxious to know about, because god knows when they are going to post another Direct.

BCVM22

If they announce Z, I think the release date would be around September (?)

I don't think we've had a Pokémon core title gestate that long in quite some time. If we do get a release date for such a game tomorrow, I would think it's for Q2 or very early Q3 of next year.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hmmm. Interesting to know that Masuda tweeted to specifically watch tomorrow's direct.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
If I'm not mistaken, the only other Direct he tweeted fans to watch was the Pokemon Direct back in January 2013.

I know he tweeted fans to watch the Pokemon GO! press conference, but I'm specifically referring to just Nintendo Directs.

Still, gotta keep my expectations low...

ArtFenix

He also told the fans to watch the opening (or anding?) of Pokemon World Championship back in august. Many expected Pokemon Z announcement but they only announced that Pokken was indeed coming to WiiU. Duh!
I don't wanna be tricked like that again.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Ariga, one of GFs main Pokemon Artists also tweeted the direct too. Masuda alone was enougj, but random employees as well? Yeah, brace yourselves I'd say, Pokemon is Coming.

I am completely serious about this, this Direct being for everything up to sprng, which for Nintendo is well into May, is a very big sign of how important this direct is. Usually Octomber/November directs lead into February, maybe with a rare Post March game for something big. This is likely the final direct, withits replacement coming next year, and with Nintendo being so affirmative of NX being 2016s big thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to get out every and any unannounced 3DS and WiiU game they can in this one, leaving NX and NX game reveals for 2016. Only one or two major exceptions like Zelda U for this generations consoles in 2016 for announcements me thinks. In othrr words, yeah this Direct revealing Pokemon as a final Software Push for the 3DS would hardly be surprising.
If I were to guess ehat they eould show confirmation of the games, what it exactly is(3rd version sequels or kinder surprise magical gamefreak crack), reveal of whatever Zygarde formes pop up if there is anything else, and a trailer revealing the protags and Kalos 2.0. Maube sprinkled with a 20th anniversary tease in-game, like 25 year old red appearing out of nowhere.

Last edited:

7JayDee7

GrandmasterTactician
I really think an announcement is here, but I think that another announcement needs to happen soon as well.
Volcanion.
It's been around two years of it being in our minds. When will it be announced?

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
A couple of interesting tidbits to keep in mind, please be aware that I'm not saying something is definitely going to happen or won't happen:

- Masuda is doing roughly the same thing he did when he told fans back in September to watch out for CoroCoro, when Zygarde Formes were revealed. Both Nintendo and CoroCoro are not exclusively about Pokemon, but Masuda himself is. This means whatever he is telling fans to watch out for, it's likely Pokemon-related.

- It has already been confirmed that this Direct is going to cover the 3DS and the Wii U, but no mobile or NX stuff. Which means it's safe to assume Pokemon GO won't be "it".

- SMD coverage is pretty much done. It has already released in Japan two months ago, and is due to release in America next week. That leaves two choices: Pokken and/or "Z".

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I really think an announcement is here, but I think that another announcement needs to happen soon as well.
Volcanion.
It's been around two years of it being in our minds. When will it be announced?
I would assume February, if Zyvarde is the preliminary Pokemon for the Decenber title reveal for movie19, anddailing thatperhaps its next month, with the main star of them9vie withtje final title in February being something else.

A couple of interesting tidbits to keep in mind, please be aware that I'm not saying something is definitely going to happen or won't happen:

- Masuda is doing roughly the same thing he did when he told fans back in September to watch out for CoroCoro, when Zygarde Formes were revealed. Both Nintendo and CoroCoro are not exclusively about Pokemon, but Masuda himself is. This means whatever he is telling fans to watch out for, it's likely Pokemon-related.

- It has already been confirmed that this Direct is going to cover the 3DS and the Wii U, but no mobile or NX stuff. Which means it's safe to assume Pokemon GO won't be "it".

- SMD coverage is pretty much done. It has already released in Japan two months ago, and is due to release in America next week. That leaves two choices: Pokken and/or "Z".
Pokken is a strong bet too, I guess they kinda need to reveal its story mode, and other various features for the Wij U version. But I also think it can be both Pokken and the next game(s). Ijudt don't see how we can go into movie 19 territory ar this point with all that we knoe about Zygarde without any game news at all.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Keeping my expectations low. Even though the Direct is creeping closer.
But it's a Nintendo Direct, so if Fire Emblem Fates and Zelda U are highlighted, even in Pokemon isn't. It's fine with me.

Regardless of when it's being announced. We will get a game next year. 20th Anniversary may seem minimal to some here, from reading earlier posts, but people associated with Pokemon are taking pride into it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Ariga, one of GFs main Pokemon Artists also tweeted the direct too. Masuda alone was enougj, but random employees as well? Yeah, brace yourselves I'd say, Pokemon is Coming.

Hmmm. That makes it more interesting. Here's the said tweet. It's a retweet but regardless...

Hitoshi Ariga worked on Pokemon X and Y and was the designer of Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Amaura, Aurorus, and most recently Mega Beedrill. He's not involved in any Pokemon spin-off as far as I know.