• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Janovy

Banned

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Thanks. :)

Definitely going with a Volcanion Forme then.

Gen 7 would be nice, but seems real unlikely, even if it was some cutesy pre-evo for something like Scyther or Pinsir(to throwback to Gen 1 for the 20th anniv).

OptimusZygarde

Butterfly fanatic
Probably a new Forme, Mega, Mega equivelant, or a brand-new Pokemon.

Mega Ditto CONFIRMED.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm going to go with Eternal Floette or a new Pokémon entirely as my guesses. I think that whatever it will be must command some presence if it's taking center stage ahead of Volcanion and (likely?) Zygarde, and any of those two options would do it to some degree.

Last edited:
I'm going to agree with the people guessing Eternal Floette, seems like it could fit in with Volcanion and Zygarde and the whole "humans are jerks" theme going on in the movie. Either that or another version of Volcanion.
It seems unlikely to me that they will reveal a gen VII pokémon before Floette.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really can't see AZ's Floette appearing in the movie, let alone the anime at all. I'm probably in the minority, but I believe it's going to be receivable in-game in Z Version, with AZ himself saying he isn't worthy of being with it and giving it to the player to take care of until he thinks he's redeemed himself. I just can't see a Pokemon that important to the game's story being given away through an event.

Regardless, for AZ's Floette to appear in the movie, that would require AZ himself to appear, and that would just be awkward and forced. Judging by the way the ends of Sinnoh and Unova went, it's too early for a Seventh Gen Pokemon. And while a new Volcanion form is somewhat likely, my guess is that it's a Z Version Mega Evolution. It's pretty much a certainty that Z will introduce new Megas, so why not show one of them off here. Or it's my dream come true and it's a Gen 6.5 Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They started a petition to get Danny DeVito to voice Detective Pikachu.

Can someone explain that joke to me? I'm seeing it mentioned everywhere, and I don't get it.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If I had to guess, its Perfect Zygarde's counterpart, or otherwise. Its in the same row with it whem they could have listed it with Volcanion, the other legendary there, and instead of advertiding it with something neutral, the flyer has giant Hexagons all over it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Can someone explain that joke to me? I'm seeing it mentioned everywhere, and I don't get it.

As a short person, he is generally cast for the roles of short characters with humorous roles.

Which, happen to be almost anything weird.

If I had to guess, its Perfect Zygarde's counterpart, or otherwise. Its in the same row with it whem they could have listed it with Volcanion, the other legendary there, and instead of advertiding it with something neutral, the flyer has giant Hexagons all over it.

Ooh.

I don't think the placement of the pin has any major significance, but this is interesting.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
New art of Classic Red teased in this advertisement for a new Red figurine. Why the hell is there new Trainer art for Classic Red?
"Kotobukiya produces collectables, and the original source says this is the "beginning of Pocket Monsters series figures, with a modern revival of the legendary trainer Red."
moonlitsaki.com/2016/01/kotobukiya-teases-wonder-festival-2016-winter-exhibition-items-sakura-taisen-shinguji-sakura-more.html

NotoriousHD

20th Anniversary - Gaming Nostalgia to release with the original games on Virtual Console. Pairs nicely with the Pocket Monster Origins Series.

Pocoman

Deviant Art Trainer
New art of Classic Red teased in this advertisement for a new Red figurine. Why the hell is there new Trainer art for Classic Red?
"Kotobukiya produces collectables, and the original source says this is the "beginning of Pocket Monsters series figures, with a modern revival of the legendary trainer Red."
moonlitsaki.com/2016/01/kotobukiya-teases-wonder-festival-2016-winter-exhibition-items-sakura-taisen-shinguji-sakura-more.html

My dream of Kanto remake for 3DS will come true :') It would make sense, FR/LG were part of Gen III, it's time for a remake of them too, perhaps a remake of a single version like Yellow or Blue this time? That wouldn't leave so much time for the "Z"/"whatever they do to avoid the Z but still being a continuation of X/Y" though, so I guess I'm just dreaming. Probably they're just releasing new artwork for promotional purposes for the 20th anniversary, just like they did with the Mythical Pokémon they're distributing throughout the year. I hope it's for a new game.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
The Mythical Pokemon received 20th anniversary artwork.
Can't we have a commemorative anniversary art for Red?

We did though, in the famitsu article.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RSnYMWSFaFE/maxresdefault.jpg
The small portion of red we see is decidely different from 20th anniversary red. When you compare the two, its obvious this is another redesign. More based on the original, but markedly different.
-Brown Hair akin to FRLG Red, opposed to the black hair.
-Higher Collar.
-More detailed pockets.
-Either the hair spikes are higher or gone completely.

I'm not saying this is concrete evidence of anything. I just find it highly irregular to create a modern visualization of the original art, and then do something markedly different for a proper Trainer Art.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My dream of Kanto remake for 3DS will come true :') It would make sense, FR/LG were part of Gen III, it's time for a remake of them too, perhaps a remake of a single version like Yellow or Blue this time? That wouldn't leave so much time for the "Z"/"whatever they do to avoid the Z but still being a continuation of X/Y" though, so I guess I'm just dreaming. Probably they're just releasing new artwork for promotional purposes for the 20th anniversary, just like they did with the Mythical Pokémon they're distributing throughout the year. I hope it's for a new game.

We have the original games coming on the 3DS Virtual Console.

The Gen 1 remake will probably happen 5 years from now, when Pokemon celebrate its Silver Anniversary.

We did though, in the famitsu article.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RSnYMWSFaFE/maxresdefault.jpg
The small portion of red we see is decidely different from 20th anniversary red. When you compare the two, its obvious this is another redesign. More based on the original, but markedly different.
-Brown Hair akin to FRLG Red, opposed to the black hair.
-Higher Collar.
-More detailed pockets.
-Either the hair spikes are higher or gone completely.

I'm not saying this is concrete evidence of anything. I just find it highly irregular to create a modern visualization of the original art, and then do something markedly different for a proper Trainer Art.

Indicative of Red making a cameo in next main series game? Nah. But that would be nice.
Probably just another promotional art.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Promotional Art? Maybe. I think thoigh with the extra details in the clothing, along with the dynamic pose, that its somethkng more. But we'll see. Apparently the manafactuers are gonna have displays next week, so if the floorshow model leaks, then we will see the entire design. Then we could discuss it perhaps.